Siva - a revelation

Mr. Wicket

Heard him speaking on Neo Sports a couple of days ago for the Bengal/UP game, and cringed at the sound of his voice. Have to say though that this game I've found him very, very tolerable. He's surprisingly insightful and a solid (while not outstanding) play by play man when talking about the domestics. Knows his cricket, talks about it with some knowledge and doesn't sound like a frigging idiot like he does when talking on the international games. Maybe the secret to hearing the good side of Siva is to keep him away from the likes of Rameez, Sohail, Arun Lal and the other fwits? Yes, INDEEED.

No. It's a little past noon here. :P He actually sounds somewhere near reasonable, far less painful than I expected. I must say the commentators on the domestics are a refreshing change. Vivek Razdan and VB Chandrasekhar aren't breathtakingly brilliant, but here's the kicker - UNLIKE LAL/RAMEEZ, THEY DON'T MAKE ME HIT THE MUTE BUTTON! Actually stick to the cricket, lay off the idiotic humour, don't bring up wagtails and five different predictions for the pitch's behaviour every 10 minutes, etc - and just commentate on what's going on. Breathtaking.

No. It's a little past noon here. :P He actually sounds somewhere near reasonable, far less painful than I expected. I must say the commentators on the domestics are a refreshing change. Vivek Razdan and VB Chandrasekhar aren't breathtakingly brilliant, but here's the kicker - UNLIKE LAL/RAMEEZ, THEY DON'T MAKE ME HIT THE MUTE BUTTON! Actually stick to the cricket, lay off the idiotic humour, don't bring up wagtails and five different predictions for the pitch's behaviour every 10 minutes, etc - and just commentate on what's going on. Breathtaking.
problem with lalz and rameez is that they tend to make up english words so that they can look like smart commentator, though they don't know that they sound stupid..

Yup. But I can tolerate some degree of recitation and standard play by play if it at least makes sense. And I fear my standards may have been eaten away by listening to the usual Gang of Idiots on commentary before. Siva seems to go down to the levels of Rameez, Lal and Sohail when talking with them, so this is like bliss. I'm not muting the cricket to listen to something pleasant like Dire Straits in lieu of the commentary, so this is at least acceptable - which in Siva's case is a revelation. Yes, INDEEEED! :P

Yup. But I can tolerate some degree of recitation and standard play by play if it at least makes sense. And I fear my standards may have been eaten away by listening to the usual Gang of Idiots on commentary before.
And therein lies the source of all problems. Having heard Ramiz wanting the captain to " install a slip" or Lal talk about "vegetarian sausages" has killed the connoisseur in you.
Not that much' date=' of what I watched of the India/Pak series, over 90% was viewed with the game muted. Else I'd be in an asylum by now with the damage they can do to my sanity.[/quote'] Sigh...... I wish i too could mute and watch, but i never get the feel of watching a cricket match unless i hear the sounds from the ground...
Sigh...... I wish i too could mute and watch' date=' but i never get the feel of watching a cricket match unless i hear the sounds from the ground...[/quote'] Yes, but it's the lesser of two evils. Option A: Have to only follow the game with your eyes, occasionally unmuting for a big appeal/dismissal/major moment/etc. No sound otherwise, no nicks, no cries from the fielders, so on. Option B: All the sounds from the ground... drowned out by the revelations that the pitch will be full of runs, vegetarian sausages, updates that the pitch is going to ease up substantially, white and black wagtails, the news that the pitch is difficult right now and will not get any easier to bat on, look - another wagtail!, the pitch is really a belter but will crumble by this afternoon and some other bird awareness issue. Yes, indeed! A sounds so good in comparison :D
Option B: All the sounds from the ground... drowned out by the revelations that the pitch will be full of runs, vegetarian sausages, updates that the pitch is going to ease up substantially, white and black wagtails, the news that the pitch is difficult right now and will not get any easier to bat on, look - another wagtail!, the pitch is really a belter but will crumble by this afternoon and some other bird awareness issue. Yes, indeed!
You sneak criminal ! You DO hear all of Lal's commentary after all. I wouldnt be surprised if you record all his comments and hear them once before you to sleep every night ! :haha:
No' date=' I only got those from turning on the volume once each session for 5 minutes over the course of a day's play... imagine how mentally scarred I would be if I had heard him right through![/quote'] Lal has the distinction of riling even me up ! Trust me, I dont lose my temper that easily. In fact, I didnt even have a temper to lose before i heard Lal.