The AIMIM thread

Gollum

I looked at all the results, this guy just needed a bogey man. AIMIM finished mostly 5th. 3rd was their of their best position. Even if we believe this guy, so they had an impact in close 4/198. Also the BJP did not win any of those seats. Either congress or JD(s) won them (mostly with muslim candidates of their own).
AIMIM did not contest all 198 , isn't it? I remember you told me they contested only muslim heavy wards. Sorry if I am mistaken. Even if they did contest 198, I would be interested only in the muslim heavy wards - in other ones, they are ZERO anyway. It is not about 5th or 3rd G_B_ - were they influential or spoilsport enough to affect results ( admittedly in the constituencies where they can ). On BJP benefiting or others - I already mentioned that INC benefited for factors that I am not aware but common sense tells me it will benefit BJP in Bihar. We have to wait and see. p.s Where did you get info on AIMIM votes by ward? From the official website here, AIMIM looks like it is classified as Others so unless we do manual mapping by AIMIM candidates , pretty difficult to know how many votes AIMIM got. If you have any other official source, kindly share :two_thumbs_up:

AIMIM did not contest all 198 , isn't it? I remember you told me they contested only muslim heavy wards. Sorry if I am mistaken. Even if they did contest 198, I would be interested only in the muslim heavy wards - in other ones, they are ZERO anyway. It is not about 5th or 3rd G_B_ - were they influential or spoilsport enough to affect results ( admittedly in the constituencies where they can ). On BJP benefiting or others - I already mentioned that INC benefited for factors that I am not aware but common sense tells me it will benefit BJP in Bihar. We have to wait and see. p.s Where did you get info on AIMIM votes by ward? From the official website here, AIMIM looks like it is classified as Others so unless we do manual mapping by AIMIM candidates , pretty difficult to know how many votes AIMIM got. If you have any other official source, kindly share :two_thumbs_up:
Even SDPI contested 18. They claim that AIMIM affected them in 3 more. That still does not paint any good picture.
IMIM CANDIDATES LIST FOR BBMP POLLS 2015 WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 12, 2015... AIMIM Bengaluru BBMP Elections The All India Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (AIMIM) will contest the Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike (BBMP) elections from 40 wards out of 198 Wards. The Ward No. Ward Name, Candidate Name, and Contact Number of the Candidates are as follows: Ward No.5 - Jakkur - Syed Saleem -9845128951 Ward No.6 - Thanisandra - Kumari R - 9036071978 Ward No.23 - Nagavara - Gulzar Banu - 9886515272 Ward No.24 - M.B.R Layout - Manjesh .P - 9590661147 Ward No.30 - K.G.Halli - Dr.Mir Javed - 9342137667 Ward No.33 - Manorayana Palya - Syed Mudassir - 9342222225 Ward No.46 - Jayachamarajendra Nagar (JC nagar) - Mohammed Hidayatulla Ward No.48 - Muneshwara Nagar - Samreen Khanum - 8453547039 / 9901680007 Ward No.60 - Sagayapura - Sultan Salahuddin - 9901541515 Ward No.61 - S.K.Garden - Mohammed Ilyas Ahmed - 9845049539 Ward No.62 - Ramswamy Palya - Shireen Kazi - 9845049539 Ward No.63 - Jayamahal - Syed Shakeer Ahmed Ward No.78 - Pulakeshi Nagar -Aslam Ward No.91 - Bharathi Nagar - Tanveer Ahmed - 9740535709 Ward No.115 - Vannarpet - Abdul Shafiq .A Ward No.116 - Neelsandra - Venkataramana - 9901039165 Ward No.118 - Sudhama Nagar - Mahadi Ghiyasuddin - 9986535383 Ward No.128 - Nagarbhaavi - Syed Shahabuddin - 9986535383 Ward No.134 - Bapuji Nagar - Nayaz Ali Baig - 9008432347 Ward No.135 - Padayarana Pura - Azeem Shariff - 9342824987 Ward No.137 - Rayapuram - Nusrath Fatima - 9845468153 Ward No.139 - K.R Market - Asma Sadaf Khanum - 9845036070 Ward No.144 - Siddapura- Shafiulla Shariff - 9986374936 Ward No.146 - Lakkasandra - Younus Parvez - 9686261642 Ward No.153 - Jayanagar - Faheemunnisa - 8050519820 Ward No.169 - Byrasandra - Mohammed Ubed - 984504313 Ward No.170 - Jayanagar East - Mohammed Asad - 8553662997 Ward No.185 - Yalachena Halli - Mohammed Gulrez Thahreen- 9986053650 Ward No.180 - Banashankari Temple - Naseeruddin Khan - 9742491851.
This was more than a week back but basically I goggled the results for each ward. I think they contested 28 officially from 40. But all those 28 are in there. It was on the official Karnataka election commission website. Re Bihar they will again contest in a region in which BJP held no sway even in 2014. All 8-9 lok sabha seats BJP lost are in the seemanchal region. NCP under Taraiq Anwar a sitting MP will cause a lot more damage.

Open letter to Asaduddin Owaisi by some Prominent Gujarati Muslim journalist http://www.siasat.com/news/open-letter-asaduddin-owaisi-prominent-gujarati-muslim-journalist-828288/

Dear Sir, Naqeeb-e-Millat… Asssalam Alaikum, Recently there were some reports in Gujarat based leading newspapers that All India Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (AIMIM) headed by you is likely to contest the local elections in Gujarat scheduled in October this year but it is now almost certain that your party may not be in fray at least this local elections in Modi’s homeland. As a registered political party, your party has right to fight election anywhere in the country. It is widely known that AIMIM has high political ambition and it wants to expand its political clout from Hyderabad to other states of the nation. we saw your party’s performance in Maharashtra and now you are in Bihar and may go to UP, and West Bengal in coming years. But here as a citizen of Gujarat,I want to write something to you as your party is very much keen to spread its wings in Gujarat.Though as a journalist I talked with you some days back on phone. At that time,you clearly told me that at present Gujarat is not under your radar but you are in need of some good people who can launch MIM in PM Modi’s home state. But local media reports speak other story that MIM may contest local elections in Gujarat.Anyway, in this context, as a Gujarati Muslim, I want to ask some Questions to you. Sir, As you know that Gujarat is laboratory of Hindutva, Don’t you think that AIMIM presence in highly polarized State would further vitiate the atmosphere for Minorities particularly Muslims and Dalits? Have you any special plan to uplift minorities of Gujarat who are in sorry state of affairs at all fronts– educationally, economically and socially ? After 2002 riots, neither you or your brother janab Akbaruddin owaisi visited Gujarat to see the pain of riot victims.why? Though you and you brother always raise Gujarat riots issue in public meetings. You spoke loud about 2002 genocide and fake encounter of Mumbai girl Ishrat jahan in parliament—the temple of our great democracy . After 2002 riots in Gujarat, many Muslim youths were falsely framed , charged and sent to jails, why you or your party kept mum and never came to represent these youth in legal battle in courts? Gujarat is a state where saffron outfits like VHP, Bajrang Dal and others are always threats to minorities and now under new government of Mrs. Anandiben Patel, these fanatic elements are getting stronger . One thing is clear that AIMIM is helping BJP knowing or unknowingly as its presence in Gujarat or any state will divide Muslim votes and further polarization of votes on religious grounds. In Gujarat, Congress is in deep trouble and there is no hope for its revival in near future. MIM may get some seats in Gujarat but will not be in a position to rule. For AIMIM, Congress is not untouchable. In past it supported Congeress from outside when UPA government was in Centre. To stop BJP, MIM should enter in electoral understanding with secular parties in all states. It is well known how effectively MIM can split minority votes and helped BJP to get simple majority in Maharashtra. Same script will be written in Bihar, UP, WB and Gujarat if such dynamics of politics and vote share continueAs a Gujarati Muslim , I humbly tell without mincing words that Congress has always used our votes and did nothing to uplift state minorities, Dalits ,Adivasis, and other marginalized section of society but at the same time, I want to bring attention that now more polarization will only help saffron party. Gujarat Muslims have suffered a lot in past, now we want to progress. We do not want to remain under threat of loonies of RSS and its other outfits so it is high time to weaken such elements, so we have to strengthen secular parties’. Perhaps, MIM cannot win a single parliamentary seat in Gujarat on basis of Muslim voters. It has to expand its based to Dalits and other secular Hindus. According to a survey, that out of 520 seats maximum 8 seats can be won by Muslims on their own votes. Before signing off, I once again humbly tell you that at present political situation in the country is delicate. It could turn anti-Muslim, if the BJP feels that it is losing ground, especially in Bihar. In Gujarat 30 years ago (1985), the anti reservation movement involved upper caste attacks on Dalits . But once the RSS realized that Dalits will slip from their hands, they turned that agitation against Muslims. A similar development may emerge with MIM. It may help the BJP in Bihar, by taking away Muslim votres from Nitish Kumar. It may also help the BJP by taking votes away from the Congress in Gujarat civic elections. All the BJP has to do is to create a communal situation in the two states. so please do not help BJP knowing or unknowningly. May Allah SWT save our beloved country from political uncertainty and imbalance , people like you can play very effective role to save secularism and Constitution. Regards, Abdul Hafiz Lakhani. (The writer is Ahmedabad based senior journalist and Editor of Gujarati fortnightly ‘Gujarati Siasat’ )
So some prominent muslims also don't want Owaisi to be aggressive. They want him to align with 'secular' parties. Point is - Owaisi's new avatar is not against BJP in particular. He was always against them as you would expect. His new avatar is that the 'secular' parties too never did anything for muslims ( his claim) . WIll he abandon this new stance? Don't think so. In the near term atleast, MIM contesting independently anywhere will hugely benefit BJP.

Open letter to Asaduddin Owaisi by some Prominent Gujarati Muslim journalist http://www.siasat.com/news/open-letter-asaduddin-owaisi-prominent-gujarati-muslim-journalist-828288/ So some prominent muslims also don't want Owaisi to be aggressive. They want him to align with 'secular' parties. Point is - Owaisi's new avatar is not against BJP in particular. He was always against them as you would expect. His new avatar is that the 'secular' parties too never did anything for muslims ( his claim) . WIll he abandon this new stance? Don't think so. In the near term atleast, MIM contesting independently anywhere will hugely benefit BJP.
I hope MIM do fight separately and divide the muslim votes as that'll help the bjp but let's be honest the primary goal of all sickular parties right now is to stop the bjp and modi even if that means they have to swallow their pride and form a mahayuti type alliance (congress,jdu being the recent such example of shameless parties). Now I don't know if owaisi will join hands of any other party or form alliance pre elections(the guy has a huge ego) because even if he does join a sickular alliance post elections in any state that'll help the bjp only

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Arrest-order-issued-against-AIMIM-leader-Akbaruddin-Owaisi/articleshow/49255377.cms

Akbar is back in trouble again! 

[quote]KISHANGANJ: Controversial All India Majlis-e-Ittehad-ul Muslimeen (AIMIM) legislator Akbaruddin Owaisi faces arrest in connection with a case registered against him for allegedly making an inflammatory speech at an election rally here. 

Following registration of an FIR against Akbaruddin on Monday at Kochadhaman Police Station in Kisanganj district, Kisanganj superintendent of police Rajiv Ranjan issued the arrest order against him. 

Akbaruddin, younger brother of AIMIM chief and Hyderabad MP Asauddin Owaisi, is an MLA of Telangana. [/quote]

http://www.dnaindia.com/india/report-fir-against-akbaruddin-owaisi-for-his-speech-at-kishanganj-2131856

After Owaisi junior's speech in Kishanganj(70% majority Muslims) a couple of Kali temples were vandalized and idols were broken. A lot of hate mongering in his speeches in Bihar, most of which can't even be mentioned in media, it's that bad !!!

Don't know who were behind the attacks on the temples, must be either AIMIM goons or RW elements who want to get political mileage. Whatever it is these things are toxic. Communal harmony must be maintained.

Edited by Gollum