Who runs the ICC, the president or Malcolm Speed

I have wondered this for years. WHY IS IT THAT WHENEVER THERE IS ANY CONTROVERSY MALCOLM SPEED IS THE FIRST ONE TO GIVE HIS OPINION ON THINGS????????? The presidents of the ICC continually change yet its always Malcolm Speed (An Aussie!!) who seems to be running the show. It seems to me that he runs the ICC and has these fony presidents come in every few years, who practically do nothing!!!

Aus voted against "Appeals/Challenge" system: Malcolm Speed: but we will try again in 2008 ICC to trial third umpire appeal system in Sep 2008 Major blunders by umpires Steve Bucknor and Mark Benson have dominated discussion during the SCG Test and could accelerate the need for greater technological help for umpires. The Indians have been so infuriated with Bucknor that team management has been ordered by its governing board to lodge an official complaint. Speed had pushed for this system to be used at the 2006 Champions Trophy in India, but majority support was not forthcoming from cricket's powerbrokers. "Australia was against the trial at that stage as was Pakistan and some other countries." There is a push to allow all decisions - particularly lbw shouts and delicate edges behind - to be reviewed by television replays. In a bid to help the two on-field umpires, Speed hopes a system giving teams three chances to appeal to the third umpire will be trialled at the Champions Trophy tournament in Pakistan in September 2008.

Ofcourse aussies dont want this. As then there influence on umpires will be lost, as referal system will correct bad decisions. I think we should use technology for edges but not LBWs, in a referal system I think hot spot is brilliant for edges, if you have 4 hot spot cameras covering four sides that would conclusively tell you if the ball has been nicked or not.

shti, i thought the BCCI ran ICC......they're ha;lf way on a move from london to mumbai aren't they? in 2 yrs they will complete the shift by leaving Dubai....:hysterical::hysterical: but seriously, why is an aussie running it? aussie's coaching around world too? winning everything in sight? its an aussie conspiracy i tells ya! watch out for those aussie cheats! you can't trust those ex convicts! :hysterical: could it be that were are pretty successful in administration, coaching, playing the game? noooooooooo, not possible......all india seem to be good at is generating the $$$