Poll: 1-0 or 1-1 (going for 2-0)

Current lead of 220.. score about another 150 in first session. we have been regularly scoring about 110 runs in a session.. so why not try to make 150 in tomorrows first session and then declare around with the lead of 370.. 2 sessions left.. pak ka baap bhi nahi bana sakta 370 in 2 sessions.. Ishant takes a 5 fer and India wins an historic test match..
Ishant is a good find
whats the point in batting out??? when u know the opposition can't score 350+ in 2 sessions.. this is like giving away another test match
Bangalore is less of a minefield than Kolkatta, where atleast you could knock over batsmen, who arent set. At Kolkatta it took us 80 overs to get 4 wickets. We have an even weaker attack now. I wouldnt give even an outside chance for Pak to come back into the test, even if it means 60 overs @ 5.5 rpo. U never know what can happen if two batsmen are set & just require 160 off 20 with 8 wickets in hand. I couldnt care less if we win this test or not. The series is in the bag. No point flogging a dead horse. Time to look fwd to the next series.

I have been thinking about our declaration all afternoon and only one thing keeps coming in my mind. "We must allow Dravid to get some valuable runs. In the context of his importance to the team's chances wrt the Aus series, that will be a massive boost for us"

Bangalore is less of a minefield than Kolkatta, where atleast you could knock over batsmen, who arent set. At Kolkatta it took us 80 overs to get 4 wickets. We have an even weaker attack now. I wouldnt give even an outside chance for Pak to come back into the test, even if it means 60 overs @ 5.5 rpo. U never know what can happen if two batsmen are set & just require 160 off 20 with 8 wickets in hand. I couldnt care less if we win this test or not. The series is in the bag. No point flogging a dead horse. Time to look fwd to the next series.
Why even give a sniff of Victory. I say bat out the whole day :D A series victory is good enough for me at the moment:two_thumbs_up:
1. Dont declare 2. Dont go out of the way to score quick runs Play easy and normal cricket, score in a relaxed manner, and just keep batting. This series is ours. We dont want to give Pak any hopes at all. Lets not do any tamasha, lose quick wickets trying to score or declare prematurely and cause any problems.

Tommorow, when Kumble goes for a draw, I hope the media/journos/ex-cricketers (whiny bunch, these days)/DBV don't go about putting him down for not going for 2-0, just like they did against Dravid. Dravid ensured the series win before forcing another test victory. He had to face a lot of brick-bats for that decision.

Tommorow' date=' when Kumble goes for a draw, I hope the media/journos/ex-cricketers (whiny bunch, these days)/DBV don't go about putting him down for not going for 2-0, just like they did against Dravid. Dravid ensured the series win before forcing another test victory. He had to face a lot of brick-bats for that decision.[/quote'] One of the reasons for Dravid resigning was exactly this criticism by Vengsarkar along with his continuous interference in the playing XI selection.
Coffee, you are hoping against hope that we will be able to dismiss Pak in 60 overs. Its not gonna happen in our wildest dreams. Niether is the pitch so bad, nor is our bowling currently good enough.
I am sure the teams would have read the forecast. If it says 'overcast' there will be gleam on Indian faces and gloom on Pakistanis. Then it's all a mental game. I know I am setting myself for a classic test finish. But sochne mein kya harz hain?
:DI feel bad for the guy. He came in with great ambition but the team has really let him down.
Team or team selection - - Malik as captain - No Afridi for tests - Injuries to main bowlers - Asif, Gul. Pakistan just lost Kotla in one session to Kumble. Otherwise they have always played catch up very well on placid tracks. India should have trusted their batters more and should have prepared sporting tracks. But then the flipside would be Sami will become Marshall on such tracks.
Why give them a sniff shwetabh...
If we don't give them a sniff then we can't win. If our mindset is only to draw matches rather than win, then we will draw (or even lose ... but not in this case) more than we win. Give them a sniff, dangle the carrott and then when they need six an over, we rout through them and hopefully take the series 2-0.