Congratulations!

kabira

Well played India. Congrats on the series win. Good to beat Pak :thumbs_up: A very very very tough tour awaits you. Please give your 200% on field there. Win or lose, if you give 200% you will be appreciated. (else the brickbats will follow ;-) )
yep, especially the way we came back from 60/4!! great job india with all bowlers/dhoni/sachin getting injured!

To Conclude. First of all, hatz of to Kumble for taking a fantastic 5fer on last day, he brought the hope of Victory in us which he himself took away when he wasn't declaring and was himself padded up.. surely u can't just take that away.. it's a fair point being revealed here that there was definately a big delay in declaration.. anywayz in bowling.. it was kumble at it's best.. brilliant bowling.. Positives - Dada is in form.. hope he continues.. find- perhapz a bowler named Ishant Sharma though too early as of now.. Note on Kumbles captainy - Good decent series for him.. had he made an early declaration today, would have impressed all of us a bit more.. all in all, It's India and it's Kumbe's side which won us this series at home finally.. bye bye pak..

India came close to take 20 wickets in a test match second time in the series while Pakistan couldn't do that even once. ODI series was lost in the 4th ODI itself and pretty much Pakistan was owned. They had their moments but the last couple of sessions ruined everything for them. Rest assured a Pakistani cricket fan would be pretty unhappy at the turn around of events. What is satisfying was that it was a team effort, everyone contributed from the first test till the last barring one or two individuals. Can't ask for anything more than that from the team. BTW yet another time the history was rewrote. Pakistan can't claim the couple of decade old record as a moral victory. Pakistan was throughly outplayed :two_thumbs_up:

I'd wait for the last two days of this series before I write it off as an yawnfest. There's a twist in the tale if I know my cricket, and what's more, it could go either way. Bangalore is a bit like Headingley. The first three days it looks like a feast of runs on a slow, dead track, and suddenly, sometime on day 4, the track wakes up and strikes like a cobra. India lost it from nowhere on the last day in 2005 against this opposition. Eight out of the last nine Tests have been decisive. A bit like Headingley. In 2006, Pakistan replied to Englansd's 515 with 538. England scored 342 on day 4. On day 5, Pakistan collapsed like a pack of cards to be bowled out for 155 in 47 overs. India must not bat last on this pitch, or they risk defeat.
It happened. India just didn't leave themselves with enough time. They got a wicket on an average every 5 overs. Fifty would have been sufficient to bowl out Pakistan.

I'm glad we won and had Pakistan on the backfoot on pretty much every day of this series. But make no mistake, this was a dreadful series. Injuries to numerous key bowlers from both sides, awful pitches, dreadful fielding and inconsistent umpiring. There may have been 2-3 days of interesting cricket at best on the whole. Real cricket begins on December 26.

It happened. India just didn't leave themselves with enough time. They got a wicket on an average every 5 overs. Fifty would have been sufficient to bowl out Pakistan.
Exactly, Dhondy. Half of my time on the MB is spent trying to explain to people the difficulty of batting on a 5th day track, specially in India. If bad light had not cut us off, all we needed was another 4-5 overs to wrap it up given Akhtar and Kaneria's batting abilities.
Exactly' date=' Dhondy. Half of my time on the MB is spent trying to explain to people the difficulty of batting on a 5th day track, specially in India. If bad light had not cut us off, all we needed was another 4-5 overs to wrap it up given Akhtar and Kaneria's batting abilities.[/quote'] Yup, but the light was the issue. The reason to declare early in India and give yourself an extra hour or so esp. at this time of year is because the batsmen will start complaining about the light, using delay tactics such as calling the physio on, whining about the sightscreen and such, and will keep trying to find ways to get the light offered - at which point they'll run off the field.
Guest HariSampath
Anil said when I asked him that he had miscalculated the light by a half an hour factor when declaring and said if we had some overs more we could have wrapped it up
India came close to take 20 wickets in a test match second time in the series while Pakistan couldn't do that even once. ODI series was lost in the 4th ODI itself and pretty much Pakistan was owned. They had their moments but the last couple of sessions ruined everything for them. Rest assured a Pakistani cricket fan would be pretty unhappy at the turn around of events. What is satisfying was that it was a team effort, everyone contributed from the first test till the last barring one or two individuals. Can't ask for anything more than that from the team. BTW yet another time the history was rewrote. Pakistan can't claim the couple of decade old record as a moral victory. Pakistan was throughly outplayed :two_thumbs_up:
still a lot of catch up to do for IND:two_thumbs_up: