250 is the Max that has been chased in 4th inn for victory at SCG

Bumper

Aussies would be wanting to win this one, to keep their streak going. But if they set a target, it has to be a sporting one, one that will provide India an opportunity to win the test match. Aussie bowlers will need atleast 3 sessions + 10 overs (at the end of Day 4) to bowl India out. That will be close to 100 overs. In the worst case, they would want atleast 80 overs on Day 5. That gives their batsmen roughly 80-100 overs to set a target. At 4 rpo, that will be around 300-330ish target (factoring the deficit) If Aussies do set such a target, India must go for a win at the risk of losing. But realistically speaking, the game seems to be headed for a draw.

Rain forecast for the next two days, Bumps, so a draw looks likely. However, if the weather did hold out, I don't fancy India chasing a nasty 260 on day 5. Their 4th innings record is atrocious. Pretty short odds on an Australian victory. And I don't see the Aussies collapsing to set a more abbreviated target, sorry. Miracles don't happen all that often, you know.

And I don't see the Aussies collapsing to set a more abbreviated target' date=' sorry. Miracles don't happen all that often, you know.[/quote'] Australia will want to win this. At least one man does, and very badly. Don't think an Indian win is the most probably outcome, but there's still a fair chance in my book, especially if Ponting chooses to pull out all the stops for the win (as I suspect he will - he won't want to be just 1-0 up going into Perth).

All you guys thinking that India can win this one or even draw it, I hope you are not serious. India will loose by a margin of 100+ runs. Aussies will bat almost 3 sessions today and give India a very sporting target of 340-350 to chase and as we all know, India wont be able to muster 250 as they wont go for a chase but will try to draw the game and will loose miserably. India does not have the bowling to restrict the Aussies and does not have the batting or the heart to score over 200 runs in a test match's 4th innings overseas.

If not for Bucknor.. This test India should be leading more than 250 runs if not for cheater (Symonds) and umpire Bucknor will the real justice be served by India defeating Australia in 2nd test match. India are leading in this match in spite of this horrible umpiring and what do Aussies come up with racial accusations, harbhajan has played over 60 matches , he was never accused of anything now they concoct this ridiculous accusation it is coming from a person who admitted he cheated.Why are Aussies suddenly looking like cry babies. Indian chose not to protest against umpiring to show the world that they are not looking for excuses to beat Australia if they beat them they want it to be done the right way. We have heard Ricky ponting's complaining earlier also anyone remember the mumbai test match where they were all out for 93 , he was first to jump on pitch condition , well dont Australia prepare fast pitches to suit their fast bowlers when did indians complain about that , The idea of international cricket is to play in all sorts of pitches and weather conditions. Your views

but doesn't make you wonder what if
Thats what takes the shine away from some of the greatest moments lets say it ends up being a close match and somehow Aussies wnd up winning or escaping narrowly there will always be an asterik associated with their triumph- again a stronger case for technology and use of challenges But what I meant was that our goal should be try and win despite all these mishaps; it will be counted as a memorable victory then
When was the last time India didn't collapse facing a sporting total in the 4th innings?
Good question...lets make it specific, when was the last time India didn't collapse chasing a 4th Inn total of 300+ and when we had more than 3 sessions to bat. 1. At Home 2. Away Stats gurus of ICF, pls. help.