I was out: Symonds

Guest dada_rocks
BCCI did not help either. And Ind players and other country players did not push for it either.
Players do not have say boards have and PCB backstabbed , BCCI was up for it
Guest HariSampath
Hari, What you have said above is ur opinion, fair enough. But umpires are the ones to blame here, and ICC for not bringing in technology. Its like saying if there is a totaling mistake and a student has got 95 in an exam answer sheet(instead of actual 85) in a subject, the student should volunteer, take his answer sheet to the teacher and reduce his grade. May happen, may not happen. But the mistake lies with the one who assigned the wrong grade.
Finey...fair enough, but I remember a Chemistry exam in 11th grade school exam when I was awarded 71 out of 75 in theory and when I counted the marks, I found it was 61, and my Chemistry chief teacher had added up erroneously.., after some thought I gave my exam sheet to her saying "...maam its probably not 71, but please check"...and she corrected in final exam report..I felt awful as I could have easily got 10 points more and no one would have given a rat's arse...but I also know those 10 marks were not a reflection of my ability or performance , and just a mistake. One year later, I scored the top India Chemistry score in my 12th grade publics...99%...there is a spirit of the game, and it rewards as well as punishes.

batsmen who walk - Holy cows. Batsmen who don't walk - cheaters (as per some) But what about those who appeal for a dismissal when they clearly know it's not out? Aren't they cheaters too? I think it is unfair to call only batsmen cheaters in that perspective. To me, it's all a game..so all is fair. Some people walk...leave the team in a lurch. They come on the field and appeal for non-dismissals. What kind of a messed-up sense of ethics do they have!

Hari, What you have said above is ur opinion, fair enough. But umpires are the ones to blame here, and ICC for not bringing in technology. Its like saying if there is a totaling mistake and a student has got 95 in an exam answer sheet(instead of actual 85) in a subject, the student should volunteer, take his answer sheet to the teacher and reduce his grade. May happen, may not happen. But the mistake lies with the one who assigned the wrong grade.
That's not even the correct analogy. It would fit only walkers. In this case it would be after getting the prize for coming first and graduating to the next class, a person says there had been a totalling error. Big deal!!
Finey...fair enough, but I remember a Chemistry exam in 11th grade school exam when I was awarded 71 out of 75 in theory and when I counted the marks, I found it was 61, and my Chemistry chief teacher had added up erroneously.., after some thought I gave my exam sheet to her saying "...maam its probably not 71, but please check"...and she corrected in final exam report..I felt awful as I could have easily got 10 points more and no one would have given a rat's arse...but I also know those 10 marks were not a reflection of my ability or performance , and just a mistake. One year later, I scored the top India Chemistry score in my 12th grade publics...99%...there is a spirit of the game, and it rewards as well as punishes.
well u may have topped 12th, even if u kept the 71. dunno. anyway, my point is blame the umpire and not symmo here.
Guest HariSampath

^...No...I think that after doing so very well, I may have had the misfortune of someone counting my 99 as 39...and have failed the publics too... I didn't want it, neither want unfair credit, nor unfair poor ratings...and somehow I think these work out in a strange manner.

^...a small addition' date=' while certain players like Symmonds today and Murali Karthik in an ODI openly accept they edged the ball, but didn't walk...I have never ever heard Sachin to do so openly...even after he has benefited by an umpiring mistake, and stood his ground after edging a ball...this way accepting is a small honesty for which we have to appreciate Symmo and Murali Karthik when they could have easily said " I don't know....I just stayed back bcause umpire ruled notout...as a small stab at honesty accepting is at least a minor redeeming feature[/quote']SRT did walk, saw him myself walking at least couple of times. Stopped it all together after getting shafted by chumps regularly.
Guest HariSampath
Trust Hari Sampath to spout BS about Tendulkar at every opportunity. How many times has your hero' date=' Ponting admitted he got a life.[/quote'] STFU...shwethabh, I had always maintained that ANYBODY who knew a decision on a cricket field and tried to gain advantage , is a cheat..that INCLUDES Ponting and Sachin...and EVEN Don Bradman if he did it ( sorry Sir Donald, I know you had never done so)
Guest HariSampath
SRT did walk' date=' saw him myself walking at least couple of times. Stopped it all together after getting shafted by chumps regularly.[/quote'] but thats still cheating.... a geniune walker is someone like Gundappa Vishwanath...who walked when he knew he was out....walked out if umpire gave him unfairly out...and walked even after getting 10 bad decisions, when he knew he was out , on the 11th time. Kudos...Vishy
STFU...shwethabh' date=' I had always maintained that ANYBODY who knew a decision on a cricket field and tried to gain advantage , is a cheat..that INCLUDES Ponting and Sachin...and EVEN Don Bradman if he did it ( sorry Sir Donald, I know you had never done so)[/quote'] Why mention only Tendulkar in your initial post then?
Guest HariSampath

^ comparitive example in terms of recent Indo-Aus contests....and to point out while we are all quick at calling Symmo and Punter cheats, which they are...we happily turn a blind eye to our own "god"..Sachin who cheated so obviously just a few weeks back

Guest HariSampath

In a university game I played many years back, ( I think against mangalore or Andhra Univ)...I had struck 5 fours off a leftie in the second over of the inngs and edged the last ball...keeper dived and caught, I wasnt sure if he caught it and looked at the umpire who said notout first and then walked to squareleg umpire to check. Opposing captain, slips, everyone called out "ben ch**od ..that' out..just get lost"...I turned back to the keepr and slips and said "yes, got edge...did you catch it, I was not sure, so I stood"...Umpire , after consulting with squareleg umpire , confirmed his decision saying" he says no edge"..to which I said " sir I had an edge..and if catch was ok, I am out"..and walked, and we lost game by 33 runs. Later the opposing captain apologised to me....Just a question of believing some basic spirit of the rule stuff, which I think is important to helping umpires with conducting games.

Guest HariSampath
Sweet Jesus ! Hari Sampath sounds more and more like CC1981.... both like to blow their own horns all the time ...!:D
Baaallls....just accept you have lesser standards of honesty and double standards, and whn I point out differently, you get annoyed..LOL
Guest HariSampath
umm ur an indian tubelight.... :D ps.took u so long aah???????????????
bollycock...u may suck up to your "god" , sachin when he shows he is a mere mortal and chaeats....but don't expect me to turn a blind eye.

Symmo is no cheat. Nor is Tendulkar. I dont believe in all this good karma/bad karma when it comes to cricket. When will Bucknor ever pay for his bad karma ? He has been screwing us for years now. I've almost lost count on the no. of times, he's ruled against us. Am almost certain, Bucknor would have ruled a Tendulkar or a Dravid out, in similar circumstances, just by looking at Gilly's or Lee's reactions. The guy has something against us, clearly. BCCI morons, should stop counting their money & start doing something about this. We must pull a PCB and raise a stinker about Bucknor's bad umpiring & push ICC to sack him. We wont get a better opportunity than this. The series is gone, atleast lets salvage something out of this. Get rid of Bucknor.

Guest HariSampath

From the 3rd ODI India vs Aus , thread....I had posted..

The greatest Australian cricketer ever , Sir Donald Bradman had said after an Ashes test match incident. " I always walked if I knew it was out as I never ever wanted the opposition to think I depend on anyone's charity or my own dishonesty to succeeed, something I could always achieve with my cricketing skills on which alone I preferred to rely and moreover wanted my opposition to know this fact. That is why I did not walk when Ikin claimed the catch behind because I had hit the ball just before it hit the ground, and it was a bump ball that Ikin held although only I could have known it. The umpire sensed it and rightly ruled me notout" Don't think you can argue with such an authority on cricket , my friend, as it has all the answers you ask for, and apply equally true to all eras for its firm common sense.