Dravid may open against Aussies

DesiChap

calm down. no such thing would have happened. remember who was at the other end?
Even if Ganguly had scored a century, the maximum we would have scored is 270-odd.
MM, Maybe MSD can open or IKP can open? :pray: Not ideal! really will be terrible if RD is opening, and then gets out cheaply. Aussie bowlers' tail will be up BIG TIME if they get RD out too early. Aus knows the key to Indian batting is Dravid in Aus conditions.
Pathan does not have the technique for the short rising ball outside off-stump. You would have known what i am talking about had Shoaib bowled to him. Ofcourse, making Dhoni open is also an option, but having an attacking no.7 at tests is amazingly vital. Me thinks its gotto be one of Laxman/Dravid/Yuvraj. Who knows, maybe Yuvraj himself takes it upon himself and says " I'll do it". If Jayasuriya can open, why not Yuvraj ?
what exactly is the basis of such a prediction? did rudi koertzen whisper something in your ears?
IF Yuvraj had gotten out either then ( 61/4) or few runs later, ( 100/4), India would have been in terrible trouble. Now, if you care, go back and check some cricketing archives and see for youself, how much most teams have made, after being 70/5 or 120/5 in their first innings.
IF Yuvraj had gotten out either then ( 61/4) or few runs later, ( 100/4), India would have been in terrible trouble. Now, if you care, go back and check some cricketing archives and see for youself, how much most teams have made, after being 70/5 or 120/5 in their first innings.
past is no guarantee of future results, just an indicator. with the form that destiny's child is in now, he would alone have scored 300 and saved india... now counter this statement.
past is no guarantee of future results' date=' just an indicator. with the form that destiny's child is in now, [b']he would alone have scored 300 and saved india... now counter this statement.
hmmm... Accept my sincere apologies for engaging you in an argument. I do humbly accept, my cricketing acumen is nowhere near where it should be, for me to even contemplate countering you. And yes, you are right. Even if Yuvraj had gotten out early, Ganguly would have scored a triple century and saved all our collective souls. I bow my head in reverence, simply awestruck by your stunning knowledge, foresight and intelligence.
hmmm... Accept my sincere apologies for engaging you in an argument. I do humbly accept, my cricketing acumen is nowhere near where it should be, for me to even contemplate countering you. And yes, you are right. Even if Yuvraj had gotten out early, Ganguly would have scored a triple century and saved all our collective souls. I bow my head in reverence, simply awestruck by your stunning knowledge, foresight and intelligence.
no need... you simply stick to dravid vandana... soon he will be history in so far as the team is concerned...

Yes of course..dravid can be opener..and the reserve keeper too. Why not the team porter too...is that place vacant?He is a team man so he must do it. Why don't the "in form" superstar openers of odi who also have enough experience behind them for once put up their hand and opt to open....? Is is too much to expect? Throw in an out of form dravid into a position he is not comfortable with....let him fail and be thrown out.Suits everyone starting from the chief selector . If they ask him to "accomodate " now when he least needs it...he should ask the selectors to stuff it up their backsides and retire from international cricket .

Well said beetle. As always you say it beautifully :thumbs_up: Let the ODI openers who "clamor for that spot and only that spot" - let them open. RD has the right to show the finger to these guys if they "force" him to open. If he refuses, will they leave him out of the 11? Well, I dont think they will dare omit RD from the 11 just coz he refuses to open. The guy is our BEST BAT for a long, long time in Test matches. He has been out of form recently, trying to work his way back (which is only good for India), and yeah right he needs to do everything they ask him to do. *bah* Once he is back in form, I think its ok to ask RD to open, he might do it himself then.

In form or not...why should he only be the team man...? Let others show some team spirit too. If he is not good enough for no 3 spot ...leave him out....Don't mess with him. What kind of nonsense is this? Just because he is walking in early and his form is bad, let him come in and sacrifice himself in the opening slot. Why do you want him to be the sacrificial goat?If he is in bad form...drop him and get yourself a world class no 3 ..

RD is the one of the quintessential examples of a Team Player. Thats why they choose to dump more and more nonsense on him. Its to his credit that he is a FANTASTIC team player and there is no one who will question his greatness as among the best of the best in Test batting. Aus knows if they get RD it is a big % work accomplished.

In form or not...why should he only be the team man...? .
Because that is who he is. IMO, he does his best when the team shows a special need for him; when he can carry them on his shoulders. Everybody has a role - his is to be the fulcrum of the team. And much as we may feel that it is an unfair burden, I venture to say that he himself enjoys being "needed." If he IS asked to open, he will score 400+ runs in the series - I am willing to bet ICF $ 2000 on that. What say :)?
R Dravid (comming in before 20/1)     5165 76 7 52.83 7 19 4

yen saar neevu hage heltira ... :(( more than half of his career runs are scored in such situations.

RD comming in when score < 10 46 inngs 2688 Runs 41.42 Avg 2 100s 12 50s This I agree with ... its just a mental frame of mind and if there is anyone that can adapt its RD.
Was the 76 in the first set of stats, the number of innings with 7 not outs?? And in the second set 46 inning? How are the averages just 52 odd and 41 odd? They are much more, or am I missing something?