Bahubali : India's Biggest Motion Picture

Kalia_Test

I will try' date=' but I don't think I am overtaking you as the most prolific poster in this thread any soon :hysterical:[/quote'] My contributions are not as easy to beat as Bahubali's BO collections :P

Please post more as your posts suit this thread :hysterical:
You have posted more than him in this thread :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Even though Precambrian is not Telugu, he seems to appreciate good films in whatever language they are made unlike some petty parochial posters here. The rivalry - Telugu vs Tamil vs Malayalam films is as fierce as it gets. You can check Mahesh Babu vs Vijay battles and many others in YT or FB,etc. Still there is some appreciation for each others' cinema and audience welcomes a 'good' film from any language. Telugus never considered Rajni or Kamal as 'others'. They have also not considered Telugu as 'other' language and did a lot of straight telugu films. Bahubali proves to certain extent that most of India is that way :two_thumbs_up: Just time before some oddballs convert too :winky:

Still there is some appreciation for each others' cinema and audience welcomes a 'good' film from any language. Telugus never considered Rajni or Kamal as 'others'. They have also not considered Telugu as 'other' language and did a lot of straight telugu films. Bahubali proves to certain extent that most of India is that way :two_thumbs_up: Just time before some oddballs convert too :winky:
As I said, I watch all kinds of films made in different languages .... However, it is your assumption that those who don't like Bahubali do it because they have some kind of an agenda which is at fault Now your next questions would be - why am i posting so much if i don't have an agenda? To which I have said that it is not often that one gets an opportunity to discuss an ordinary film which is hailed as great :rofl:

As I said, I watch all kinds of films made in different languages .... However, it is your assumption that those who don't like Bahubali do it because they have some kind of an agenda which is at fault Now your next questions would be - why am i posting so much if i don't have an agenda? To which I have said that it is not often that one gets an opportunity to discuss an ordinary film which is hailed as great :rofl:
You get it in every Bond film :dontknow: Though I agree you wont get it in Gujarati films Industry as it is non-existent :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Little FACTS Malayalam language speakers in India = 3.21% of Indian population Gujarati language speakers in India = 4.48% of Indian population Malayalam film Industry is thriving with I guess very high % of National awards, great actors like Mammootty, Mohanlal,etc. Not just awards - There are Blockbusters in Malayalam. Drishyam ( which Ajay Devgan will come with in a week or so ) is a Malayalam movie with Mohanlal ( already remade in Tamil with Kamal called Papanasam and in Telugu with Venkatesh - Drishyam ). What do we need to do to make Gujarati film Industry wake up and make it realize that it is NOT Bollywood ( as per your own logic :winky: )

You get it in every Bond film :dontknow: Though I agree you wont get it in Gujarati films Industry as it is non-existent :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Little FACTS Malayalam language speakers in India = 3.21% of Indian population Gujarati language speakers in India = 4.48% of Indian population Malayalam film Industry is thriving with I guess very high % of National awards, great actors like Mammootty, Mohanlal,etc. Not just awards - There are Blockbusters in Malayalam. Drishyam ( which Ajay Devgan will come with in a week or so ) is a Malayalam movie with Mohanlal ( already remade in Tamil with Kamal called Papanasam and in Telugu with Venkatesh - Drishyam ). What do we need to do to make Gujarati film Industry wake up and make it realize that it is NOT Bollywood ( as per your own logic :winky: )
Again an illogical analysis as those 5% Gujarati population understand Hindi as well .... Gujarati film makers make films for the majority because a) they are smart with respect to ROI, b) confident that their product will be accepted by the majority, and c) simply amongst the best in India - Manmohan Desai, Sanjay Leela Bhansali, Ketan Metha, Vipul Shah, Indra Kumar, Farah Khan, the Bhatts, Sajid Nadiadwala, Ismail Merchant, etc. .... Sanjay Ghadvi (Director of D1 and D2), .... No matter how good actors Mohanlal, Mamotty, etc. are, they will not be widely accepted by majority of Ind as they would in their regions .... so they have to restrict themselves to their region which, luckily for them, probably does not understand Hindi widely as well .... and there is less competition as top actors in India would not want to work in such regional industries on a permanent basis .... and if these guys worked in Bollywood, they would struggle to win even Filmfare awards While Gujarati actors make up Bollywood - Sanjeev Kumar, Asha Parekh, Paresh Rawal, Dimple Kapadia, Parveen Babi, Boman Irani, etc. .... So unlike for many in South, Bollywood is a natural fit (in fact Gujaratis are amongst who's-who of Bollywood), besides Mumbai was the joint capital early on As for Gujarati films, as discussed earlier, Gujarati films have won national awards and represented Ind at Oscars .... But I would have preferred if they had made these films in Hindi for the majority to enjoy! :two_thumbs_up: In short, Gujarati film makers would not feel the need to make a Drisyam (or whatever) in Gujarati, they will make an Amar Akbar Anthony which will be an "Indian" blockbuster

Again an illogical analysis as those 5% Gujarati population understand Hindi as well .... Gujarati film makers make films for the majority because a) they are smart with respect to ROI' date= b) confident that their product will be accepted by the majority, and c) simply amongst the best in India - Manmohan Desai, Sanjay Leela Bhansali, Ketan Metha, Vipul Shah, Indra Kumar, Farah Khan, the Bhatts, Sajid Nadiadwala, Ismail Merchant, etc. .... Sanjay Ghadvi (Director of D1 and D2), .... No matter how good an actor Mohanlal, Mamotty, etc. are, not many will love to see them as lead actors in majority of Ind so they have to restrict themselves to their region which, luckily for them, probably does not understand Hindi widely as well .... and there is less competition as top actors in India would not want to work in such regional industries on a permanent basis .... and if these guys worked in Bollywood, they would struggle to win Filmfare awards While Gujarati actors make up Bollywood - Sanjeev Kumar, Asha Parekh, Paresh Rawal, Dimple Kapadia, Parveen Babi, Boman Irani, etc. .... So unlike for many in South, Bollywood is a natural fit (in fact Gujaratis have contributed to making Bollywood a success too), besides Mumbai was the joint capital early on As for Gujarati films, as discussed earlier, Gujarati films have won national awards and represented Ind at Oscars .... But I would have preferred if they had made these films in Hindi for the majority to enjoy! :two_thumbs_up:
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: No Gujarati film Industry is a fact. If we begin to talk about overall non-hindi actors/writers/singers/producers/directors/screenplay directors/villains/story writers/technicians/music directors/action directors....and many other stuff, Gujju players will be a DOT. FACT is - They contributed to 'Bollywood'. Bollywood does NOT represent Gujarat language as by definition Bollywood is 'Hindi' film Industry and that too based out of Mumbai. Delusions of some posters :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: From wiki "Bollywood is the sobriquet for the Hindi language film industry, based in Mumbai, India." Gujjus doing anything will not make IT Bollywood - merely them contributing to Bollywood like many other better people have done like K Vishwanath, Mani Ratnam , AR Rehman, SPB, Yesudas,etc.

Gujjus doing anything will not make IT Bollywood - merely them contributing to Bollywood like many other better people have done like K Vishwanath, Mani Ratnam , AR Rehman, SPB, Yesudas,etc.
That's what I said, that Gujaratis contribute to Bollywood "In short, Gujarati film makers would not feel the need to make a Drisyam (or whatever) in Gujarati, they will make an Amar Akbar Anthony which will be an "Indian" blockbuster"

^^^ Oh. You might have missed the baap of all steps below :two_thumbs_up:
:haha: However, I have not made any tall claims for Gujarati films, and I don't even know who those guys are :P Btw, the last video is in Hindi (again hardly anyone would know who the guy is) So by comparing these unknown players with your "trend setting" superstars of Telugu cinema, you are indirectly suggesting that many of the Telugu stars are of that (unknown actors) level :rofl: PS m64W3m2Vi-g ^ :rofl: