If not for Umpires, we cud have gotten Aus for 225, and we'll be in strong pos. to win SCG test

arkay

If not for Umpires, we cud have gotten Aus for 225, and we'll be in strong pos. to win SCG But now we are still not outta the woods.

If not for Umpires, we cud have gotten Aus for 225, and we'll be in strong pos. to win SCG

I hate the umpire screwups! Plz. bring technology into the deczns!!!

Guest Hiten.

STOP IT MAN....for god's sakess... im sick and tired of the IF AND BUTS thread Why don't you pray/wish/think that India will win from here on to make the umpires look like an idiot.

STOP IT MAN....for god's sakess... im sick and tired of the IF AND BUTS thread Why don't you pray/wish/think that India will win from here on to make the umpires look like an idiot.
From here on, maybe Draw we can wish for. Probability of win is too small, blue brigade. I rue the screwups becos if Aus were 220+, then 350 from India will put tremendous pressure on them. That advtg cannot be got now, can it?
rain predicted for Day 3 and Day 4... we should go and get some batting practice..
:two_thumbs_up: I hope it indeed does pour in torrents...we played well in SCG, and we deserved to win But since cheating by Umps have put Aus in strong position, they (Aus) still dont deserve to win.
How exactly does that make the umpires look like an idiot? You may be sick and tired of many things, but that doesn't change the FACT.

>How much do you think IND would have made had Laxman been given out LBW? IIRC he was batting on 20 or so and the hawkeye showed the ball was going to hit the inside of the leg stump. hawk eye..hahahaahh...when he was struck, his middle stump was visible to umpire...and no umpire can give that out...it was sliding down the leg... MP, we are talking about most obvious ones..I can give BOD to 3rd umpire for missing that one. He might have a doubt..But that blunders by Benson and Bucknor were just inexcusable.

>How much do you think IND would have made had Laxman been given out LBW? IIRC he was batting on 20 or so and the hawkeye showed the ball was going to hit the inside of the leg stump. hawk eye..hahahaahh...when he was struck, his middle stump was visible to umpire...and no umpire can give that out...it was sliding down the leg... MP, we are talking about most obvious ones..I can give BOD to 3rd umpire for missing that one. He might have a doubt..But that blunders by Benson and Bucknor were just inexcusable.
Well most here think that hawk's decision is final yet i didn't hear too many complaints when H-eye clearly suggested that the ball was going to hit the inside of the leg stump.
Well most here think that hawk's decision is final yet i didn't hear too many complaints when H-eye clearly suggested that the ball was going to hit the inside of the leg stump.
If we'd go on Hawk eye, then India would have had 25 wickets instead of just 10 in the first innings. Yes, Dravid and Laxman were lucky because of dropped catches and no balls but not because of the umpires. Umpiring has been disgraceful here and it was the same in England too where both India and England suffered alike, unlike on this tour.
Fineleg, How much do you think IND would have made had Laxman been given out LBW? IIRC he was batting on 20 or so and the hawkeye showed the ball was going to hit the inside of the leg stump.
Did they even show the hawkeye of that ball? Anyways, Chandanji already answered the question. Even if you take out the lbws, which even Lee was out first ball eg, and quite a few others denied, there have been other colossal mistakes by umps which are not forgivable.

Lbws i can understand it is umpire's discretion but him not referring to third umpire on stumping clearly shows his intent , and he didnt stop he calls for third umpire when there was a doubt when dravid was batting , what does that prove he has some kind of agenda against India

Actually' date=' Laxman did look quite plumb to me when the ball hit him, specially when you consider the fact that Lee was getting the ball to shape away from the right hander.[/quote'] You can't expect the umpire to give LBW if both off and middle wicket is visible when the ball strikes your leg against an incoming ball ! I don't think that would have been given out by most umpires.