Shoaib Akthar's value to Pakistan

King

I've always said he's of not much use. People will quote his strike rate and average to demonstrate how good he is but as I've always said he is still not of much use. How often haven't we seen him show up in a test match and end up not bowling more than a spell or two? I'm convinced he's in fact blocking lot of up coming bowlers. Rao was called up from Pakistan but what did he get to do? Absoltuely nothing. Bringing him over to India and not playing him is a shame when the strike bowler ends up bowling not more than just 10 overs. The amont of bowling Yasir Arafat, Sami and Kaneria have bowled in this test match will ensure they will not be available for selection due to injuries in the next series. What a waste Shoaib is?

I've always said he's of not much use. People will quote his strike rate and average to demonstrate how good he is but as I've always said he is still not of much use. How often haven't we seen him show up in a test match and end up not bowling more than a spell or two? I'm convinced he's in fact blocking lot of up coming bowlers. Rao was called up from Pakistan but what did he get to do? Absoltuely nothing. Bringing him over to India and not playing him is a shame when the strike bowler ends up bowling not more than just 10 overs. The amont of bowling Yasir Arafat' date=' Sami and Kaneria have bowled in this test match will ensure they will not be available for selection due to injuries in the next series. What a waste Shoaib is?[/quote'] i agree with cricketics.. he is a complete disgrace to cricket. He has the brains to bowl but also has a lot of brainfarts... And anyway, he is not blocking anybody's way. there are many more slots available. Asif and/or Gul are also usually injured. neither of Akhtar, Asif and Gul are available to play together that keeps one slot open all the time.. but their selectors keep bringing people like Sami, Arafat or Afridi and keep recyclying the same crap
Salman Khan of cricket' date= a complete drama queen and like 'tics said..a sheer disgrace to this game
he literally tries to show off like Sallu on cricket field with his sleeves folded up, showing off his "muscles" and looking like a gunda.... but Sallu Sallu hain :D:two_thumbs_up:

A self centric ego maniac, if there was ever one. This show boater, hardly chucked 10 overs yesterday, but ensured in the limited time he was around, he made his mark by his taunts, his funny faces (that he made at Indian batsmen) and his antics during his runup and then promptly went on a stretcher to where he belongs

i agree with cricketics.. he is a complete disgrace to cricket. He has the brains to bowl but also has a lot of brainfarts... And anyway, he is not blocking anybody's way. there are many more slots available. Asif and/or Gul are also usually injured. neither of Akhtar, Asif and Gul are available to play together that keeps one slot open all the time.. but their selectors keep bringing people like Sami, Arafat or Afridi and keep recyclying the same crap
Well he did block Rao in this test didn't he? Pakistan brought in Rao in place of injured Gul but he didn't get a game. Shoaib played the last game and barely bowled few overs and a similar story in this test match too. Pakistan pretty much played with 3 bowlers this test match thanks to Akthar.

I agree with MP .Great bowler he is .Keep him in the team for another 10 years . Great asset he is . The thing is ,such a price asset he is ,it is pakistanis responsibilty to take care of him by giving him 5 overs per innings or 10 overs in the whole test .By that way he can last the whole series . Moreover batsmen should pee in their pants and offer him wickets ,Shoaib Akhtar he is ......:two_thumbs_up:

fine bowler is Shoaib and in this series he is tried really hard. Iinjuries can happen to any one... Gul and Asif are a lot younger and bowl at a slower pace yet they are as injury prone as Shoaib.
Shoaib since his career played 46 matches missing 48 matches. It talks a lot about this guy's fitness doesn't it ? Are you telling that Pakistan does not have a single decent bowler to replace this injured horse ? Shoaib and PCB selectors have constantly ignored Shoaib's fitness level, making him a captain's nightmare. YK was total helpless in this game as he had no one to pick up wickets. You guys are persisting with Shoaib only for one reason "He has potential of bowling the fastest delivery" the same way as you persist with Afridi "He has potential of scoring the fastest 100". Do these things actually matter ? If PCB somehow still persists with Shoaib, Afridi likes then god save your declining Pakistan team. I really feel sorry for pak fans and I mean it
Shoaib since his career played 46 matches missing 48 matches. It talks a lot about this guy's fitness doesn't it ? Are you telling that Pakistan does not have a single decent bowler to replace this injured horse ? Shoaib and PCB selectors have constantly ignored Shoaib's fitness level, making him a captain's nightmare. YK was total helpless in this game as he had no one to pick up wickets. You guys are persisting with Shoaib only for one reason "He has potential of bowling the fastest delivery" the same way as you persist with Afridi "He has potential of scoring the fastest 100". Do these things actually matter ? If PCB somehow still persists with Shoaib, Afridi likes then god save your declining Pakistan team. I really feel sorry for pak fans and I mean it
others are injury prone too. As i said before M Asif and Gul who bowl at a much slower pace and are a good 7-8 years yonger have missed an equal percentage of games.
I agree with MP .Great bowler he is .Keep him in the team for another 10 years . Great asset he is . The thing is ' date='such a price asset he is ,it i[b']s pakistanis responsibilty to take care of him by giving him 5 overs per innings or 10 overs in the whole test .By that way he can last the whole series . Moreover batsmen should pee in their pants and offer him wickets ,Shoaib Akhtar he is ......:two_thumbs_up:
Once again i go back to Gul and Asif. In the last series against SA Kaneria and A Rehman had to take the new ball because both the quicks(Gul and Asif) weren't fit enough to bowl in the 2nd innings.
others are injury prone too. As i said before M Asif and Gul who bowl at a much slower pace and are a good 7-8 years yonger have missed an equal percentage of games.
Being injury prone & missing a series is one thing, but declaring yourself fit for a test match and then abandoning a sinking ship is an entirely diff thing. This is the 3rd test vs India (2004 Pindi, 2007 Kolkatta, 2007 Bangalore), Akhtar has abandoned the team. His poor health was acceptable as a reason for bailing out of the Kolkatta test match, but whats the excuse in this test ? I tell you what, NO OTHER TEAM, will tolerate this kinda nonsense this long. Have u heard of Jumbo bowling with his jaws plastered ? Akhtar does not have to show that kind of commitment, atleast he should let the team mgmt know, his pre match instincts on whether he can last a test or not.