I was out: Symonds

SYDNEY, January 2: Australia's saviour in the second Test, Andrew Symonds on Wednesday confessed he had nicked Ishant Sharma to Mahendra Singh Dhoni while batting on 30 and said he owed his unbeaten ton to umpire Steve Bucknor's generosity. Australia were gasping for breath at 134 for six when Symonds (137 not out) joined hands with Brad Hogg (79) to steady the rocking boat and some poor umpiring decisions only helped their cause. "I was out when I was 30," Symonds admitted without batting an eyelid after his century took Australia to 376 for seven at the SCG. Symonds was given at least one life early in his innings when he edged Ishant, still 70 runs short of his second Test century. As Indian cricketers agonised over the decision, Bucknor remained unmoved. Symonds had another reprieve on a stumping chance before making good with a 173-run record stand with Hogg to bail his side out. "I was very lucky. I was out when I was 30 and given not out," Symonds said. "That's cricket though. I could sit here and tell you about some bad decisions as well. That's the game. It's one of those things." But on a day where the howlers weren't confined to Symonds' dig - Ricky Ponting was given not out by Mark Benson on 17 when out caught behind and then sent packing LBW on 57 when clearly not out - umpiring standards and the use of technology became a hot topic. :omg: http://cricket.indiatimes.com/Symonds_confesses_he_was_out/articleshow/2669271.cms

SYDNEY' date= January 2: Australia's saviour in the second Test, Andrew Symonds on Wednesday confessed he had nicked Ishant Sharma to Mahendra Singh Dhoni while batting on 30 and said he owed his unbeaten ton to umpire Steve Bucknor's generosity. Australia were gasping for breath at 134 for six when Symonds (137 not out) joined hands with Brad Hogg (79) to steady the rocking boat and some poor umpiring decisions only helped their cause. "I was out when I was 30," Symonds admitted without batting an eyelid after his century took Australia to 376 for seven at the SCG. Symonds was given at least one life early in his innings when he edged Ishant, still 70 runs short of his second Test century. As Indian cricketers agonised over the decision, Bucknor remained unmoved. Symonds had another reprieve on a stumping chance before making good with a 173-run record stand with Hogg to bail his side out. "I was very lucky. I was out when I was 30 and given not out," Symonds said. "That's cricket though. I could sit here and tell you about some bad decisions as well. That's the game. It's one of those things." But on a day where the howlers weren't confined to Symonds' dig - Ricky Ponting was given not out by Mark Benson on 17 when out caught behind and then sent packing LBW on 57 when clearly not out - umpiring standards and the use of technology became a hot topic. :omg: http://cricket.indiatimes.com/Symonds_confesses_he_was_out/articleshow/2669271.cms
well he still stayed there knowingly..........utterly disgraceful:finger:
Of course' date=' you don't have to walk. It was cool of him to come out and say he was out. But will the match ref fine him for that??? I'm sure he would be fined if had gone to the media and disputed a decision gone the other way. In both cases the player is telling that the ump made a mistake.[/quote'] It would have been nice if Bucknor could be fined all his match fee.