The Great BUCKNOR Thread

Speed defends Bucknor, Benson January 06, 2008 16:42 Steve Bucknor and Mark Benson may have reduced themselves to laughing stock with a series of dubious decisions in the Sydney Test but ICC [images] chief executive Malcolm Speed [images] believes it was just a bad day in the office for the umpires. Speed said it was just a bad match even though he stressed on the need for the officials do perform well to win the respect of the players. "It's a difficult job made more difficult by technology and improvements in technology. I think we have the best umpires available. "Generally they've performed very well. From time to time there is a bad match," Speed was quoted as saying by The Australian newspaper. Both the umpires made a series of blunders, which influenced the outcome of the Sydney Test to a large extent. Speed said umpires must maintain high standards if they expected players to respect their decisions. "They're the issues we've been seeking to take out of the game. We want players to respect umpires and respect the umpires' decision. "It's up to the umpires though to perform at a high level to ensure that the players respect their decisions," Speed said. http://ia.rediff.com/cricket/2008/jan/ 06speed.htm :mad::mad:

I could rename it to : Speed makes a case for technology

"It's a difficult job made more difficult by technology and improvements in technology. I think we have the best umpires available.
Here Speed admits that his best umpires perform worse compared to technology.
Speed said umpires must maintain high standards if they expected players to respect their decisions.
Here Speed said that they need higher standards of umpiring than is currently available with his "best umpires"
"They're the issues we've been seeking to take out of the game. We want players to respect umpires and respect the umpires' decision.
And Here Speed admits that currently umpires get no respect from the players

I can to an extent, excuse Benson (except that one howler against Ganguly Benson was OK). But Bucknor's got a history against us. As a black man, who has been a target of racial abuse by whites, wouldnt it make more sense for him to back his own kind ?

I expected such balatant lie from Malcom Speed. Speed is leader of Ummah of "White supremascist" Aussie mentality in Cricket.... They want to dominate world cricket by hook or crook... But hey, we have a $hyt in our own backyard in the name of BCCI....so why bother thinking about son of Speed.

A bad day is different to a terrable decisions over 5 days and especially against India. It's a high time now players should also protest against it and media should hype it as much as possible within common man so they can pressurize BCCI to take stringent steps.

Facking moron Speed "I think we have the best umpires available." Does he really think all the cricket watching folks are gualible can take whatever s h i t he can dish out. The incompetent nincompoops shuld be thrown ut of the game. Disgrace and imcompetance starts at the top Speed

Bucknor booted out

ibnlive_small.gif

Bucknor booted out, not to officiate in third Test CNN-IBN zero.gif60108bucknor248.jpg KICKED OUT: Indian team management and the BCCI complained to the ICC against Bucknor. New Delhi: The International Cricket Council (ICC) has withdrawn Steve Bucknor from umpiring in third Test match between India and Australia. The third Test of the four-match series will be played in Perth from January 16-20. Bucknor has been in the eye of storm following his poor umpiring in the second Test at Sydney where his decisions always went against the Indians. The Indian team management and the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) lodged complaints to the ICC against Bucknor asking for his removal from the remaining matches. Two of his prominent gaffes were when he did not refer to the third umpire a stumping call against Andrew Symonds. Replays showed the Australia all-rounder’s foot wasn't grounded inside the crease when the bails came off. And then on the fifth day, Bucknor undid Rahul Dravid and declared him out caught behind though the ball had clearly brushed his pad. Fellow umpire Mark Benson, too, was responsible for a string of bad decisions in the Test that India lost by 122 runs on Sunday. Australia lead the series 2-0. zero.gif

why are you guys letting Benson go. It was Benson that gave Ganguly out when he wasnt sure and accepted Ponting's gesture that it was out. I mean how pathetic was that. On top of that Ponting in the post match conference says that you all see how I play my game in the first innings. I would reply to that, you knicked it and stayed there. On top of that, he says he didnt grass Dhoni's catch. What a poor reasoning by Ponting.

why are you guys letting Benson go. It was Benson that gave Ganguly out when he wasnt sure and accepted Ponting's gesture that it was out. I mean how pathetic was that. On top of that Ponting in the post match conference says that you all see how I play my game in the first innings. I would reply to that, you knicked it and stayed there. On top of that, he says he didnt grass Dhoni's catch. What a poor reasoning by Ponting.
benson is the first victim to punished . He should be banned in international cricket and fined for consulting with Ricky Ponting