Ponting And Tendulkar comparison

putrevus

Ponting whose is the best batsman in world since 2003 ,and shall we compare with our own tendulkar during that span.It is just no comparision , Ponting who is going to break all tendulkar's records in test matches.He has scored 19 100s compared to tendulkar's 7 Tendulkar in comparison has never dominated the bowlers as this guy is doing, he simply looks like Viv Richards crushing bowlers to fear , tendulkar even in his hey day never was this dominating in test matches, this guy is simply crushing bowlers to submission.He walks in today when his team is in spot of bother what he does smashes 135 in 133 balls. Ponting will end up as second best batsman ever only behind Sir Bradman. your views

Guest HariSampath

If I had to win an ODI to save my life, I would choose Ponting over sachin, just look at Ponting's record in winning games as a batter alone. In tests too, Ponting may end up with more tons

If I had to win an ODI to save my life' date=' I would choose Ponting over sachin, just look at Ponting's record in winning games as a batter alone. In tests too, Ponting may end up with more tons[/quote'] In matches won :
[FONT=MONOSPACE,COURIER NEW,COURIER]                     Mat    I  NO  Runs HS1  HS2  HS3     Ave 100  50   0

unfiltered           407  397  37 15962 186* 152  146   44.33  41  87  19
                     [COLOR=#ff0000]288  279  35 10835 164  145  141*  44.40  25  63  16[/COLOR]
filtered             201  198  30  9563 186* 152  146   [b]56.92[/b]  29  51   7
                     [COLOR=#ff0000]208  200  32  8603 145  141* 140*  [b]51.20[/b]  21  55   9

Guest HariSampath
In matches won :
[FONT=MONOSPACE,COURIER NEW,COURIER]                    Mat    I  NO  Runs HS1  HS2  HS3     Ave 100  50   0[/FONT]

[FONT=MONOSPACE,COURIER NEW,COURIER]unfiltered           407  397  37 15962 186* 152  146   44.33  41  87  19[/FONT]
[FONT=MONOSPACE,COURIER NEW,COURIER]                    [COLOR=#ff0000]288  279  35 10835 164  145  141*  44.40  25  63  16[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=MONOSPACE,COURIER NEW,COURIER]filtered             201  198  30  9563 186* 152  146   [B]56.92[/B]  29  51   7[/FONT]
[FONT=MONOSPACE,COURIER NEW,COURIER]                    [COLOR=#ff0000]208  200  32  8603 145  141* 140*  [B]51.20[/B]  21  55   9[/COLOR][/FONT]

This tells us all that Ricky Ponting has scored 21 out of his 25 100s in games won by Australia and 55 out of 63 Fifties in won games. Also this tells us that with such performances from Ponting, Aus has won 208 of the 288 ODIs he has played and performed. Thanks for proving me right
This tells us all that Ricky Ponting has scored 21 out of his 25 100s in games won by Australia and 55 out of 63 Fifties in won games. Also this tells us that with such performances from Ponting, Aus has won 208 of the 288 ODIs he has played and performed. Thanks for proving me right
Thanks also for informing me that these matches were played with only Tendulkar and Ponting in their respective teams. Point noted.

Ponting has been way too consistent over the past 4-5 years. Tendya has his demons and they've made him vulnerable. That's not to say he can't be the best batsman on his day and overshadow the pontings, but for me personally, the thought of consistency is more than important than the occasional brilliance.

Guest HariSampath
BTW anybody notice ... in that stat provided by Proff (For matches won) how SRT has scored about nearly 1000 more runs than Ponting in 2 less innings ... hehehee
what about Sachin's ODI averages in 6 test playing countries ?? all between 25 to 39 ...any thoughts ??
Guest HariSampath
BTW anybody notice ... in that stat provided by Proff (For matches won) how SRT has scored about nearly 1000 more runs than Ponting in 2 less innings ... hehehee
LOL...bb you have lost it... Sachin has been opening in ALL games but despite the fact Ponting has come in the middle order ( after Gilly, Hayden et al )...has just scored 1000 runs less over 200 games....( note : first 15 overs , field restrictions etc, and also the fact that most times Ponting plays, aus may not even have a tall score for him to chase down and get hundreds in the process)

The thing is tendulkar even in his day was never this dominant for this long time.ponting keeps making 100's as if it is walk in park.He is so attacking bowlers dont even stand a chance , it helps he has good batting lineup but I dont think indian batting line up is that bad either. Last time tendulkar was dominating the bowlers was in world cup 2003.We need that tendulkar who beat the crap out of Warne in 1998,Hope tendulkar has one great series in his last tour to Australia.

The thing is also that Tendulkar's peak coincided with the peak of bowling attacks round the world - McGrath, Warne, Gillespie, Donald, Pollock, Akram, Waqar, Saqlain, Ambrose, Walsh, Murali etc. He has hundreds against all of them. Ponting and a lot of other pretenders have feasted on weak bowling attacks, flatter pitches, and shorter boundaries over the past few years. Why has Tendulkar not been able to do the same? He is obviously not at the top of his game anymore. These kind of things cannot be put in numbers and you have to watch the game to reason through all this. It is not for no reason that Tendulkar is still, despite his recent decline, rated as the best of his generation by most cricket experts along with Lara.

The thing is tendulkar even in his day was never this dominant for this long time.ponting keeps making 100's as if it is walk in park.He is so attacking bowlers dont even stand a chance , it helps he has good batting lineup but I dont think indian batting line up is that bad either. Last time tendulkar was dominating the bowlers was in world cup 2003.We need that tendulkar who beat the crap out of Warne in 1998,Hope tendulkar has one great series in his last tour to Australia.
So it means you obviously didn't watch Sachin bat in the ODIs vs SA at Belfast, vs England in England, and vs Pak in India. And I don't think 90s are much worse score than 100 anyway.