Delhi Court blocks Delhi rape BBC documentary

AmreekanDesi

Yes...all that and exposing the real faces of the rapist mentality....that this documentary is trying.Everything is needed.Why stop the documentary? Who does it help? What cause does it serve?....other than giving people a false sense of security.Let people see the reality and then learn to deal with it.
There is no rapist mentality. Do you think, he would have thought about all those things at that time. No, they are just after thoughts trying to justify himself. A lot of people say same thing like girls should not roam at night, should not go out with boys, and shouldn't wear western clothes, etc. How is that a rapist mentality?

What are your thoughts on the - "Criminals should not be given air time"? I think there's some merit in that point. The logic to not air because you need a "nationalist" certificate is clearly ridiculous.
Exactly i am an opposite of nationalist every bit. I have criticized Indians acting petulantly on public forum to defend our country more than the most. This is far beyond nationalism.

There is no rapist mentality. Do you think' date=' he would have thought about all those things at that time. No, they are just after thoughts trying to justify himself. A lot of people say same thing like girls should not roam at night, should not go out with boys, and shouldn't wear western clothes, etc. How is that a rapist mentality?[/quote'] They are all made up excuses which has zero merit. We cannot use him as a test subject and form laws. Frankly this is a worthless and insensitive interview which is driving home nothing.

There is no rapist mentality. Do you think' date= he would have thought about all those things at that time. No, they are just after thoughts trying to justify himself. A lot of people say same thing like girls should not roam at night, should not go out with boys, and shouldn't wear western clothes, etc. How is that a rapist mentality?
Yes ,there is a rapist mentality.When someone's thinking is similar to the one a rapist uses to justify rape...then this someone has a rapist's mentality.Chautala,Mulayam,Mamata ,Abu Azmi,This rapist ,the khaps that share his views...all have the rapist mentality...because all these people in there sick mind can find justification for rape.When people start saying,she/he got raped because of this and that...then it becomes a justification of rape...like you wear this,go out ,go there....you are available for rape. As for the interview...if the objection is in allowing him air time...then the solution can be in publishing his views just as the views of the Delhi rapist...without mentioning him by name or showing him.In fact it would make an excellent pro gramme....show his statement along with the statements of the esteemed parliamentarians to show how there is not much difference between their thinking.

They are all made up excuses which has zero merit. We cannot use him as a test subject and form laws. Frankly this is a worthless and insensitive interview which is driving home nothing.
and hearing same thing from other people and saying they are all rapist but have not done because of lack of opportunity and fear of punishment is ridiculous. This is just an India mentality, man and woman alike. Does it make those woman who thinks like that rapist too? India has not yet grown up enough in this regard. I had once talk about it somewhere about it that India isnt a one country. Multiple Indias in one India and all think differently. Thing is India is in a transition phase. Old generation wants to force themselves on younger generation. Young generation is clouded with different things they get from older generation with backward thoughs which conflict with their own set of thoughts but thought process of an urban Indian youth and a rural Indian youth still sets them apart. They two are different too. We have multiple India in India. Every India thinks differently. Generation gap with all generation having different thought process, different views like some uneducated, backward and some progressive make it even worse and is a big reason for failure of progressive society. India maybe a one name, one country, but it has multiple identities, pretty much like a person suffering from a split personality disorder and you do not know what personality comes out when and where.

Yes ,there is a rapist mentality.When someone's thinking is similar to the one a rapist uses to justify rape...then this someone has a rapist's mentality.Chautala,Mulayam,Mamata ,Abu Azmi,This rapist ,the khaps that share his views...all have the rapist mentality...because all these people in there sick mind can find justification for rape.When people start saying,she/he got raped because of this and that...then it becomes a justification of rape...like you wear this,go out ,go there....you are available for rape. As for the interview...if the objection is in allowing him air time...then the solution can be in publishing his views just as the views of the Delhi rapist...without mentioning him by name or showing him.In fact it would make an excellent pro gramme....show his statement along with the statements of the esteemed parliamentarians to show how there is not much difference between their thinking.
So what about those woman who think similarly, are they also rapist in waiting?

India is a very very hard country to fix culturally considering the population, cultural diversity, language barriers and myriad of other things. There are some stringent laws required. Rape is universal. In India given the corruption, population, poverty it is much more severe.

They are all made up excuses which has zero merit. We cannot use him as a test subject and form laws. Frankly this is a worthless and insensitive interview which is driving home nothing.
D you think there's still scope to publish this documentary and not sound crass like "Indians are rapists"? I'm sure it could be done. I'm wondering about the potential ramifications of this "documentary". I must confess I'm torn between free speech and future problems.

So what about those woman who think similarly' date=' are they also rapist in waiting?[/quote'] They have the rapist mentality too...Mamata included. Women are not saints. The two sides are Victims +people without this mentality Vs rapists and people with this mentality....gender plays a role only in the act as women are not as physically capable of rape.In cases of child and domestic sexual abuse...it is very often the women of the house(the mothers and grandmothers) who play a big role in keeping things quiet.It is not just a gender debate...it is also about the enablers in society and these enablers come in all genders,ages and social stratas(remember Tarun Tejpaj)....

People here seem to be living in some sort of LALA land where airing an interview showing the real view of a criminal is supposed to open people's eyes and what not. However here is the reality 1) Criminals thrive on such kind of exposure. They love this. They are not going to look at this guy's interview and think, sh!t, he was wrong.They are just going to say, "hey he did this and was on TV and is world famous. Let me do this too" 2) The west has already experimented with such things in the past. Interviews with Ted Bundy and other brutal killers. What happened? These killers became celebrities, youngsters tried to be their 'fans' and many other killers were motivated 3) The misogyny against women is not going to be solved by sticking a guy on TV. In fact, confirmation bias and backfire effect will only mean that people who already hold such views will sympathize with the criminal and ask for leniency. Studies have shown that when people see someone on TV they identify with his views even if they are 100% wrong. TLDR; Sticking a criminal on TV and making him famous is the last thing you want in such cases. It has always backfired and always will. People who think this is the way to expose anything have no clue how the human mind works.
Good post.

They have the rapist mentality too...Mamata included. Women are not saints. The two sides are Victims +people without this mentality Vs rapists and people with this mentality....gender plays a role only in the act as women are not as physically capable of rape.In cases of child and domestic sexual abuse...it is very often the women of the house(the mothers and grandmothers) who play a big role in keeping things quiet.It is not just a gender debate...it is also about the enablers in society and these enablers come in all genders' date='ages and social stratas(remember Tarun Tejpaj)....[/quote'] In fact, this is an Indian mentality residing in India from ages, a regressive one. Lack of progressive education, our backward traditions are the reason that Indian society has not progressed in this regard and still lurching between regressive and progressive. We are not a mature civilization yet. People still differentiate between girls and boys. There still are different set of rules for two genders. I am all for airing the interview but if anyone thinks it will make any difference then that person is going to be disappointed. Regressive people will still justify their mentality. Parents will only become strict towards their daughter. Lot of girls will only lose their freedom. It wont suddenly make people progressive or will take them out of the regressive thinking they have, but it will only create fear in the mind of parents who have young girls who go out at night with boys, with friends, etc. A lot of those girls might be deprived of that freedom they enjoy.

D you think there's still scope to publish this documentary and not sound crass like "Indians are rapists"? I'm sure it could be done. I'm wondering about the potential ramifications of this "documentary". I must confess I'm torn between free speech and future problems.
It is hard. Nothing wrong in airing this piece as it is not all about interview with that criminal. There are other parts that has nothing offensive. The lawyer :facepalm: . How did this guy become a lawyer. Still i think we should not have to see the 'perspective' of a rapist. If you are talking about a serial bank robber or any other scam artist it helps you profile future criminals. But a rapist ? certainly not worthy.

In fact, this is an Indian mentality residing in India from ages, a regressive one. Lack of progressive education, our backward traditions are the reason that Indian society has not progressed in this regard and still lurching between regressive and progressive. We are not a mature civilization yet. People still differentiate between girls and boys. There still are different set of rules for two genders. I am all for airing the interview but if anyone thinks it will make any difference then that person is going to be disappointed. Regressive people will still justify their mentality. Parents will only become strict towards their daughter. Lot of girls will only lose their freedom. It wont suddenly make people progressive or will take them out of the regressive thinking they have, but it will only create fear in the mind of parents who have young girls who go out at night with boys, with friends, etc. A lot of those girls might be deprived of that freedom they enjoy.
I think it will make people see their real faces and how dangerously close they are to these criminal. This alone won't help...but it may help in bringing about new laws.Like a few decade back...it was ok to treat people from the 'back ward classes' differently...but now we have laws and whatever their mentality...people dare not do such things in public.At least people in power dare not. We need laws that make it difficult for people to air such views....justify crime,blame victims , discriminate against victims or try to shame the victims. If we don't look at issues...howwill we find solutions. If we kept thinking...yeah people have castiest views...nothing is going to change...nothing would have changed.There was a need for change forcefully...and we got it.People still discriminate but it is less. Rapes will still happen but the victims will not be blamed,shamed or discriminated.That itself will bring about a huge difference. Slowly the mentality will change. Parents and grand parents will realize it is not fine to have such mentality or atleast not acceptable to air it out in front of others in the family who do not agree with them. Random people will think ten times before they let their sick thought out because they will know that they will be judged.This is how change is brought about.Not talking about it will not help in any way.

The lawyer is not stupid' date=' he is trying to appeal to the people who think like the rapist and think it is the victim's fault. As a defence lawyer, that is the only way left for him, i think[/quote'] Typically they would go for mental issues. This is ridiculous.

I think in the interest of protecting sentiments of victims parents and other victims they should not give air time to a criminal.That is why lot of victimised people get the court order to make sure the criminal don't turn into a story. Frankly nobody gives the flying walenda about what this psychopath thinks about the victim at the time of raping. The words are hard to read even for us.. Think about the victims. They have to relive the whole ordeal hearing his heartless comments. This fu*** does not deserve air time or any kind of attention. He should just rot in prison and get beaten up by fellow prisoners until he dies. Who is he? One of the 10000s of rapist that rape girls all over the world. Why is he getting a syndicated interview like he is some sort of revolutionist ? Purely for commercial reasons as this rape shocked the entire world. All f***ing rapists will give some psychotic reasons for raping someone. You really think anyone will come and show remorse about why he raped someone? These are the things that need to be done in the background legally without sensationlization. We should punish rapists not giving platform to hear his expert opinions.
The parents of Nirbhaya had given their consent according to the newpaper today.The father has seen the end product.