Netflix

zen

1 hour ago, Lone Wolf said:

If you have watched Dexter series..  It's sequel Dexter new blood is streaming on Voot.  It's pretty amazing so far

I have seen Dexter, and I felt it got less good with time, especially toward the ending. will keep this sequel in mind.

6 hours ago, Vijy said:

I have seen Dexter, and I felt it got less good with time, especially toward the ending. will keep this sequel in mind.

Yeah last couple of seasons were pretty bad..  This though has started very well.  Could well become their better call Saul of Breaking bad. 

7 hours ago, Vijy said:

Dexter till season 5 was awesome... watched it recently - still loved it. Season 6 and 7 felt stretched though. Haven't watched the new season... any good? 

Watched Witcher S1 recently ... felt weird in the beginning - got better towards the end. Still lukewarm about the series. S2 coming out soon. Will watch it for sure. 

Started watching Vikings ... S1 was awesome. S2 feels a bit repetitive as far as the story is concerned. 

3 hours ago, bharathh said:

Watched Witcher S1 recently ... felt weird in the beginning - got better towards the end. Still lukewarm about the series. S2 coming out soon. Will watch it for sure. 

Started watching Vikings ... S1 was awesome. S2 feels a bit repetitive as far as the story is concerned. 

Vikings season 3-4 is top tier action TV. Even GoT doesn't stands anywhere close to that with all the budget they had.  It goes downhill from season 4 onwards though.  Haven't seen latest season.  

9 hours ago, bharathh said:

Witcher Season 1 is based on short stories that span about half a century and do not have a chronological order. If the scripts are good, I expect the S2 to be better since it gets into the "main" plot

7 minutes ago, Vijy said:

Witcher Season 1 is based on short stories that span about half a century and do not have a chronological order. If the scripts are good, I expect the S2 to be better since it gets into the "main" plot

Yeah half of the season went through matching the timelines.  I have played the gaming version of Witcher which is based on much later events & new characters.  Series has lot of potential Though.  Casting of Henry Cavill as Geralt is super awesome. 

Prime video has also launched its big ticket series The Wheel of time recently.  Budget is higher & bezos has supposedly invested a lot in it.  Already comparisons with GoT with a lot more of magic n action stuff

Just now, Lone Wolf said:

Yeah half of the season went through matching the timelines.  I have played the gaming version of Witcher which is based on much later events & new characters.  Series has lot of potential Though.  Casting of Henry Cavill as Geralt is super awesome. 

Prime video has also launched its big ticket series The Wheel of time recently.  Budget is higher & bezos has supposedly invested a lot in it.  Already comparisons with GoT with a lot more of magic n action stuff

I saw (Wheel of Time) WoT. Speaking for myself, it's a crappy adaptation. I like the books quite a lot (not a "diehard" fan though), and this WoT adaptation butchered them.

Witcher is more promising IMO. Even though they made some silly changes in S1, I think they captured the zeitgeist well.

30 minutes ago, zen said:

I used to watch it when I was into serial killer series. Will try to see if any new ones have been added. 

If you have watched older Karate kid movies Mr miyagi types then do watch reboot series Cobra kai on Netflix.  Rave reviews so far & very well done action sequences. 

Just now, Vijy said:

I saw (Wheel of Time) WoT. Speaking for myself, it's a crappy adaptation. I like the books quite a lot (not a "diehard" fan though), and this WoT adaptation butchered them.

Witcher is more promising IMO. Even though they made some silly changes in S1, I think they captured the zeitgeist well.

I haven't read the books & only watched couple of episodes so looks promising to me.  Even though Witcher indeed has a lot of potential with solid cast compared to WoT.  Branding of Netflix is some level compared to Prime video as well..  So quality of content is also filters out. 

5 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

I haven't read the books & only watched couple of episodes so looks promising to me.  Even though Witcher indeed has a lot of potential with solid cast compared to WoT.  Branding of Netflix is some level compared to Prime video as well..  So quality of content is also filters out. 

I've read the books for these series (Witcher, Wheel of Time, ASOIAF - Game of Thrones), so there's usually higher expectations. Here's my rating so far:

First 4 seasons of GoT >> Witcher S1 = Seasons 5 & 6 of GoT > WoT S1 > Season 7 of GoT >> Season 8 of GoT

Edited by Vijy

4 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

For WoT: even from a non-reader PoV, I feel that a lot of the plot is rushed, some sequences are however overly drawn out, the acting is uneven, the CGI and art direction is not up to scratch, and so on.

1 minute ago, Vijy said:

I've read the books for these series (Witcher, Wheel of Time, ASOIAF - Game of Thrones), so there's usually higher expectations. Here's my rating so far:

First 4 seasons of GoT >> Witcher S1 > Seasons 5 & 6 of GoT > WoT S1 > Season 7 of GoT >> Season 8 of GoT

That seems apt.. Also  Succession is by far best show on TV right now.  Top of the shelf stuff.