Phone, Tablet releases 2015 year edition

vvvslaxman

samsung phones have that gpu no ? and its less hot than iphone during game play ..

Iphone's has an even worser one, powervr. I remember posting here, iphone 6 gets hot even while using whatsapp/facebook 

All phones gets hot, but phones like s6 and note 4 quickly gets hot on prolonged usage. Esp, when a lot of apps are installed. The case is not the same in korean note 4. It's takes much longer to get hot even while playing games like MKX or real racing. 

Edited by Detonator

Heating is mainly a chipset issue. Qualcomm snapdragon 615 and 810 are heaters that's why MS employed liquid cooling in their new phones and Samsung didn't use in their S6 phones.

Have to agree qualcomm messed up things with 810, which was exposed by nexus 6. But S6 also has way more heating issues from what I have seen. Samsung decided to go with exynos becoz, it's developed by them. Also the battery just drains like speedometer while playing games. In s6 I opened the MKX game, the battery drained from 76% to 68% before I start an actual match. 

Samsung used both Exynos and Snapdragon in previous flagships. Aaccording to GSM arena "Exynos in S6 is the first mobile chipset to be built on a 14nm fabrication process (Snapdragon 810 is on 20nm), which should reduce power usage. That in turn reduces the dreaded thermal throttling that was a major issue in the Exynos vs. Snapdragon debate recently."

heats up mainly in gaming.btw, most phones heat up during heavy usage.

Their Kirin chipset isn't bad, only issue is that Mali gpu isn't made for gaming

Hmmm.. I don't know about Kirin, so googled and found that it's based on ARM Cortex chipsets. Lets see :hmmm:

Iphone's has an even worser one, powervr. I remember posting here, iphone 6 gets hot even while using whatsapp/facebook 

All phones gets hot, but phones like s6 and note 4 quickly gets hot on prolonged usage. Esp, when a lot of apps are installed. The case is not the same in korean note 4. It's takes much longer to get hot even while playing games like MKX or real racing. 

Korean NOte 4 also uses Mali 420

Companies say all honey and sugar while selling their phones. :((

I dont think heating can be resolved completely and when using a QHD display, it is bound to heat up and with a small battery pack in S6, it is not surprising that it drains quickly during gaming. My Lumia 920 heats up like anything. Lets see how liquid cooling works in new Lumias. That might be the trend for coming generations of phones to limit heating issues. Lenovo has packed 5000 MAH battery in their new phone Vibe P1. Other companies must look to do the same too. Note is as big as P1 but only has 3200 MAH battery.

the A series is basically meant for selling unsold old chipsets they have ordered. 

but the A series is their new design language, differs from their old plastic S series with metal build. They certainly have not treated them like after thoughts.

but the A series is their new design language, differs from their old plastic S series with metal build. They certainly have not treated them like after thoughts.

the metal trims are their biggest selling point.

imo, they should have adopted metal design for s series long back. 

I would rather buy an outdated z1 which is available for 16k, rather than buying a8 with nerfed chipsets 

Edited by Detonator

the metal trims are their biggest selling point.

imo, they should have adopted metal design for s series long back. 

I would rather buy an outdated z1 which is available for 16k, rather than buying a8 with nerfed chipsets 

S5 is better and cheaper than A8.

i have used s6 of cousin and yes battery is mediocre and it did heat but only while charging and updating otherwise did not feel much heat at all.

feeling heat is non issue as it means phone is getting cooler and unlike g3 from lg which had to shut down some features and many sony phones who shut down cameras its non issue in samsung phones and iphones .

btw i prefer design language of s series now as it looks different from metal and on top of that you get amazing wireless charging which currently is not possible on metal phones.