Karthik's keeping

Mr. Wicket

Nope' date=' you are emerging as a contrarian. A man who goes against the majority opinion to stimulate debate, a bit like Taps on the old board.[/quote'] Is that the impression you are getting Doc ? I am surprised, coz I do agree with the assessments of fellow posters too, just have a casual glance at other threads. I just try to be consistent with my stance, rather than flip-flopping around, be it Karthik the issue, or the umpiring issue.
Is that the impression you are getting Doc ? I am surprised, coz I do agree with the assessments of fellow posters too, just have a casual glance at other threads. I just try to be consistent with my stance, rather than flip-flopping around, be it Karthik the issue, or the umpiring issue.
In that case, my sincere apologies. I have obviously not been following enough posts recently. Contrarians are not necessarily bad, BTW. CC was one, a very skillful one. See how quiet the GD forum has gone without him?
In that case, my sincere apologies. I have obviously not been following enough posts recently. Contrarians are not necessarily bad, BTW. CC was one, a very skillful one. See how quiet the GD forum has gone without him?
I was going to say that too. If I am stimulating informed debate through my position ,whether they be right or wrong, it cannot be such a bad thing after all. As i said, I am against the majority opinion on the board wrt Karthik, Ishant Sharma and Role of tech in umpiring and my stance has not really changed over time.

On a difficult tour of England..where others failed to buy runs...KKD was the top scorer... Yuseless..failed in the practice match he played? although Yuvi has shown that he is in form...but he still needs to pass few more tests.,,and one which is coming soon is the practice match in australia... if any one...Parthiv patel should come ahead of Yuseless.... KKD i must say did not do justice with his skills and temperament... he had the backing of his captain for 3 matches... and he had enough time.... Luck plays a big part in career... its all about being at right time at right place.... KKD was the best keeper we had....till he became opener... he is just out of touch... and even if he was not as good a keeper he was earlier....still on his batting performance for the last 3 away series...he needs a but longer rope... we have parthiv patel as a backup keeper...

Guest HariSampath
On a difficult tour of England..where others failed to buy runs...KKD was the top scorer... Yuseless..failed in the practice match he played? although Yuvi has shown that he is in form...but he still needs to pass few more tests.,,and one which is coming soon is the practice match in australia... if any one...Parthiv patel should come ahead of Yuseless.... KKD i must say did not do justice with his skills and temperament... he had the backing of his captain for 3 matches... and he had enough time.... Luck plays a big part in career... its all about being at right time at right place.... KKD was the best keeper we had....till he became opener... he is just out of touch... and even if he was not as good a keeper he was earlier....still on his batting performance for the last 3 away series...he needs a but longer rope... we have parthiv patel as a backup keeper...
whatever you are smoking send me some little bit..so that I can also fantasize like you....I will be saying India has won last 3 WCs, Karthik is our Gavaskar ...out of form...and Rod Marsh behind the stumps, etc.....and I am the czar of Russia..:hysterical:
Guest HariSampath
I was quite sure People will accuse me of playing favorite here. And it has happened, and i can understand that. I have faith in Karthik's abilities, I will back him to the hilt. In that process, if i am accused of being biased, so be it. Fact of the matter is, its very easy to pass judgements around when a player is down, but takes a lot of courage to stick with your stance through some torrid times. And just in case people missed it, I have said that Karthik will have my unconditional support till the end of this series, after which i shall modify my stance, vis-a-vis his batting. Now that i have seen him bat for 3 tests, and seeing the type of form other batsman are in, I feel that he doesnt deserve a place in the test team anymore. But his keeping is alright, this is a tough pitch and we have 2 spinners.
so you are saying KKD doesn't deserve a place in the squad as a batter but he does as a keeper...after today's work....Sriram...wake up and smell the coffee :pray:
Guest HariSampath
Agree with MM. Kartik's keeping is fine. He had an off-day. He should be picked for Australia as the reserve wkt-keeper/reserve opener. Dravid has to open to get Yuvraj in MO.
Reserve keeper who cant hold a cricket ball ???? and reserve opening batter who is a miserable failure aginst this Pak attack on home grounds ?? Coffee...wake up....smell the coffee or change ur ID
Guest HariSampath
^parthiv for Yuvraj?? what a joke.. rofl.. specially after seeing the form Yuvi is in after hitting that fantastic century when team was 60-4 meanwhile. we are not talkin about karthikz batting here.. its a thread for Karthikz poor wicket keeping..
Tics....get straightened out...you are comparing Yuvi's batting with Karthik's keeping ?? just take a rest.Parthiv is a presumed replacement as the SECOND keeper... NOT as Yuvi's replacement. If you have anything to write about KKD's keeping , do it.....or stick to KKD's KEEPING on this thread
Reserve keeper who cant hold a cricket ball ???? and reserve opening batter who is a miserable failure aginst this Pak attack on home grounds ?? Coffee...wake up....smell the coffee or change ur ID
Where were you in the summer, when he was India's best bat in Eng, which India won after 21 years? He failed in 3 tests. He needs a longer rope. As I said, he may not be in the playing X1, but definitely deserves to go to Aus for his Eng antics.
Guest HariSampath
KKD has sealed his spot in from of the TV to watch the Aus series like the rest of us.
NO... KKD will be busy mostly playing Ranji trophy and cant watch all tests like we do...unless he is dropped from TN Ranji team as well...which I don't want to happen
Guest HariSampath
On the contrary, I think he kept quite well. He looked quite assured. And its just nonsense to compare Akmal's first innings performance and Karthik's. Karthik has had to contend with two spinners, with one of them being Anil Kumble, arguably the toughest bowler to keep to. If somebody wants to criticize karthik's keeping yesterday, it is totally unjustified.
If after 3 days of a test match he still cannot understand enough about the low bounce and keeps his legs spread....wel, he'll get f**ckd
Guest HariSampath
Where were you in the summer' date=' when he was India's best bat in Eng, which India won after 21 years? He failed in 3 tests. He needs a longer rope. As I said, he may not be in the playing X1, but definitely deserves to go to Aus for his Eng antics.[/quote'] so where were you duirng this series during KKD's antics before and behind the stumps.....and IF his so called 3 test England antics deserve an eternal test spot....where were u all these last 6 years when one Virender Sehwag was averaging 50 in tests ?? and just "failed" averaging 35 in his last 13 test inngs ( higher than KKD's best career avg)
Tics....get straightened out...you are comparing Yuvi's batting with Karthik's keeping ?? just take a rest.Parthiv is a presumed replacement as the SECOND keeper... NOT as Yuvi's replacement. If you have anything to write about KKD's keeping ' date=' do it.....or stick to KKD's KEEPING on this thread[/quote'] i never said i am comparing yuvi's batting with karthikz keeping.. and also why take parthiv as a reserve wicket keeper???just because we are going on a tour that means we need to carry a reserve wicket keeper??? whenever a player is injured badly then he is always replaced by someone sitting in India and is called in middle of the tour.. so if such problem does occur, then we can do the same.. and now as u want karthik to go to australia.. then again there is no use of wicket keeper now in the form of parthiv patel.. karthik is another keeper.. though i would like to see karthik being replaced by some decent bat..
Guest HariSampath

Tics...what u mean is we DONT need any 2nd keeper...now thats another issue, I am saying IF we need one, it CANNOT be KKD in any circumstances becos he can't keep wkts ( additionally he cant bat, cant field etc)..