Bahubali : India's Biggest Motion Picture

Kalia_Test

Almost every Salman solostarrer since 2009 has been a blockbuster. 2009 - Wanted. 2010 - Dabanng. 2011 - Ready, Bodyguard 2012 - Ek tha tiger 2014 - Kick that's a crazy run. Plain dumb from Bahubali makers to not realize this. I think both movies harmed each other else one of them could have gone very close to PK or even beat that. Bajrangi Bhaijaan still has an outside chance of doing it.
I am pretty sure Bahubali makers grossly underestimated its BO potential in the north. Initially the plan was to release in May, but due to some last minute stuff got pushed to July. From South's perspective, that is the best time. In Kerala, TN or Karnataka there weren't any big wig releases slated for this time. So I won't really fault Bahubali's timing. I can only imagine what will be the business for Bahubali -2 !!! Pretty sure they will now approach it like a bollywood release!

You realize PVR is a multiplex? And that multiplezes generally have tickets in these ranges? Especially the "Gold Class" ones? Here's one AFAIK, Gurgaon or Delhi aren't in the South, are they?
So? .... My point was in relation to other states in South not having a cap on ticket prices, and Bahubali had charged up to Rs 3000 for the tickets, and with even single screen charging twice of the norm (early part of that post).... the image you replied to read - even today the charges Rs900 and I saw many prices in the rs 300 range And it is understood that prices vary based upon cinema, locations, etc. .... what is being talked about is cinemas charging "way more" . Stick to posting the numbers, what is being discussed is beyond your understanding :winky:

So? .... My point was in relation to other states in South not having a cap on ticket prices, and Bahubali had charged up to Rs 3000 for the tickets, and with even single screen charging twice of the norm (early part of that post).... the image you replied to read - even today the charges Rs900 and I saw many prices in the rs 300 range And it is understood that prices vary based upon cinema, locations, etc. .... what is being talked about is cinemas charging "way more" . Stick to posting the numbers, what is being discussed is beyond your understanding :winky:
I am merely demonstrating that these 'high' prices are not just limited to south theatres. PVR charges 1400 rs for a single ticket even today in Gold class in Delhi. So your theory that its only south states that don't have a cap blah blah is just ridiculous. And as I showed - even single screen theatres have prices upwards of 200 in North/west regions. Further, on your specific point regardin the 3000 ticket, do you realize it was a premiere show? A one off case?

Why does this Rett guy want to put down Bahubali so much?
The guy firstly has no clue about how the industry works. Thinks IMDB top 250 is the be and end of all cinema, and that his wierd selection of Korean/French cinemas etc should be deified and followed by all:haha: Add to it some inferiority complex and you get the full picture.

I am merely demonstrating that these 'high' prices are not just limited to south theatres. PVR charges 1400 rs for a single ticket even today in Gold class in Delhi. So your theory that its only south states that don't have a cap blah blah is just ridiculous. And as I showed - even single screen theatres have prices upwards of 200 in North/west regions. Further, on your specific point regardin the 3000 ticket, do you realize it was a premiere show? A one off case?
I never said otherwise, was only saying that Bahubali charged high prices esp. in South Your points are irrelevant as it is understood that a) Bahubali was released in less screens than Bhajranji Bhaijaan, b) Bahubali made over Rs100 crores in 3 days, so obviously the avg ticket prices were higher .... As the time goes, prices go down :P

The guy firstly has no clue about how the industry works. Thinks IMDB top 250 is the be and end of all cinema, and that his wierd selection of Korean/French cinemas etc should be deified and followed by all:haha: Add to it some inferiority complex and you get the full picture.
:hysterical: keep up with your dumb assessments This is a fun thread for me!

Some serious ownage happening here. Agenda has been exposed brutally :hysterical: kalakeya-bahubali.jpg Message in Kilikili for haters kroosta...abhimoni teestra... chukreysta vihoch! Nee goojroti ceenma punee! kono naheen deekktah Teelgoo mooovee adbutheh toomrah ageenda saaablogo jaantah Bahubalee beestah! :P

I never said otherwise, was only saying that Bahubali charged high prices esp. in South Your points are irrelevant as it is understood that a) Bahubali was released in less screens than Bhajranji Bhaijaan, b) Bahubali made over Rs100 crores in 3 days, so obviously the avg ticket prices were higher .... As the time goes, prices go down :P
And now you are conveniently shifting goalposts. I merely argued against your dumb claim that in South ticket prices are high. I have provided my proofs that it is not the case. And by the way if Bahubali grossed more than BB despite the latter having more screens (Now, I am using "IF" because its your statement), then the most probable thing would be that Bahubali simply had much better occupancy and turnout per screen than BB.

And now you are conveniently shifting goalposts. I merely argued against your dumb claim that in South ticket prices are high. I have provided my proofs that it is not the case.
Lol I can see how good your reading comprehension skills are :rofl: (No wonder people such as you love films such as Bahubali)
And by the way if Bahubali grossed more than BB despite the latter having more screens (Now, I am using "IF" because its your statement), then the most probable thing would be that Bahubali simply had much better occupancy and turnout per screen than BB.
^ While you must have thought you are making an the intelligent point ... actually it is one of the dumbest, ignorant and irrelevant things said on this thread :hysterical: PS
You must be a sado-masochist to find fun in getting whopped by all and sundry in this thread. :hatsoff:
^ that is like Pak claiming its wins over Ind :hehe:

Johar's production house Dharma Productions has been associated with making family dramas and light-hearted romantic films. What convinced the director to present the film was to be associated with Rajamouli. "I have loved his previous films. His last film Eega was brilliant. He made an entire film on a fly. Here, it is difficult to make a good film by casting superstars also," KJo said.
Why has Hindi cinema not be able to make an epic film like Bahubali? "We don't have a Rajamouli in Hindi cinema," Johar quipped. "He has given his life to making just one film and being a director, even I wouldn't do that."
http://www.rediff.com/movies/report/i-am-really-proud-to-be-a-part-of-bahubali/20150601.htm Respect among professionals without regional bias and judging a film based on the language it was originally made :hatsoff:

Almost every Salman solostarrer since 2009 has been a blockbuster. 2009 - Wanted. 2010 - Dabanng. 2011 - Ready, Bodyguard 2012 - Ek tha tiger 2014 - Kick that's a crazy run. Plain dumb from Bahubali makers to not realize this. I think both movies harmed each other else one of them could have gone very close to PK or even beat that. Bajrangi Bhaijaan still has an outside chance of doing it.
you forgot Dabbang 2 in 2012 and Jai Ho n 2014 which also did 100 plus crores. Veer and London dreams came in between in 2010 didnt work.