4. Tendulkar
  5. VVS
  6. Ganguly
  7. Dhoni
  8. Irfan Pathan
  9. Kumble
  10. Zaheer Khan
  11. Rp Singh / SreeSanth

Yuvraj has to open , there is no other way they can get him in the side .. I know he has failed at it before but then there is no other spot for him. Moreover, there is no other Solid contender for the 2nd opening slot !

1. Jaffer
  2. Yuvraj :pray:
  3. Dravid
  4. Tendulkar
  5. VVS
  6. Ganguly
  7. Dhoni
  8. Irfan Pathan
  9. Kumble
  10. Zaheer Khan
  11. Rp Singh / SreeSanth

Yuvraj has to open , there is no other way they can get him in the side .. I know he has failed at it before but then there is no other spot for him. Moreover, there is no other Solid contender for the 2nd opening slot !

Yuvraj opening is not a completely bad idea. I know he tried before and didn't succeed, however he has improved a lot as a batsman since then, and is a pretty good player of pace bowling. Moreover, he will punish anything loose by the Aussies. However, I worry about his technique and temperament.

Wasim Jaffer Irfan Pathan Rahul Dravid Sachin Tendulkar VVS Laxman Sourav Ganguly Yuvraj Singh MS Dhoni Anil Kumble Zaheer Khan Ishant Sharma RP Singh My theory with Pathan opening is this. Either he scores either he doesnt, but since Yuvraj is in the team or will be soon, the batting goes deep so it doesnt matter. Obviously its important to have a good start but when we have class players like Dravid, Tendulkar, Laxman who have a fabolous record in Australia its worth it. Im sure none of the big 4 will like to open the innings and we all know Pathan is a team man and will adjust himself to whatever the team needs.

Wasim Jaffer Irfan Pathan Rahul Dravid Sachin Tendulkar VVS Laxman Sourav Ganguly Yuvraj Singh MS Dhoni Anil Kumble Zaheer Khan Ishant Sharma RP Singh My theory with Pathan opening is this. Either he scores either he doesnt, but since Yuvraj is in the team or will be soon, the batting goes deep so it doesnt matter. Obviously its important to have a good start but when we have class players like Dravid, Tendulkar, Laxman who have a fabolous record in Australia its worth it. Im sure none of the big 4 will like to open the innings and we all know Pathan is a team man and will adjust himself to whatever the team needs.
I think Dravid is the ultimate team man, and if it is in the team's best interest for him to open, he will.
Guest HariSampath

My first XI based on the probable 16 is as follows ( Oh I wish choices in brackets) 1. Jaffer 2.Laxman ( wish this were Sehwag and we select best 4 of the 5 mob) 3.Dravid 4.Tendulkar 5.Ganguly 6.Yuvraj 7. Dhoni 8.Kumble 9. Zaheer 10.RP Singh or Agarkar or Ishant 11. Pathan or Agarkar or Ishant best way to go will be 4 best batsmen of the day from the 5 , Dravid, Sachin Ganguly, Laxman and Yuvraj and 2 of the best seam options out of the 4 of RP, Ishant, Agarkar and Pathan

No no noooooooooooooooo... YS no opening please.. Poor fella just got lucky to break in. Now that the challenge is to accomodate him. I would play this line up. Jaffy VVS SRT Dra SG YS Path Dhoni All I am trying to do is a Comho of one good player of a pace bowling and the other good player of spin bowling . With SG in extreamly good form I would love to promote him little up. VVS has done the opening before. He is surviving on a life line anyway. So its him who opens. Its not punishment but more like an opportunity. If anyone can do the job of playing first 30 overs is Jaffy/VVS and RD. The remaing 50+ overs when the ball is little old can very well be handled by SRT, SG, YS, Dh and Pathan. Who all can score 4+ RPO. My first target is make sure to score 300+ in both the innings....so At least we will have strong chance of saving the game.