IPL 2016 Dream Team

CricketBuffOne

3 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

how can u have so many foriegn players, 4 overseas is the rule , if u wanna select dream team u have to follow rules of tournament

Ankit, very valid point, I just wanted to give myself the liberty to pick the best team irrespective of restrictions. Pls do share your best team.

Edited by CricketBuffOne

56 minutes ago, CricketBuffOne said:

Ankit, very valid point, but I just wanted to give myself the liberty to pick the best team irrespective of restrictions. Pls do share your best team.

Following the rules of having 4 overseas players my team wud be

1.Warner

2.Kohli (C)

3.Rohit ( why rohit at 3 n kohli at open, simple kohli has scored more runs so i have a simple rule best batsman shud get more balls)

4.KL rahul (WK) i dnt beilve in part time keeper, but no other indian keeper batsman perfomance was upto mark so will go with him

5.Yusuf pathan ( Apart from his hitting i needed someone to give me overs of off spin )

6.Russel

7.Morris

8. Krunal Pandya (bowled better than most indian spinner, cnt have chahal as i already have mishra)

9. Mishra

10. Mcgleshan (picked over Fiz becoz i needed Someone with new ball as well Mishra, Morris, russel r there for me in middle n death overs and his extra bounce n pace has troubled indian batsman)

11. Bhuvneshwar (Over bumrah coz of his new ball skills and he is very gud at death as well so an all round bowler)

Backups- Zampa, bumrah, Mustafizur, Raydu , Chahal, Abdevillers. Didnt hve them for mostly combination reason 

Reasons for having so many hard hitter well they all are match changers and we saw how it worked for West Indies. Any one of them clicks u win. And i already have top 4 who can bat through and win games single handedly. In bowling I have balanced amount of gud overs in all PP, Middle n death . Spin Dept. may look week on paper but games r not played on paper and many spin players didnt do well in ipl this time i mean only 1 spinner in top 10. In fielding only Mishra n Yusuf r on slower side rest all are bloody gud fielder and have enough gud throwing arms for deep in death overs. 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Following the rules of having 4 overseas players my team wud be

1.Warner

2.Kohli (C)

3.Rohit ( why rohit at 3 n kohli at open, simple kohli has scored more runs so i have a simple rule best batsman shud get more balls)

4.KL rahul (WK) i dnt beilve in part time keeper, but no other indian keeper batsman perfomance was upto mark so will go with him

5.Yusuf pathan ( Apart from his hitting i needed someone to give me overs of off spin )

6.Russel

7.Morris

8. Krunal Pandya (bowled better than most indian spinner, cnt have chahal as i already have mishra)

9. Mishra

10. Mcgleshan (picked over Fiz becoz i needed Someone with new ball as well Mishra, Morris, russel r there for me in middle n death overs and his extra bounce n pace has troubled indian batsman)

11. Bhuvneshwar (Over bumrah coz of his new ball skills and he is very gud at death as well so an all round bowler)

Backups- Zampa, bumrah, Mustafizur, Raydu , Chahal, Abdevillers. Didnt hve them for mostly combination reason 

Reasons for having so many hard hitter well they all are match changers and we saw how it worked for West Indies. Any one of them clicks u win. And i already have top 4 who can bat through and win games single handedly. In bowling I have balanced amount of gud overs in all PP, Middle n death . Spin Dept. may look week on paper but games r not played on paper and many spin players didnt do well in ipl this time i mean only 1 spinner in top 10. In fielding only Mishra n Yusuf r on slower side rest all are bloody gud fielder and have enough gud throwing arms for deep in death overs. 

Very interesting pick, surprised you dropped AB, but with a cap of max. 4 overseas players its very difficult to fit him in this line-up. Great job, I loved it!
If I am given the liberty to make a change, then I would replace Morris with Watson as the latter is a tad better.

1 hour ago, CricketBuffOne said:

Very interesting pick, surprised you dropped AB, but with a cap of max. 4 overseas players its very difficult to fit him in this line-up. Great job, I loved it!
If I am given the liberty to make a change, then I would replace Morris with Watson as the latter is a tad better.

As i said it was very hard to drop many player and even mustafizur, Morris is very gud death bowler and match changer with bat. I always beileve ull get gud top order indian batsman but u wnt get many gud hitter as indian batsman so i wanted overseas hitter. Morris impact is there as batsman bowler in every way 

Watson has been pretty off with bat and Morris and his speeds have huge diff, also morris yorker at death have been excellent and i cant bat watson in lower order. There is also huge diff in their fielding as well. 

1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

As i said it was very hard to drop many player and even mustafizur, Morris is very gud death bowler and match changer with bat. I always beileve ull get gud top order indian batsman but u wnt get many gud hitter as indian batsman so i wanted overseas hitter. Morris impact is there as batsman bowler in every way 

Watson has been pretty off with bat and Morris and his speeds have huge diff, also morris yorker at death have been excellent and i cant bat watson in lower order. There is also huge diff in their fielding as well. 

There is no doubt that Morris is a great package, but so is Watson. As far as this edition is concerned, there's not much between the two - While Watson scored 168 runs & took 20 wickets, Morris scored 195 runs & took 13 wickets. Morris is more economical between the two, but Watson has a better bowling strike rate & average. Guess, Kohli & AB are partly responsible for Watson's less than impressive batting performance as on quite a few occasions they didn't leave too many deliveries for him. For me Watson's vast experience tilts the scale in his favor. Having said that, I wouldn't mind Morris in place of Watson. 

3 hours ago, CricketBuffOne said:

That would make an awesome team! Though I believe bowling will weaken a little bit, but AB can very well compensate for it.

There would be an option to play a bowler in place of someone like YP if required 

2 hours ago, rett said:

There would be an option to play a bowler in place of someone like YP if required 

That should do it, but what about the batting order? At what number do AB & Rohit bat? This one is tricky as Rohit is essentially an opener in shorter formats, while AB needs to bat not below the No. 3 slot for maximum destruction.

1 hour ago, HippoSucks said:

Warner

Virat (C)

Rohit

AB

Rahul (WK)

Morris

Krunal

Bhuvneshwar

Mustafizur

Chahal

Kulkarni  

HippoSucks, hearing from you after a long time. How are you?

Nice pick & thanks for the appreciation! The tail appears a bit too long. How about adding one more all rounder?

Edited by CricketBuffOne

38 minutes ago, CricketBuffOne said:

That should do it, but what about the batting order? At what number do AB & Rohit bat? This one is tricky as Rohit is essentially an opener in shorter formats, while AB needs to bat not below the No. 3 slot for maximum destruction.

When you have the option to pick and chose anyone who played in the IPL, batting order has to be flexible. To start, my batting order would be following:

Warner

Rohit

Kohli

ABDV

Rahul 

K Pan

Morris 

Bhuvi

Mishra

Fizz

Nehra (at # 10 or 11) or Ashwin (at # 8 or 9) or YP (at #6)

Edited by rett