The French Open 2015

Cricketics

He has a great chance of Winning the Wimbledon this year
I don't think so. He is someone who needs time to set it up and also he is not a great mover on grass although he did play better than before last year. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This one hurts. It hurts really bad. Normally I'm able to get over losses even last year's final. But I'm not sure how long it'll be before I get over this. It'll be a fair few nights of uncomfortable sleep.

The French Open 2015 This is a crushing defeat for Novak. Unlike the last few years he was the heavy favorite today and to go home with another plate after beating Nadal, albeit a below par one, would be a bitter pill to swallow. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think so. He is someone who needs time to set it up and also he is not a great mover on grass although he did play better than before last year. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Never in my life I thought stan would win the FO by beating fed and novak or win the AO by beating rafa and novak,it happened!! I won't underestimate this guy at all and he just has to beat fed or be in the other half of the draw in Wimbledon to avoid fed.rest I am sure he'll beat the others. I do agree though,you need to be super fit to win back to back FO and Wimbledon

Man, this one is hurting badly. Sometimes sport can be so cruel. I'm going to need to get some fresh air. I remember 2013 SF loss to Rafa hurt, because he was so close and ahead in set 5. But I think this was Novak's last go to win. He doesn't have the style of tennis to win RG hitting 29/30 or more. I think Novak is done at RG, he joins the McEnroe and Becker club of never winning this slam. How much of a blow this is to Novak is anyone's guess. His SF loss to Rafa in 2013 mentally broke him for more than a year. Man this hurts, why is sport so cruel.

Never in my life I thought stan would win the FO by beating fed and novak or win the AO by beating rafa and novak,it happened!! I won't underestimate this guy at all and he just has to beat fed or be in the other half of the draw in Wimbledon to avoid fed.rest I am sure he'll beat the others. I do agree though,you need to be super fit to win back to back FO and Wimbledon
Stan on record has said that clay is his best surface. Grass is easily his worst. Just check his past Wimbledon results. He has only played one QF there and that was last year. Before that he used to go home quite early, has quite a few R1 losses even. On the other hand he was the junior French Open champion in many years ago. It is not just about fitness. Federer and Nadal have played many back to back FO/Wimbledon finals. Stan just has not been good enough on grass. I would be very surprised if he does something great there.

Seems like I missed a good match :-(. Some friends came over who were not as interested in Tennis. I wanted Djoko to win this one but was always aware if Stan brings up his top game, nobody is going to beat him. I had written couple of pages ago that if Stan plays at his top level, Djokovic would be in trouble and exactly that happened. I very well remember last years Aus open final where he literally made Rafa look ordinarily. He plays very fearless Tennis and goes for his shots all the time which he has in abundance. His one handed back-hand undoubtedly best in the business and posses one of the most explosive forehand. It remains a mystery where was he during almost all of his 20's.

Stan on record has said that clay is his best surface. Grass is easily his worst. Just check his past Wimbledon results. He has only played one QF there and that was last year. Before that he used to go home quite early' date=' has quite a few R1 losses even. On the other hand he was the junior French Open champion in many years ago. It is not just about fitness. Federer and Nadal have played many back to back FO/Wimbledon finals. Stan just has not been good enough on grass. I would be very surprised if he does something great there.[/quote'] I agree with this. Clay courts (and other courts on slower side) afford Stan enough time to play his powerful shots. On Grass ball will reach to him rather quickly for his liking.

Man, this one is hurting badly. Sometimes sport can be so cruel. I'm going to need to get some fresh air. I remember 2013 SF loss to Rafa hurt, because he was so close and ahead in set 5. But I think this was Novak's last go to win. He doesn't have the style of tennis to win RG hitting 29/30 or more. I think Novak is done at RG, he joins the McEnroe and Becker club of never winning this slam. How much of a blow this is to Novak is anyone's guess. His SF loss to Rafa in 2013 mentally broke him for more than a year. Man this hurts, why is sport so cruel.
Novak has few years left in him. He'll come back next year and would be a strong contender once again.

Stan on record has said that clay is his best surface. Grass is easily his worst. Just check his past Wimbledon results. He has only played one QF there and that was last year. Before that he used to go home quite early' date=' has quite a few R1 losses even. On the other hand he was the junior French Open champion in many years ago. It is not just about fitness. Federer and Nadal have played many back to back FO/Wimbledon finals. Stan just has not been good enough on grass. I would be very surprised if he does something great there.[/quote'] When was stan good on clay? He might like to play on it but he always struggled because of the single hand backhand.on grass he'll come good this year,even novak is average on grass yet won 2 Wimbledon lol.the field is not that strong right now and stan can easily win the Wimbledon with some luck

Yeah' date='add to that the weak field with fed and rafa on their final legs[/quote'] Federer at his pomp would have struggle with Wawrinka today and even Nadal at his very best would have been pushed. The thing is, Wawrinka has been poor to average most of the year with a couple of very good performances. He played his highest level of tennis today and Novak was unlucky to be on the end of it. I will also say that I don't think we'll see a performance like that from Stan again, it was all out attack and paid off. It reminds me of Lukas Rosol vs Nadal. Nadal played really well that day but that performance from Rosol would have beaten Murray and Djokovic, possibly Fed as well. I'm disappointed for Novak because he has come closest in recent years to winning, I don't think it's up for debate that in the last decade Novak has been the 2nd best player on clay and at RG. Even though Fed won, it was courtesy of Sooderling knocking out Rafa. Many of my friends and family are trying to console me by saying Novak has time he will win it one day. But I'm realistic. Novak is 28, he doesn't have an easy game like Fed. Sure it's less physical than Nadal's but it's still physical. He will soon go down the route of Nadal. Federer is the rare exception. The other big guys will decline much quicker. All this year I wanted 1 thing for Novak, everything else was a bonus. It seems he's got a lot of the bonus titles but not the 1 that mattered most.

Federer at his pomp would have struggle with Wawrinka today and even Nadal at his very best would have been pushed. The thing is, Wawrinka has been poor to average most of the year with a couple of very good performances. He played his highest level of tennis today and Novak was unlucky to be on the end of it. I will also say that I don't think we'll see a performance like that from Stan again, it was all out attack and paid off. It reminds me of Lukas Rosol vs Nadal. Nadal played really well that day but that performance from Rosol would have beaten Murray and Djokovic, possibly Fed as well. I'm disappointed for Novak because he has come closest in recent years to winning, I don't think it's up for debate that in the last decade Novak has been the 2nd best player on clay and at RG. Even though Fed won, it was courtesy of Sooderling knocking out Rafa. Many of my friends and family are trying to console me by saying Novak has time he will win it one day. But I'm realistic. Novak is 28, he doesn't have an easy game like Fed. Sure it's less physical than Nadal's but it's still physical. He will soon go down the route of Nadal. Federer is the rare exception. The other big guys will decline much quicker. All this year I wanted 1 thing for Novak, everything else was a bonus. It seems he's got a lot of the bonus titles but not the 1 that mattered most.
I don't agree with the claim that Novak is the best clay player after Nadal for the last decade. For the last 3-4 years, yes but Federer is he 2nd best clay player from 2005 to 2012. For those 8 years, Federer has 1 title, 4 finals, 2 semis and 1 quarters. That is quite incredible and except for Nadal, Bjorg, Federer and Lendl i don't think anyone else has made 4 or more consecutive appearances at the French Open finals. Novak has a better game for clay, mostly because of his excellent backhand and peerless returning but Federer at his peak had incredible mobility and it was quite right that only the greatest clay court player ever seen stood in his way for multiple French Open slams.

Consolation for Novak is he was beating by a guy playing the match of his life. I really wanted to Novak to win but Stans shot making was fantastic, deserved winner. I just hope he builds on it and dosent go into meltdown like he did after his AO win

Stan hit 59 winners in 4 sets against a guy like Djokovic who gets his racket on pretty much anything in general. That just shows how unreal his level was yesterday. I would rank this performance as one of the very best I have seen in a slam final.

IN between somebody should advise Stan to not wear these shorts again ever. They look hideous.
As expected, there is lot of discussion around that piece of cloth which Wawrinka wore as shorts in this French Open...lol.. http://www.sportingnews.com/sport/story/2015-06-07/french-open-2015-wawrinka-djokovic-shorts-boxers-rolland-garros-mens-final
Stan Wawrinka's shorts, yes his shorts, dazzled in French Open final
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/tennis/french-open-2015/top-stories/Great-shots-crazy-shorts-Stan-Wawrinkas-Roland-Garros-legacy/articleshow/47580607.cms
Great shots, crazy shorts - Stan Wawrinka's Roland Garros legacy
Jon Wertheim ✔@jon_wertheim Is there greater aesthetic variance than the Wawrinka backhand versus the Wawrinka shorts? ...(First set to Djokovic) 7:26 PM - 7 Jun 2015
:haha::haha:
Ndumiso Ngcobo @NdumisoNgcobo I'd much rather watch Rafa un-wedgy himself for 5 hrs than look at Wawrinka's dishcloth-inspired shorts. 9:24 PM - 7 Jun 2015
OLIVER STACKS @edsbs Wawrinka is the best kind of athlete in that he always looks like he rolled out of bed and put on whatever clothes were in his car 9:28 PM - 7 Jun 2015

Stan hit 59 winners in 4 sets against a guy like Djokovic who gets his racket on pretty much anything in general. That just shows how unreal his level was yesterday. I would rank this performance as one of the very best I have seen in a slam final.
Just had a discussion with my colleague who is a Murray fan andf watched the final as a neutral. Says he thinks whilst Stan played some wonderful attacking tennis, Djokovic started to fade in 3rd and 4th sets. He then said he's glad Murray didn't make it to the final because it's likely Murray would have been hammered in straights. Interesting that the neutrals think Djokovic could have fought back if he had the legs, but he didn't and that's life. He too is also having a blast at the French for making one guy play 3 days straight. I was having a go on Friday as soon as I heard about it coming. As for the highest level of tennis, it's easy to get carried away, Djokovic wasn't at his robotic, relentless best yesterday and he wasn't fully rested like Stan. So I'm going to give it a few weeks to settle before I form an opinion. But Nadal and Djokovic at US Open 2010 and 2011 was an insane level. Of the last few years the highest level of tennis that I've seen is Del Potro against Nadal in 2009.