Probable Indian squad for OZ tour (blood pressure warning: Agarkar a possible inclusion)

Holysmoke

good to see parthiv in the list, hope he makes the tour squad if not the team. But Akash chopra over Sehwag? That's just ridiculous. Sure Veeru is not playing well lately, but class is class and Chopra is a limited player who at best can hope to be a decent ranji player. Once Oz bowlers figured out that he was proficient at ignoring deliveries outside off-stump, but can't handle the wicket-to-wicket stuff, he was done. I can understand not picking Veeru for the tour over Karthik and Parthiv, although I would disagree with it - but not picking him in the 24 probables seems to indicate some anti-sehwag sentiments in the selection committee.

My Squad For Australia: openers: Wasim Jaffer, Gautam Gambhir, Virender Sehwag middle order: Sachin Tendulkar, Rahul Dravid, VVS Laxman, Sourav Ganguly all rounders: Irfan Pathan, Ajit Agarkar Wicket Keeper: MS Dhoni spinners: Anil Kumble, Harbhajan Singh Pace Bowlers: Zaheer Khan, Ishant Sharma, VRV Singh, RP Singh(If Fit) No need for extra baggage. Baggage being guys like Dinesh Karthik, Parthiv Patel. In case Dhoni is injured, We have Dravid who can keep if required. Reason for excluding Yuvraj Singh: No point carrying him around either, it puts unnecessary pressure on the senior players. Theres a great deal of one day cricket after so yuvraj can fly in then. Inclusion of Sehwag: Sehwag was in prime form last time. Hes average is still 49 in test cricket, and even though hes not performing well in domestic cricket. Hes still Virender Sehwag.

yes... sehwag WILL repeat the heroics of last time, even though he cant to **** against a noob ranji player brilliant logic..if he gets picked.. whats the point of these ranji games then? it was 4 yearssss agoo..notlast year or something..
Ok Dravid, Just answer this: What were Laxman's scores in the two Ranji matches before he played the Kotla test? Not even one half ton was scored by him in 4 innings, against a team of nobody. And what did he do at Kotla and Eden? You must be knowing that. Now, what were Ganguly's scores in the county matches and before that, Ranji matches, when he was called for the difficult tour of SA? He was repeatedly getting out in single digits against a team of nobodies. And what did he do ever since coming back? Do I need to tell you that? So, a good player doesn't become a bad one overnight. If Sehwag was scoring runs as an opener at the average of 50 odd, he definitely had class along with form. We should not waste a class player like that. I'm sure that if selectors had shown some faith in him in the longer version, he'd have been spanking the bowlers by now.

Sehwag should have been there... Gambhir WJ on paper sounds like a good combo who complement each other. And Chopra did not score much but seeing off the new ball was a massive bonus. Each of them has a strong case. BUT has KKD done enough vs SA and Eng to keep his place- i think so- if anything batting conditions were harder in SA and he did ok. He deserves to open with WJ in Aus. Yuvraj dosent put pressue on the likes of VVS/ Saurav he keeps em on their toes...he has to be in the squad As for Bose/Kumar etc- trundlers who will be eaten alive. Bose really needs seaming conditions (as does Irfan) unlike them VRV bowls with pace(ish) and bounce. VRV> Bose and even Pathan IMHO. He bowled some genuinely good spells in SA w/o much luck.