Dhoni (in batting) and Yuvraj Singh proving to be real weak links in our middle order

fineleg

Ive always maintained that Dhoni will most likely be a non performer outside of India. he might of produced a knock or two in england but i bet if harbhajan put his head in his batting he could do the same. Please kick out rubbish dhoni. Demote him. Stop his advertisements because seeing him in those advertisments makes me want to boycot those products.

What's been most disappointing has been the aura of inevitability that has surrounded all 3 of their innings thus far on this tour. You could just tell it was only a matter of time before they were out. Yuvraj in particular is hell bent on proving why he isn't a Test player with each innings. 8 years in international cricket and he still makes the same basic mistakes against seamers. Add his inability to play decent spin...you can see why he can't make it on this level. Barring a miracle he'll soon be shown the door again. Dhoni simply lacks the technicals skills to do well here. But this is a very gritty player whose played some very important knocks over the years outside India. I still have confidence on him to do well on this tour. Dhoni's tough.

rohan feel free to do that. but i guess your anger stems more from the fact that he was promoted to be a captain (and rightly so) ahead of laxman. Dhoni has failed in three consecutive innings....i have no doubt he'll come good. Dravid was an abject failure in his first tour of australia but that never meant he couldnt deliver. Dhoni has done enough in the recent past to command a place in the team. He may not be the most pleasing or technically correct batsman around, but no one can doubt his mental toughness, determination... And rohan i look forward to more such posts from you as the team management is obviously gonna persist with Dhoni..:)
yea pretty stupid team management. A Class Player like Laxman who has played cricket for ten years cannot find himself even vice captaining india. neither can find himself on the grade A contract, which is a bunch of bullsh*t. You have guys like Dhoni who have no technique, who dont perform outside of India gettingall these promotions. biggest fluke player ever. Drop him for Karthik whose a better keeper and a better batsmen.

Very very disappointed by both these young players. I had expected them to come good on this true flat batting track at Sydney but they are not willing to apply themselves. And why are we forgetting Jaffer amidst all this? He has three failues in three innings as well and if he didn't succeed on this track, what are the probabilities of his success at Perth? In short, only the big four are clicking along with tail. And it is quite worrying.

Guest dada_rocks
Ive always maintained that Dhoni will most likely be a non performer outside of India. he might of produced a knock or two in england but i bet if harbhajan put his head in his batting he could do the same. Please kick out rubbish dhoni. Demote him. Stop his advertisements because seeing him in those advertisments makes me want to boycot those products.
:hysterical: BS Dhoni has batted well everywhere south africa west indies england

Jaffer, Dhoni and Yuvi should've at least tried. What I've hated so far is their intention to fight it out or grind it out. You could see when SRT or SCG or RD struggles, they try so hard to stay out there to get the form back, and these three idiots are trying hard to get out asap.

What is worrying more is that the 'OLDIES' all scored in the first innings. It means that the 'YOUNGIES' need to do their bit in the 2nd innings because law of averages say that the 1st innings heroes will more likely fail in the 2nd. I hope they all perform. If Aus do win this then it is not because we failed but the umpires made sure the Aussies won. I am proud of my team.

I can understand Dhoni to an extent. The bounce on Australian wickets is not easy to get used to immediately. But Yuvraj has been pathetic. The guy has played international cricket for more than 7 years and can't read Hogg! Lee made him look like a novice. If he doesn't perform in the next innings, he should be dropped pronto for Sehwag. We can't have this giving him a fair run nonsense going on if he is struggling to get into double figures. Fair run arguments would carry merit if he was at least getting 30s and 40s.

Is it just me or you guys also feel that Yuvraj is not playing with a straight bat . Me thinks , had he not played with angled bat , he wouldn't have been LBW on both the occasions in this series. Even Dravid was having the similar problem but sorted it out finally during his marathon innings of 53. I expect Dravid to play well for the rest of the series because of this.

Both Yuvi and Dhoni will stay. The team management didnt make all the changes it did in the batting order, just to dump these after two tests. The only changes i expect are Sehwag in for Jaffer and maybe, Irfan in for Bhajji in Perth.

sehwag has not been reading our domestic bowlers on flat tracks for countless innings. maybe yuvi deserves more than 2 tests? especially when he scored a century so recently and saved india the blushes? maybe you dont want to be another knee-jerk fan and be a little patient?
No it's not a knee jerk reaction. I wanted Yuvraj dropped even after the 169. He is not cut out for test cricket despite bashing the likes of Sami on a patta. He was exposed by England, couldn't buy a run in WI, and is being made to look like a fool here.