Are fast pitches a must for australians to beat Indians

putrevus

If you see the how Aussies won all these 14 tests in row , I dont think they need super fast pitches to beat India.I think They win more matches than anyone on two things their batting order rarely fails to deliver and their mental strength is greater than any other team. They fight every inch just look at last odi played in mumbai , it was spinning square and karthick Murali picked 6 wickets , they folded for 193.Still it is their pace bowlers who attacked indians , home side were tottering at 6/66.All those wickets taken by their pacers historically even on spinning tracks their pacers have knocked out opposition. They had already won the series 4-1 but they still played hard to win the last match also, that attitude of winning every match is their strength, they never won in India till 2004 but still they tried to win every match rather than playing for draw and sitting on lead which Indians did both in England and against Pakistan , they chose to sit on their lead rather try hard to win the match. Kumble was hailed as positive captain but he again folded under pressure of expectations and chose to play safe.Remember in one of Ashes tests which was quite similar to Bangalore test Adam Gilchrist was captain they chose to declare and give a sporting target to england and lost.But that Attitude has won them more matches than losing them. http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/63939.html Indians need to show up batting wise big time this series otherwise it will long series,with this batting order, they seven strong batsman if you include Dhoni they need to blunt the Aussie bowling Attack , let us what happens.

Zaheer khan was in effective whole pakistan series and also in odis against aussies.RP needs to step up thats what I meant to take major role .
Conditions were not at all conducive for swing bowling at home vs Pak. How can you expect him to have massive success? As for Odis, he was not very effective with the white ball in England either. And I don't think RPS can be successful in such circumstances either.
Indian pace attack is not effective when there is no swing on offer. I've never seen Indian bowlers outthinking or tormenting the batsmen on even bouncy tracks (Durban test' date=' anyone?). That is why I have less hope from this team, or this attack to be precise![/quote'] Ah just you wait madam. This aussie series will mark the arrival of the two future great fast bowlers Ishant Sharma and Pankaj Singh :cantstop:
Zaheer khan was in effective whole pakistan series and also in odis against aussies.RP needs to step up thats what I meant to take major role .
Conditions were not at all conducive for swing bowling at home vs Pak. How can you expect him to have massive success? As for Odis, he was not very effective with the white ball in England either. And I don't think RPS can be successful in such circumstances either.
Chandan is right, Zaheer Khan has an average of over 40 bowling in India. He simply needs the pitch to do something for him, which is not ideal. However, when the pitch does help him, he is world class and that is what keeps him in the team as the spearhead.