In defence of Munaf

No denying he has been very ordinary overall during the first two Tests, but it's important to remember that he was not supposed to play these tests in the first place but gradually work himself back into form in the domestic matches. He was rushed back due to injuries to Sreesanth and RP Singh. He has managed to put in some good spells of reverse swing and has clocked in the 140 vicinity in a couple of spells. He just needs some mileage and while I agree test matches are not the place to get that mileage, but we don't have a choice. Remember the second test offered nothing for the pacers and very little for the spinners also. He should go to Australia if we are down to choosing Agarkar for that tour.

coach is not going to make a bowler into a robot. program instructions and ask the robot to execute. The bowler needs to think a bit too. Unfortunately with daadaji patel - that may be too much to ask for!
Disagree completely and utterly. Munaf is a thinking bowler. His thought process is not holding him back. His wickets against England and WI demonstrated it. It's his execution and fitness which is the crux here, and as I said he was not supposed to play this series in the first place. He is there because others are injured so let's cut him some slack on the bowling front.
No denying he has been very ordinary overall during the first two Tests, but it's important to remember that he was not supposed to play these tests in the first place but gradually work himself back into form in the domestic matches. He was rushed back due to injuries to Sreesanth and RP Singh. He has managed to put in some good spells of reverse swing and has clocked in the 140 vicinity in a couple of spells. He just needs some mileage and while I agree test matches are not the place to get that mileage, but we don't have a choice. Remember the second test offered nothing for the pacers and very little for the spinners also. He should go to Australia if we are down to choosing Agarkar for that tour.
thats 100% rite man...he has been performing in the test...and in indian pitches hardly fast bowler gets something but he still bowl good with old ball and plus he was bowling 140...so he should go rather then agarkar...bhad me gaya expereince...no sehwag then no agarkar...
bowling at 140? I watched a good part of the final days play of the test... munaf was clocking a miserable 68-72 mph:rolleyes:
wasnt a pitch was very low bounce and slow...u expect him to bowl on 80-90 mph...knowing that match would end up in draw...ya rite buddy...:finger::finger:
bowling at 140? I watched a good part of the final days play of the test... munaf was clocking a miserable 68-72 mph:rolleyes:
You should have watched the whole matches at Delhi and Kolkata to know about his speed. And on final day, even by bowling at 110-120 he took a wicket. Sami couldn't claim that too. Speed alone doesn't give you a wicket on Indian pitches.

Munaf was disappointing with his pace in the second innings, but as Chandan had pointed out, He did bowl a fiery second spell in the first innings, clocking close to 140. I think its about time all of the fans who rated Munaf highly downgraded their expectations. He doesnt seem to be the bowler he once was.