Meanwhile pathan proved why he should go Australia again

Cricketics

yes.. he is a bloody handy bat down the order.. well done.. u r definately going to Australia now.:two_thumbs_up::two_thumbs_up: .
With most of India's first choice bowling lineup being crocked, he probably would have gone anyway. Pathan is a useful player but would you really play him as a frontline seamer ? He can only take wickets when the ball swings. India desperately need Sreesanth and RPS to recover quickly. The current bowling lineup could never take 20 Australian wickets.

As much as I am encouraged by Pathan's century, I wont read too much into, vis-a-vis , his position in the test team. If Sreesanth had been fit, I am sure the first choice bowling attack would have been him, RPS and Zak. But with Sree definitely missing out now, I think the team would be quite tempted to make him the 3rd seamer. The point here is, he should be in the team ONLY if can show he can pick wickets, and not for his batting. SriLanka dropped Malinga and included Maharoof for his batting, which didnt work out. You dont include utility players in test cricket, the player must be VERY good at atleast one aspect of cricket. Having said that, for now, he seems a better choice than Munaf for the third seamer. In all probability, our attack for the first test will be Zak, RPS, Irfan and Anil.