Bahubali : India's Biggest Motion Picture

Kalia_Test

since you edited after posting post #94 best case scenario: overwhelming worst case scenario: ok first half, 2nd half good fun.
My review is - it is OK like a regular masala movie.... Not as special as many claim it is :P

and I said its okay for you to feel that way... you got mad when I said that you watched the cam-print and were probably underwhelmed... and accused me of telugu-jingoism :hatsoff:
wrong assumptions .... btw, the state that i originally come from has nothing to do with my review. there is no conspiracy :P

wrong assumptions .... btw' date= the state that i originally come from has nothing to do with my review. there is no conspiracy :P
you posted this in #119 /// Don't forget to promote Baahubali as the best Indian film ever (probably just because it is in Telegu) /// already told you that i wanted to interact. Its telugu btw.. never accused you of any conspiracy. show me a single post of mine, accusing you of conspiracy. my identity is Indian first.

I guess you watched the best version as the other ones are dubbed' date=' maybe some people will not like the dubbed movie as much as you like the Telugu version, another point to consider i guess.[/quote'] It's a bilingual, shot in Telugu and Tamil simultaneously. It's dubbed in Hindi and Malayalam.

Hollywood has been conning people and making billions of hype and special effects. Every other stupid hollywood movie makes a billion dollars these days. So why shouldn't some Indians aim for millions using the same strategy? I hope this movie is a success and makes a lot of cash for Indian movie industry.

Hollywood has been conning people and making billions of hype and special effects. Every other stupid hollywood movie makes a billion dollars these days. So why shouldn't some Indians aim for millions using the same strategy? I hope this movie is a success and makes a lot of cash for Indian movie industry.
Movie is a massive success. I am keenly interested in the actual money it makes considering the huge cost. Day 1 : Biggest ever 1st day collections in India - http://www.koimoi.com/box-office/bahubali-creates-history-with-50-crore-business-on-day-1-box-office-report/
Released in more than 3500 Screens across India, the movie has created a History by raking in whopping 50 crores on Day 1 (Including All Versions), which is simply phenomenal. Bahubali has now made a record of Highest Day 1 business made by any Indian film.
Weekend collections will be interesting. Saw mini-stampedes near a couple of single screen theatres here in Hyderabad. p1HYDfeXAjg

More ....

In a war scene, there is a helicopter blade like weapon attached at the front of a chariot. The villain character is smiling and riding towards his enemies who are watching at the chariot helplessly waiting to be killed .... As if they are taking part in some kind of a killing exhibition

:rofl:
If the movie had been targeted towards teenagers, it would hv been ok, but .... Anyways, some of the best dubbed films from South that I hv seen include: a) Roza b) Bombay c) Shivaji the Boss Robot was good too. However I liked it after Rajni turned bad. Up to that point, the movie was ok. Rajni then took it to another level with his performance. Indian or Hindustani was decent too

The music for the film is also average .... I remember watching Sapne (dubbed film). The film was average but I still remember its songs: p4aA0HnStYQ :woot: There was a South film, "Priyamanevale" (sorry if i got the name wrong), it was later remade as Anil Kapoor and Kajol film iirc. The songs even in Tamil(?) are listenable: 75SaYcMEynY ovS3wU1Y-AU

This movie is a sensation, plain and simple. Spending 250 crores for a regional film is just phenomenal. The reports suggest the action scenes are close to the level of Hollywood movies and cinematography, art direction are world class. Yet, the budget is only about 10 % of that of Hollywood big budget movies. 95 % of reviews are also positive which is not easy for a mainstream movie which is trying to appeal to a wide audience. It has already achieved a record for highest opening for any Indian movie ever in history. Hats off to Rajamouli and his team.

The Detective Dee series, probably made at a budget of around $12M - $15M of each film: ZeMLCCws5m8 ^ Detective Dee: Mystery of the Phantom Flame T7C3IJWBHrI ^ Young Detective Dee: Rise of the Sea Dragon

Nice to see Golts in US actually paying money to see the movie in theatre. No kanjoosi there :nice: This is a movie to be enjoyed on big screen and not on a cam ripped torrent. Great twitter reactions from celebrities all over. IMO, it is now next to Maya Bazaar as the most well made Indian film ever, displacing Lagaan.