Bahubali : India's Biggest Motion Picture

Kalia_Test

Hope Rett did not mistake the shadow of the guys trying to be seated in the front row and the shadow of the woman walking her kid out as some sort of graphics added to the storyline :hysterical: He seems to have taken this movie more seriously and dissected every scene to a tee :giggle:

Maniach Thanks ;) i will check it out. I can see about your comments on Graphics. Yes. we are woefully behind in that area. Also when it comes to fictional period movies we don't have any standard to look upto. So their instant inspiration is the most recent hollywood movies, television serials. How about dialogues? Are they good or amaturish. Is this movie based on a novel? That is when you can see originality.

Maniach Thanks ;) i will check it out. I can see about your comments on Graphics. Yes. we are woefully behind in that area. Also when it comes to fictional period movies we don't have any standard to look upto. So their instant inspiration is the most recent hollywood movies' date=' television serials. How about dialogues? Are they good or amaturish. Is this movie based on a novel? That is when you can see originality.[/quote'] Dialogues are very good...hopefully the dubbed versions maintain the quality. To be Honest the Story theme is a typical Masala theme but it is the presentation is what works for the movie

Hope Rett did not mistake the shadow of the guys trying to be seated in the front row and the shadow of the woman walking her kid out as some sort of graphics added to the storyline :hysterical: He seems to have taken this movie more seriously and dissected every scene to a tee :giggle:
:cantstop: This is what I said in my review - "When reviewing the film, I am judging it from all angles including the claims made - something that will set or sets new benchmarks" I guess, people watching the Telugu (and may be even Tamil) versions may appreciate the film more, but for others, it may not necessarily offer anything new (and not worth the $20 ticket price) - like you yourself said:
Saw the movie over the weekend..$20 ticket :banghead: The whole movie is like a setup for Part-2...just when the movie gets intresting,they give a plot twist and tell the audience to come back in 2016 to watch the remaining movie :mad: Some Typical Masala elements that an Indian movie must contain to appeal to the masses are very masterfully etched into the story-we forget that Indian movies need to appeal to masses as well to make money...if the movie focussed too much on impressing the NRI or the Multiplex audiences the money would have been flushed down the drain-so well done. Overall a fantastic effort..the closest we have come to making an Epic that matches international standards and appeals to all classes of the society but hopefully this is just a start as we still have a long way to go to match Hollywood or even Hong Kong Cinema in terms of graphics despite Indians work on those movies in the graphics department.
And forget about matching international standards, we have had films such as Mugal-e-Azam which actually set the standards for films in its category .... Talking about technical standards, we have had films such as Dhoom 3 which are "close" to international standards technically and made over INR 500 crores, so does that make D3 the best Indian film ever? And as you said, the movie isn't that interesting as it has everything that we have seen before - not a good sign for a film that many claim to set new benchmarks or is arguably the best Indian film ever. Unfortunately, there is a gap b/w what the film actually delivers and the claims .... If the movie is presented as it should be - a regular masala film and priced fairly, my review would be accordingly!

:cantstop: This is what I said in my review - "When reviewing the film, I am judging it from all angles including the claims made - something that will set or sets new benchmarks" I guess, people watching the Telugu (and may be even Tamil) versions may appreciate the film more, but for others, it may not necessarily offer anything new (and not worth the $20 ticket price) - like you yourself said: And forget about matching international standards, we have had films such as Mugal-e-Azam which actually set the standards for films in its category .... Talking about technical standards, we have had films such as Dhoom 3 which are "close" to international standards technically and made over INR 500 crores, so does that make D3 the best Indian film ever? And as you said, the movie isn't that interesting as it has everything that we have seen before - not a good sign for a film that many claim to set new benchmarks or is arguably the best Indian film ever. Unfortunately, there is a gap b/w what the film actually delivers and the claims .... If the movie is presented as it should be - a regular masala film and priced fairly, my review would be accordingly!
If you are comparing Dhoom 3 with Bahubali, i can only pity your ignorance..and frankly I expected this from you after you said you watched it on a laptop with a camprint

If you are comparing Dhoom 3 with Bahubali' date=' i can only pity your ignorance..and frankly I expected this from you after you said you watched it on a laptop with a camprint[/quote'] And who is comparing D3 with Bahubali? I am saying that D3 was a technically sound film as well which made a lot of money at the BO, but do these qualities make it Ind's best? If it makes you happy, I did not watch it on laptop. I watched it online but on my TV :P Below is a review that I found interesting:

And who is comparing D3 with Bahubali? I am saying that D3 was a technically sound film as well which made a lot of money at the BO, but do these qualities make it Ind's best? If it makes you happy, I did not watch it on laptop. I watched it online but on my TV :P Below is a review that I found interesting:
for every one average review you post , there will be 10 overwhelming positive reviews.. that too from seasoned pros...lookat IMDB below: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2631186/ CJzUvrvUEAARep0.jpg please put aside your narrow thinking and learn to appreciate good films ...

for every one average review you post , there will be 10 overwhelming positive reviews.. that too from seasoned pros...look at IMDB below: please put aside your narrow thinking and learn to appreciate good films ...
seasoned pros :giggle: .... I recall Ra.One getting some good hype and reviews too As for Imdb, Bahubali had great ratings on July 9th itself :P .... Most Indian films esp. with huge budgets and/or star cast start with very high ratings. If I recall correctly, HNY was at 8.8 or 9 something, currently, it must be in the 5 to 6 range My review is considering the claims that the film made. If the film is presented as a regular masala movie and priced fairly, my review would be accordingly

:cantstop: This is what I said in my review - "When reviewing the film, I am judging it from all angles including the claims made - something that will set or sets new benchmarks" I guess, people watching the Telugu (and may be even Tamil) versions may appreciate the film more, but for others, it may not necessarily offer anything new (and not worth the $20 ticket price) - like you yourself said: And forget about matching international standards, we have had films such as Mugal-e-Azam which actually set the standards for films in its category .... Talking about technical standards, we have had films such as Dhoom 3 which are "close" to international standards technically and made over INR 500 crores, so does that make D3 the best Indian film ever? And as you said, the movie isn't that interesting as it has everything that we have seen before - not a good sign for a film that many claim to set new benchmarks or is arguably the best Indian film ever. Unfortunately, there is a gap b/w what the film actually delivers and the claims .... If the movie is presented as it should be - a regular masala film and priced fairly, my review would be accordingly!
I am sure Mughal E Azam pales in comparison to the epics made in Hollywood in that era like Ben-Hur etc....The ham acting of Dilip Kumar and Prithvi Raj Kapoor will be laughed at.....Yeah maybe their performances were good for Indian sensibilities but it is not a benchmark in international arena as you claim to be either....Yes for that era of Indian cinema it is a Benchmark definitely just as Bahubali is for current Indian movie standards. You keep comparing the movie to Hollywood movies which is wrong....A guy from a small town or village be it in AP,Bihar orf Gujrat will be wowed by the cinematography and graphics as there is good chance he has never seen LOTR. Dhoom 3 or Ra one were set in a modern setting,they were action and sci-fi genre and they were pretty lame in all aspects. This appeals to more Indian sensibilities as we all can relate to stories about King,Kingdoms,wars etc. and it was very well made to appeal to all classes. You need to compare Bahubali to Indian epics and not Hollywood movies. Yes the $20 price was insane but it is still a very good movie...I pointed out the flaws in the movie too where there could have been a much better effort but comparing it to wannabe crap like Raone and Dhoom 3 is plain offensive to anyone who loves movies. You have to give it to the director,the cast and everyone involved an A+ for effort.

Meanwhile - the film continues to march on. Lots of my friends/acquaintances are watching the movie second time too - paying real cash - movie has re-watch value and that is its great strength. One great positive about this is that - given the film's massive reception worldwide for part 1 - Part 2 will be sold at far greater prices and the entire venture will eventually make money for everyone involved. Very much needed as we don't want people that took so much financial risk to produce a visual spectacle to be de-motivated. Hope the makers do something about piracy though. The ones that download torrents are anyway bereft of the spectacle and unable to comprehend the movie..nevertheless...something should be done - maybe some red guntur chilli up their ... :P

seasoned pros :giggle: .... I recall Ra.One getting some good hype and reviews too As for Imdb, Bahubali had great ratings on July 9th itself :P .... Most Indian films esp. with huge budgets and/or star cast start with very high ratings. If I recall correctly, HNY was at 8.8 or 9 something, currently, it must be in the 5 to 6 range My review is considering the claims that the film made. If the film is presented as a regular masala movie and priced fairly, my review would be accordingly
The claims the film made was setting new benchmark for Indian Cinema in terms of Graphics and CInematography and Large Scale production. So cannot comprehend how you can judge 1 and 2 by watching a cam print :confused: It did not claim to be better than LOTR now did it? Watch it in theatre,come back and tell me that Dhoom3 or Raone were better in that aspect. Don't recall anyone claiming that the story was unique,infact the director himself said like a lot of Indian movies this takes inspiration from Ramayana and Mahabharata.

I am sure Mughal E Azam pales in comparison to the epics made in Hollywood in that era like Ben-Hur etc....The ham acting of Dilip Kumar and Prithvi Raj Kapoor will be laughed at.....Yeah maybe their performances were good for Indian sensibilities but it is not a benchmark in international arena as you claim to be either....Yes for that era of Indian cinema it is a Benchmark definitely just as Bahubali is for current Indian movie standards. You keep comparing the movie to Hollywood movies which is wrong....A guy from a small town or village be it in AP,Bihar orf Gujrat will be wowed by the cinematography and graphics as there is good chance he has never seen LOTR. Dhoom 3 or Ra one were set in a modern setting,they were action and sci-fi genre and they were pretty lame in all aspects. This appeals to more Indian sensibilities as we all can relate to stories about King,Kingdoms,wars etc. and it was very well made to appeal to all classes. You need to compare Bahubali to Indian epics and not Hollywood movies. Yes the $20 price was insane but it is still a very good movie...I pointed out the flaws in the movie too where there could have been a much better effort but comparing it to wannabe crap like Raone and Dhoom 3 is plain offensive to anyone who loves movies. You have to give it to the director,the cast and everyone involved an A+ for effort.
Great post... People might think I am a Telugu promoter,etc ( when I am not even a Golt) when I say Bahubali is India's best movie ever but for me movie making is a lot of stuff - Songs and starcast is not movie for me...I do enjoy great songs and admire stardom but that is not movie - Songs can exist in isolation - in 90s - we had craze of independent albums from Lucky Ali,etc. I can admire Salman for his ability to mesmerise crowds - still not a movie.. Movie for me is that of a director, a story-teller, of technicians that bring the visualizations onto the screen, the narrative, the sequence, the intrigue, the dialogues and competent actors ( need not be stars - it is enough if the actors satisfy the director in terms of meeting his criteria ). The scale of visualization itself makes Bahubali the best Indian movie for me - for someone to dream so big and get it onto screen - :hatsoff:

:eek:
Great post... People might think I am a Telugu promoter,etc ( when I am not even a Golt) when I say Bahubali is India's best movie ever but for me movie making is a lot of stuff - Songs and starcast is not movie for me...I do enjoy great songs and admire stardom but that is not movie - Songs can exist in isolation - in 90s - we had craze of independent albums from Lucky Ali,etc. I can admire Salman for his ability to mesmerise crowds - still not a movie.. Movie for me is that of a director, a story-teller, of technicians that bring the visualizations onto the screen, the narrative, the sequence, the intrigue, the dialogues and competent actors ( need not be stars - it is enough if the actors satisfy the director in terms of meeting his criteria ). The scale of visualization itself makes Bahubali the best Indian movie for me - for someone to dream so big and get it onto screen - :hatsoff:
:eek: :((

:two_thumbs_up: great posts ...maniac and kalia..

:eek::eek: :((
By Janma - I may not be ( I posted this multiple times in ICF - maybe you missed it ) but by Karma, I am Golt - so relax thammudu Ee ooru manadiraa Ee wada manadiraa Palle manadiraa Prathi paniki manam raa Naduma dora endiro - vaadi peekudendiro Zaalim kaun re...uska zulum kya re :two_thumbs_up: This is Telangana version...I am sure Telugu is telugu for you.... Kakinada Kaaja :yay:

By Janma - I may not be ( I posted this multiple times in ICF - maybe you missed it ) but by Karma, I am Golt - so relax thammudu Ee ooru manadiraa Ee wada manadiraa Palle manadiraa Prathi paniki manam raa Naduma dora endiro - vaadi peekudendiro Zaalim kaun re...uska zulum kya re :two_thumbs_up: This is Telangana version...I am sure Telugu is telugu for you.... Kakinada Kaaja :yay:
:two_thumbs_up: BTW where is Rett...looks like he is suckered into watching Bahubali yet again to come up with more analysis :hysterical:

Baahubali is several notches higher than a regular Telugu film. But it was meant to be a game changer, not a regular film. If a spellbinding saga is what you go looking for, some portions can leave you underwhelmed. The writing could have been better. Yet, there’s so much to root for. s for part two, bring it on! Hindu.. overall thumbs up http://www.thehindu.com/features/cinema/cinema-reviews/baahubali-review-a-little-more-a-little-less/article7407650.ece

Will definitely watch.. i like adventurous movies.. My only concern is dialogues in Tamil. I am pretty sure some random dubbing voice would feature. A reason why i sippikkul muthu (swathi muthyam's dubbing) was a let down for me. SPB lent voice to Kamal.