Why am I so retarded ? Plz help me

fineleg

This was one of the best knocks from the world's greatest batsman But the strategy of taking a single off the first ball of every over to give strike to Ishant makes no sense and was utterly stupid in my book. All said and done Ishant did score 23 and SRT could have gotten out if he tried too much so most is forgiven but this is all in hindsight. SRT's tactics made no sense at all- even if the field is spread for him he could have taken a single off the 4th or 5th ball instead of deliberately taking a single off the first ball. A very enjoyable innings by SRT but a lot of credit goes to HS for that vs SRT alone

I know, enough has been said on this thread so far. But I remember Sachin's 169 against SA. He was batting with Dodda Ganesh, who was as bad with the bat as a tail-ender can be. More so he was like Courtney Walsh dancing around the pitch (and not Sreesanth type dance). Sachin started attacking and got out after 12-16 runs... The point is, yes he did score fast but also did get out. The points most people are trying to make 1) Field was spread for Sachin to the extent that he could have gotten out by attacking and we would have ended with a 10 run lead and not 69. 2) From what we have seen, RPS/IS are no Courtney Walsh, they can hold their bat if need be (more like in the Kumble mold) and Sachin must have known that they are no mug with the bat, and thats why allowed them to take the strike. 3) This ensured two things, we frustrated Aussies a little more and spent a little more time on the field ensuring that we will definitely not loose and may have a chance to go for win if we can bundle them out cheaply tomorrow.
But common he played one whole over of hogg as maiden without even thinking of getting a single , and he rotated the strike on first ball of over not one time but over and over, couldnt he waited for to atleast 3rd or 4th ball.

But common he played one whole over of hogg as maiden without even thinking of getting a single ' date=' and he rotated the strike on first ball of over not one time but over and over, couldnt he waited for to atleast 3rd or 4th ball.[/quote']You probably missed how he tried to hit boundaries in the last two balls with the fielders closer, and how disappointed he was to miss a straight one.

But common he played one whole over of hogg as maiden without even thinking of getting a single ' date=' and he rotated the strike on first ball of over not one time but over and over, couldnt he waited for to atleast 3rd or 4th ball.[/quote'] yeah that was pretty stupid move the fact is that SRT was playing so good and looked so invincible that Aussies were not even thinking about getting him out- he defintiely should have shown more control of the situation I cannot call my idol as selfish and I don't believe he is but I completely fail to understand his moves yesterday- the criticism is only less severe because Ishant was able to get a few fours away but the fact is it was Sachin's game- he was the best player on the field at that time and true leaders take charge in those situations vs handing it over to others

This was one of the best knocks from the world's greatest batsman But the strategy of taking a single off the first ball of every over to give strike to Ishant makes no sense and was utterly stupid in my book. All said and done Ishant did score 23 and SRT could have gotten out if he tried too much so most is forgiven but this is all in hindsight. SRT's tactics made no sense at all- even if the field is spread for him he could have taken a single off the 4th or 5th ball instead of deliberately taking a single off the first ball. A very enjoyable innings by SRT but a lot of credit goes to HS for that vs SRT alone
Yes, suraj. A lot of hate posts on me above, nothing unexpected. You criticize SRT in this forum, it is equivalent to criticizing SG somewhere else. There are SRT worshippers and they will descend on you. As you say, "in hindsight" it worked out, but all the folks here are making SRT appear as though he knew that it would work ahead of time! Here is a quote by Blue Brigade (well he has other hate quotes on me above, which I'll omit for now)
Finey is criticizing a player 1) who helped india gain a VALUABLE lead of 69 (with help of bhajji). 2) Didn't play careless strokes like RD, VVS, SG (one of the top performers of this game) and UV, DHONI (big disappointment of this game, YET AGAIN)
I have to keep repeating myself - No one is criticizing his innings overall, and no one is criticizing the 69 with bhajji. The criticism is for the part with the #10 and #11 where the risk was considerably higher that either RPS or I.S. would have gotten out much earlier. People are saying for I.S. field was in, so he can slog. Well, he is not a regular batsman, he can attempt a slog, make the worst of stupid mistakes, and get out. He does not even have experience against the likes of B.Lee, S.Clark or M.J.!

And no, its not like I spend time and effort on countless cricket matches after matches after matches, to "want to hate". Thats a ridiculous statement by a few above. But, I'll tell you this, I expected such statements the minute the God of this Forum is severely criticized. I have two choices: Hold back the anger at what he did, and not express it, or express it and face the anger of the srt worshippers. At that point, I chose the latter. This is no "wanting to hate" game or anything. I want the Indian team to win as much or more than you all want it. The main point however is I care two hoots abt the glorified players, I want the team to win, and not interested in personal landmarks, boosting averages, not outs. Whatever the team needs from these glorified guys they need to do it. Period.

subcontinental players give too much importance for personal glories .If u check the statistics and records u can see almost all the records are held by the asian players .Less Aussies ,but they win games because of their ''team spirit .'' Viv Richards is the greatest batsman the world has ever seen for some reason.

Fineleg, "Worshippers"?? If someone is a fan of the player means he/she worships him? That is a pretty loose statement from you. It is not like I worship the eleven players of my team if I'm the fan of Indian cricket team! If I admire Sachin, doesn't mean I worship him. If I admire Rahul/Laxman/Ganguly/Kumble doesn't mean I'm their worshipper. It'll be better if you try to see the logic and strategy behind what Sachin did and what effects it had on the total. Still if you feel that he didn't do enough, then state what he should have done instead and what effect did you predict from your strategy. Then only the debate can carry forward, if you want to take it forward, that is.

Chandan, I did not necessarily mean you are one. However, what I find in a lot of instances, is people develop soft corners for some players, and then even when they are selfish, they go out of the way to defend these players. Not saying you do it, but people watch things with colored glasses or soft corner, then they refuse to see certain selfish acts.] @Zuby: I wished he was out at the end of the inn. Thats what I really wished, and stated. When Ishant Sharma finally got out, I was totally mad, that it was I.S. who was out finally! In that fit of anger, I wrote the injury statement. What I really wanted to see was SRT not getting his not out. Thats what I wanted. I did not really want SRT to be injured. The injury post was in a moment of anger, and I regretted that later, which is why I wrote an apology for that particular post.