Kiwis can't take the pace: Tait

Feed

AUSTRALIA fast bowler Shaun Tait revved up for a first international appearance on his home ground Adelaide Oval by saying New Zealand's batsman were uncomfortable facing him. More... AUSTRALIA fast bowler Shaun Tait revved up for a first international appearance on his home ground Adelaide Oval by saying New Zealand's batsman were uncomfortable facing him. And Tait also had a word of warning for India's batsmen, currently gorging themselves on flat subcontinental wickets against Pakistan but soon to be matching wits with Australia on Boxing Day in Melbourne. Amid the multiple talking points thrown up by a richly entertaining Twenty20 victory over the Kiwis on a lively WACA pitch last night, Tait's return to Australian colours was perhaps the most heartening for the home side and their selection panel. Rattling in with assistance of the Fremantle Doctor, Tait claimed the wickets of Jamie How and Ross Taylor within his first four deliveries, a burst that he thought frightened the life out of the Black Caps. “There were a couple of times a couple of their lads were looking uncomfortable,” Tait said. “I suppose How was my first ball and it took his glove off so after looking at that, I knocked over Rosco fourth pill (including a wide), and just watching Brett bowl, they looked pretty uncomfortable. “The speed camera wasn't on last night so that was a bit disappointing, but it was as quick as I've bowled.” Tait's first-ball bouncer to How certainly woke up Mike Hussey in the slips. He said it was the sort of dismissal that sent shudders through opposition batsmen, who like to think they will get at least a sighter or two before one singes their nose. “(Tait) was lighting quick, and he used his bouncer very well, his first ball was a bouncer right on the money,” Hussey said. “Sometimes it's difficult to get the direction exactly correct, so that first ball certainly shook up a few of the Kiwis. “I was a long way back, I felt like I was sitting in the first row in the stands, particularly for Tait and for Brett Lee, but it was good to be standing that far back and not being 20 metres away trying to hit the damn thing.” When considering his chances of a berth in the Test side to play India, Tait pointed out that he would be well placed to stretch the techniques of players fresh from a high-scoring spree at home. “They'll come off the flat tracks over there in India and be faced with some hard wickets in Australia,” Tait said. “It would be brilliant to face up against them. There's been a lot of talk about their difficulty playing the short ball and if I get a gig I'll definitely try and expose that.” Australia's players touched down in Adelaide this afternoon but were made to wait for their luggage, as industrial action by baggage handlers left a pricy selection of playing gear stowed in the hold of their jet. Not required to train, they will welcome captain Ricky Ponting back into the fold after his match off before a lengthy practice net at the oval on Thursday. Barring injury or an insensitive selection panel, Tait will look forward to the first home appearance of a career that has seen him build his international standing almost exclusively overseas. He is sure to gain a thunderous reception from his fellow South Australians, who will likely celebrate the “wild thing” tag bestowed upon him - with some glee - by teammates at the WACA. “The boys have been pushing that a fair bit over the last six months but I'll try and keep it under wraps a bit longer,” Tait said.

I agree with Tait. Akhtar & Waqar have decimated the Kiwis on numerous occasions as well.
Akhtar was reported for chucking after that series by Umpire peter willey .If u check the videos in youtube u can see the ''optical illusion ''rather too much .:giggle:

Why do i see a slew of Aussies, starting from former players to current stars, literally queuing up to say how "Indians are traditionally weak against pace" and all that. Mind games i suppose. Here wishing them gud luck for having lotsa fun playin 'em ! :haha:

Why do i see a slew of Aussies, starting from former players to current stars, literally queuing up to say how "Indians are traditionally weak against pace" and all that. Mind games i suppose. Here wishing them gud luck for having lotsa fun playin 'em ! :haha:
serious test for likes for sehwag, yuvi (especially), laxman, and dhoni. If yuvi fails here, he aint a test batsman.
I thought Tait' date=' Lee and MJ were bowling as quick as I've ever seen. If these guys looked so good on the WACA pitch imagine a bowling line up of Marshall, Holding, Roberts and Patterson/Walsh/Ambrose bowling through out the day. :nervous:[/quote'] yup watching them bowl was like :omg: some seriously rapid bowling
I dont think Tait has ever been 100% test match fit. Plus if Indians can bat for 1st session without losing more than a wicket then they have a pretty good chance as all these SUPERfast bowlers get tired pretty quickly and then lose their line and length (Hopefully)
If wishes were horses, beggars would ride If turnips were swords, i'd wear one by my side If ifs and ands were pots and pans, there'd be no need for tinkers' hands.