Poll: 1-0 or 1-1 (going for 2-0)

Poll: 1-0 or 1-1 (going for 2-0). Do you want India to set a target and field for 2 sessions or play away for glory. We will get excellent batting practice for our batsmen in preparation for the Aus series, better than any net session. India to bat out D5 with slow and dour 100s by Dravid, Ganguly and Yuvraj. How about it?

India these daya are grinding out Test Series Wins..... ( West Indies, England and Pakistan)... Most probably they will play till Tea and once it is perfectly safe they will declare and have a go at Pakistan Its like a long football match with strong defense after scoring a Goal in the first Half :smile: Jai Bhajrang Balli

If a team can smash 320 runs in 60 odd overs on the last day of a test (where all stops can be pulled out with ultra-defensive fields and lines to restrict runs), they probably deserve the win. Let's see how the pitch behaves tomorrow morning. There was some alarmingly awkward bounce, and only a batsman of Ganguly's class and form right now could have scored the way he did in the final session. I'd be quite happy if the bat was thrown a bit and we set a target of even 320-ish in 70.

India' date=' a B team? Unless there is only one A team in the world, there is no way India can be classified as a B team.[/quote'] Our bowling attack has been pretty ordinary with our front line bowlers Sree and RP being injured and Munaf not being 100 % . So , I guess from a bowling perspective, certainly a second strung attack . Same with Pakistan minus Gul and Asif.

I dunno, i would rather watch Ganguly , Dravid or Laxman make a century rather than watching Butt, Younis or Misbah make 80-odds. If India intends to declare, you can bet your bottom dollar they will keep an impossible target, especially since its a decider. I predict a similar target to Kolkata, around 340, in 60 overs.

Pak batsmen are in good form. Our bowling lineup is weak. Only Ishant & possibly Kumble can take wickets. Bhajji & Pathan are passengers. Even if we want to win, our bowlers need atleast 5 sessions to pick wickets. With virtually no chance of a win, no point declaring. I'd say bat all day & grind them to dust.It would be even more demoralising & painful to field on a "long" last day when you know that the series is lost. India must bat as long as they can

An alternate plan would be to bat for 2 sessions, hope Dravid scores a century and give pakistan 30 overs to negotiate and try for some early inroads, like reducing them to 70-3 or something. The more i think about it, the more i am convinced India wont declare and set a target for Pakistan.

Current lead of 220.. score about another 150 in first session. we have been regularly scoring about 110 runs in a session.. so why not try to make 150 in tomorrows first session and then declare around with the lead of 370.. 2 sessions left.. pak ka baap bhi nahi bana sakta 370 in 2 sessions.. Ishant takes a 5 fer and India wins an historic test match..

Current lead of 220.. score about another 150 in first session. we have been regularly scoring about 110 runs in a session.. so why not try to make 150 in tomorrows first session and then declare around with the lead of 370.. 2 sessions left.. pak ka baap bhi nahi bana sakta 370 in 2 sessions.. Ishant takes a 5 fer and India wins an historic test match..
Wake up! and smell the Coffee!:giggle:
Whats the point of declaring ?
I guess it will give the only chance for India to win this test. But India would do it, if the scores were 1-1 or 0-1 for India. WIth the series win in the kitty, no captain would risk a sporting declarartion. The only objective is to see how Ishant and Pathan fare in this test which will help Australian picks. So, Kumble might set an impossible target, like 370 odd in 60 overs.