The Best Cricket Writer In The World.

SachDan

cm_robertcraddock.jpg Robert Craddock With due apologies to Dhondy,Sali,Ravi and other extremely talented writers of the ICF, I feel that Robert Craddock of Australia is the best. Even the hugely respected writers like Peter Roebuck,Derek Pringle,Simon Huges,Gideon Haig and our own Sharda Ugra don't seem to match his quality.
Guest HariSampath

Fingleton was a fantastic writer but no question, the best ever was Sir Neville Cardus. Of contemporaries, Tony Cozier is perhaps the best writer over the last 30 odd years

Didn't like the fact that Cardus apparently made a handful of things up on the cuff for a lot of his reports (there are a few stories about how he missed the odd game at times, but would still write a report straight off the scorecard and his knowledge of players/characters), or reconstructing things (like his account of Spofforth's Ashes-creating test. Fingleton had a far more right-from-the-heart-of-the-battle mentality to his writing, which I preferred over Cardus' flowery prose.

Guest HariSampath

I have got this unquestioned hats off on Tony Cozier, over his writings commentaries..of 30 plus years ....NO cricket fan has ever doubted the class of Cozier, on his writings from the halycon days of Lloyd's windies , Waugh's Aussies, through Sachin, Warne, Lara , Murali of today.....

One of my favs is Rohit Brijnath. I remember reading his match review of the Leeds test of 2002 in Wisden' date=' It was wonderfully written. I wish i could somehow get hold of it and post it here.[/quote'] Sriram, http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/wisdenalmanack/content/story/154971.html is the Wisden report. You must be talking it somewhere else - perhaps Wisden Asia Cricket ? R. Mohan sounds better now than he did at the time because of the nostalgia factor and the current Hindu writers are very average.