India Vs Victoria, Tour game, Melbourne, 20-22 Dec 2007

Dravid's SR is not great. He would have to be a touch more positive during the test series.
i don't thik dravid himself is worried about that.. he is just planning to stay and play long innings.. thatz what team needs someone sticking and and frustrating the bowlers n not getting out.. staying on crease and playing out sessions, he will get runs automatically here n there.. i say this is good cricket from dravid.. this is a warm up game and he is making use of it..
i don't thik dravid himself is worried about that.. he is just planning to stay and play long innings.. thatz what team needs someone sticking and and frustrating the bowlers n not getting out.. staying on crease and playing out sessions, he will get runs automatically here n there.. i say this is good cricket from dravid.. this is a warm up game and he is making use of it..
Spot on, Tics. RD is playing exactly how an opener should play on such a wicket and in such conditions. The only spot he can fill in the Test team, with any validity, is as an opener. The perplexing part of that is, that's how he plays - wherever he bats and on whatever wicket. His last Test innings in England (12 from 96 balls) was simply an embarrassment for any Test #3 to play and his efforts against a weak Pakistan outfit were, to put it mildly, lacklustre. Traditionally, and for good reason, your best batsman should bat at first drop, as Ponting does. It's been quite a while now since Dravid was India's best bat. In his last 13 Tests, he hasn't scored a century against any of the top 8 Test teams.
Dravid seems to have a cult following among the Victoria team. They were constantly checking out his bat and incessantly chatting with him.:lmao:
They are just checking to see if he actually brought his bat out there today. :regular_smile: