The BSE/NSE Trading Thread

G_B_

34 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

Bull rally to break new highs. The long good times are here to stay given the exit polls are very much in favor of this govt. continuing. Hope the next quarter sees double digit profit margins to aid the rally further.

@velu

@randomGuy

@jusarrived

decent bull mkt is good for intraday option sellers :marchmellow:

anywya mkt have its own mind .. china vs usa war , iran issues might be a dampener for our mkts as well .. but our economy shld keep going up from strength to strength

7 minutes ago, velu said:

decent bull mkt is good for intraday option sellers :marchmellow:

anywya mkt have its own mind .. china vs usa war , iran issues might be a dampener for our mkts as well .. but our economy shld keep going up from strength to strength

The earnings were majorly in single digits in last quarter still it held off reasonably well.

But as you say the trade war and Iran factor might put some brake and pull it slightly below the days high tomorrow.

2 hours ago, velu said:

bank nifty hits all time high and closed at all time high ..

nifty closed at all high ..

good days ahead:marchmellow:

Indeed, what a fabulous day it was.

Sensex up by 3.75 %

NIFTY 50 by 3.69 %

NIFTY Small Cap 100 by 4.61 %

NIFTY Midcap 100 by 4.07%

NIFTY Bank 30579

Just wish that the exit polls results turn out to be true. Offcourse there will be some profit booking when the stocks make their life time highs post election results. On a positive note the volatility due to election will be past and it will be a broader upmove despite some corrections due to profit bookings.

On 5/19/2019 at 10:00 PM, Straight Drive said:

Bull rally to break new highs. The long good times are here to stay given the exit polls are very much in favor of this govt. continuing. Hope the next quarter sees double digit profit margins to aid the rally further.

@velu

@randomGuy

@jusarrived

4 hours ago, Straight Drive said:

Indeed, what a fabulous day it was.

Sensex up by 3.75 %

NIFTY 50 by 3.69 %

NIFTY Small Cap 100 by 4.61 %

NIFTY Midcap 100 by 4.07%

NIFTY Bank 30579

Just wish that the exit polls results turn out to be true. Offcourse there will be some profit booking when the stocks make their life time highs post election results. On a positive note the volatility due to election will be past and it will be a broader upmove despite some corrections due to profit bookings.

Even if the exit polls are proved right , I expect a big correction next month and then pick up from there towards 14-15 k in next 2 years 

6 hours ago, velu said:

bank nifty hits all time high and closed at all time high ..

nifty closed at all high ..

good days ahead:marchmellow:

I am probably the only guy who lost money on nifty today . Had 10 lots of 11800 ce bought at 227 , which I exited at 215  almost days low for some reason . It closed at 350 

Was carrying IndusInd bank CEs , sold at opening and hdfc bank CE from Friday . Still carrying Hdfc bank . Not a bad day , but it was easy one directional . I know a few noobs who made tons of money today . :(

27 minutes ago, velu said:

sold puts :marchmellow:

i wanted to avoid , but verdict is clear

Yeah I was tempted to take futures long , but stayed away . Made my money on last 2 days in IndusInd bank , hdfc bank and nifty . Today is a complete avoid for me 

#niftyat12k

Edited by jusarrived

On 3/21/2019 at 1:34 PM, jusarrived said:

Like pvt banks , I exited all PSU banks but for SBI last week ... Kotak bank , Axis , Voltas and Tata global . May be wait for this months expiry for dips .

I like RBL bank too , but long term . Even Yes bank is still a value buy imo 

Only Yes bank has been a red for me , still holding it.

SBI , Kotak and Tata global where my best returns this year :) 

Petrol prices have already rised since the yesterday's attack on Iranian general. Brent curse rose by 4 percent. Expect it to rise further as Iran retaliates in the "Strait of Hormuz". Sensex was down by 162 points. The global economy had not even recovered completely from the China-US trade war and this conflict has just begun. Very likely that this quarter we shall see a muted profitability and growth for most sectors. 2020 has started on a very bad note due to I crease of oil prices reacting to global events.

Your thoughts :

@randomGuy

@velu

4 hours ago, Straight Drive said:

Petrol prices have already rised since the yesterday's attack on Iranian general. Brent curse rose by 4 percent. Expect it to rise further as Iran retaliates in the "Strait of Hormuz". Sensex was down by 162 points. The global economy had not even recovered completely from the China-US trade war and this conflict has just begun. Very likely that this quarter we shall see a muted profitability and growth for most sectors. 2020 has started on a very bad note due to I crease of oil prices reacting to global events.

Your thoughts :

@randomGuy

@velu

I am like Cyrus the virus guy .. I dont think that far 

Its not easy to predict medium to long term 

If Iran escalates it will definitely affect the global markets 

2 hours ago, jusarrived said:

@velu

heard about new SEBI rules on intraday leverage for option writing ? What the heck are these guys up to 

I called Motilal Oswal and they told that this is not practical and most brokers will oppose this move , so mostly this upfront margin collectiom won't be implemented ..

Looks like only Zerodha guys will support this because they are losing their very active traders to high leverage discount brokers ..

Other hand sebi is considering lowering the margin for hedged trades , so it might compensate a bit in case upfront margin collection goes live ..

Also this upfront margin collection will kill all expiry day traders 

1 hour ago, velu said:

I called Motilal Oswal and they told that this is not practical and most brokers will oppose this move , so mostly this upfront margin collectiom won't be implemented ..

Looks like only Zerodha guys will support this because they are losing their very active traders to high leverage discount brokers ..

Other hand sebi is considering lowering the margin for hedged trades , so it might compensate a bit in case upfront margin collection goes live ..

Also this upfront margin collection will kill all expiry day traders 

Yeah I checked with my brokers , they all saying it’s not confirmed . 

The lower margin option for hedged I heard is coming by end of this month . So if exposure margin goes off you could short positional for around 1.2 lac .

I need some help with writing options , can you tell me what time of the day do you put your trades in and when do you normally exit ? 

13 minutes ago, jusarrived said:

Yeah I checked with my brokers , they all saying it’s not confirmed . 

The lower margin option for hedged I heard is coming by end of this month . So if exposure margin goes off you could short positional for around 1.2 lac .

I need some help with writing options , can you tell me what time of the day do you put your trades in and when do you normally exit ? 

I usually wake up by 11am :p:

I will wait from 1pm and mostly I will short before 2.30pm .. 

Will hold it till 3.15 as long as the positions are not skewed or SL is hit

2 hours ago, velu said:

I usually wake up by 11am :p:

I will wait from 1pm and mostly I will short before 2.30pm .. 

Will hold it till 3.15 as long as the positions are not skewed or SL is hit

Ok market tends to get volatile after 1:00 pm ? Do you always get decay in last 2 hours ?

And what’s your stop loss like ?