Tendulkar at his peak

You're becoming a closet Sachinista :woot: I think you dont have a choice :winky:
i dont hate sachin :dontknow: sachin's legacy is built on his exploits in ODIs.. for me he is an above average test player who piled runs sneakily lots of standout innings played by him in ODIs like desert strorm , WCs but we can count his special test innings without abacus
Kallis stats for Velu's period http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/45789.html?class=1;spanmin1=26+Dec+1998;spanval1=span;template=results;type=allround Avg 35 in Sri Lanka,32 in England(and 32 in BD :phehehe: )
proves my point .. averages are useless .. :aha: if we take statistics both kallis and sachin are same , but sachin is far more ahead conclusion: there are batsmens with averages less than sachin are better than sachin aka lara
i dont hate sachin :dontknow: sachin's legacy is built on his exploits in ODIs.. for me he is an above average test player who piled runs sneakily lots of standout innings played by him in ODIs like desert strorm , WCs but we can count his special test innings without abacus
He's played quite a few number of those so called special innings but you guys dont rate them as our bowlers didn't pick 20 wks. You dont need an abacus for Aussie and Windies greats too if they had similar bowlers
proves my point .. averages are useless .. :aha: if we take statistics both kallis and sachin are same , but sachin is far more ahead conclusion: there are batsmens with averages less than sachin are better than sachin aka lara
Yes but you guys still need a Sachin to prove the quality of any ATG batsman :giggle:
read the title :--D though sachin is consistent , he rarely had any impact like other players had ( aka sehwag , ponting etc ) ..
SRT in the 90s didn't have a team to show for his efforts. In 2008-2011 when we were No 1, SRT averaged 76 in wins. When our team became decent, SRT slumped in mid 2000s and when he got back up late 2000s and our team was good, the results were there to see.

You have to break up stats and see. Scoring heavily in one place and maintaining your overall stats during some peak isn't the same as scoring equally well in all places and maintaining your stats. In the 90s, SRT's test stats were clearly best. attachment.php?attachmentid=2695&stc=1&d=1426257401 To call SRT to have sneakily piled on the runs is harsh IMHO. His strategy in tests was to be solid and score consistent runs.

Jack Kallis from 26 Dec 1998 to retirement ( 16 years ) Matches = 145 Ave = 59.15 close enough ?? :hmmm:
Kallis averaged 41 in his last 21 matches. I wouldn't call that a part of his "peak". Remove that you get 124 matches. Also, during this "peak" of 124 matches there was the year 2008 - 15 tests, 23 innings, 665 runs @31.66......not to mention the overall average of 31 in Bangladesh, 22 in England and 35 in Sri Lanka during his peak.