Recent attacks on Tamil Brahmins in Chennai

Gollum

@Gollum U still havent explained this. Hindutva elements bombe television channels for expressing opinion on TV about Mangalsutra So attacking Pudiya Thalaimuari channel was done by BJP based on ur logic ?
But what is you opinion about subject in OP? you are picking only one point so far.

But what is you opinion about subject in OP? you are picking only one point so far.
I absolutely abhor any of that idiots who call themselves than fringe name DVK .Or that any new political outfits who are emerging daily chest thumping Tamil nationalism And no i don't like Veermani regardless of this incident .He is just a political studge nowadays mostly for Karuña .Even the DMK and ADMK are just nowadays hiding behind the dravidan ideology for appeasement politics . But the fact is i don't remember the last time we had an election based on mainly caste or religion issues .And that is mainly becoz of Periyar and Kamaraj .

According to a British survey in 1912, though Brahmins represented only 3.2 percent of the male population of Tamil Nadu, they held 83.3 percent of the sub-judgeships (immediately under British personnel), 55 percent of the deputy collectorships and 72.6 percent of the district administrative posts.
There could be two reason in this 1) discrimination 2) the culture of education was only with the Brahmins, . Only Brahmins considered education valuable. .In India we have a culture where a soldier think his son will be soldier , farmer son farmer etc. Even still you can find dominance of some communnitties in their fields. for example i have some few iron grill work for my house and whoever i went for quote was muslim.

Yeah we hate Brahmins so much that we also selected Jayalalitha 3 times . And MGR another Brahmin voted three consecutive times .Jeez how much we hate brahmins
I am not saying that everybody hates Brahmins in TN, but there is a significant audience for such sentiments. Karunanidhi is not just a Brahmin hater, but has also denigrated Hindu Gods in the past. The irony is that these people claim to be atheists and then go on to wish Muslims and Christians on their important religious festivals and then make fun of Hindu Gods.

I am not saying that everybody hates Brahmins in TN' date=' but there is a significant audience for such sentiments. Karunanidhi is not just a Brahmin hater, but has also denigrated Hindu Gods in the past. The irony is that these people claim to be atheists and then go on to wish Muslims and Christians on their important religious festivals and then make fun of Hindu Gods.[/quote'] +1

I am not saying that everybody hates Brahmins in TN' date=' but there is a significant audience for such sentiments. Karunanidhi is not just a Brahmin hater, but has also denigrated Hindu Gods in the past. The irony is that these people claim to be atheists and then go on to wish Muslims and Christians on their important religious festivals and then make fun of Hindu Gods.[/quote'] karuna pretends that he is an atheist .. all his 3 wives goto temples.. when some serious issue against him is getting bad press , he will divert the topic by raising some anti-hindu god questions karuna is one of the bigger trolls in TN politics :--D

@Gollum U still havent explained this. Hindutva elements bombe television channels for expressing opinion on TV about Mangalsutra So attacking Pudiya Thalaimuari channel was done by BJP based on ur logic ?
First of all thank you for your insightful posts. My experiences regarding this matter come mostly from TamBrahms who were my college buddies and a bit of reading/Quora etc. You have added your points as a TN resident and seeing this issue from the other side of the prism, I respect your views. Hindutva fringe elements may have bombed the offices of the TV channels, may or may not have backing of BJP, I can't conclude without seeing police reports and proper investigation, the truth may never come out. Whoever did that I condemn those fools who resort to violence to prove their point. But at the same time the matter of 'Mangalsutra removal' does hurt religious sentiments and should never have been discussed the first place. Beef banquet I don't care but 'Mangalsutra removal' looks a tad below the belt. Why are Hindus such easy targets for these idiots, why don't they ever try and educate Muslims about their rituals? I have a full rant on this topic but let us discuss the issue at hand. From an outsider's perspective it seems that Tamil Brahmins did dominate in most fields(come on they are the most intelligent/high achieving group of people in the country, think of Ramanujam, C V Raman, Chandrasekhar, Venkatraman, Varadhan, Vishy Anand and gazillion others) during pre DK days and the Dravidian Movement/Periyar has overturned the power balance. Everything evens out in the end and may be non Brahmins are having their day under the sun now. But do you think it is fair that TamBrahms deserve to suffer for what their ancestors must have done(BTW did their ancestors ever commit acts of violence against lower castes?) There is so much reservation in TN, Iyers/Iyengars or whatever they are called have been systematically filtered out of Government jobs, forced to seek greener pastures outside their state etc. they tell me that there is no future for them in TN unless they are well connected or filthy rich. They tell me they are portrayed negatively in literature, media, films etc and that they have always been the subject of ridicule by non Brahmins in their school days. I know for a fact that Periyar compared Brahmins to snakes and wanted his followers to kill them if they had to choose between a snake or Brahmin, and that violence against them those days was considerable but to see such a mentality now is worrying. Do Tamils consider Brahmins as fellow Tamils or outsiders? Does a huge chunk of TN still hate them? Do they mingle well with the Brahmins? Does DMK not hate Brahmins? Do Tamil non Brahmins support successful Brahmins like Anand, Vijay, Ashwin, etc or do they perceive them as outsiders? Do these incidents(like attacking old priests/young children) worry them because apart from BJP I haven't seen any party condemning them? And Jayalalitha is a Brahmin but she has no bias for Brahmins,she is ambitious, self centered and goes where the wind blows for political clout. By actions she is as much non Brahmin as the non Brahmin folk in her state and this probably endears her in front of the eyes of the masses. Her arrest of the Sankaracharya guy proves this much. It would be great if you could respond to these questions and enlighten me, then I can troll my disgruntled Iyer buddies. :D