Video of umpiring goofups (compiled video incl. brett lee no-ball to bowl)

fineleg

Australia must be ashamed at the way the played this game ! So much for playing within the spirit and all that bull-crap ! Their batsman edged to keepers and slips and yet stood their ground, their bowlers appealed for blatantly not-out cases, their fielders claimed catches that they never took. Shame on you Aus ! Lost all the respect for you !

Australia must be ashamed at the way the played this game ! So much for playing within the spirit and all that bull-crap ! Their batsman edged to keepers and slips and yet stood their ground, their bowlers appealed for blatantly not-out cases, their fielders claimed catches that they never took. Shame on you Aus ! Lost all the respect for you !
has to be the most exciting match for you mm. :D so many umpiring goofups. yummy.... :giggle:
has to be the most exciting match for you mm. :D so many umpiring goofups. yummy.... :giggle:
I have made my stand quite clear on many occasions. I am quite comfortable with the umpires influencing a cricket match with their decisions, but in this match, they have decided the outcome, much beyond acceptable levels. As Kumble himself said " Yes, on a cricket pitch, things do happen, but in this match, too many things have happened".
Guest dada_rocks

When they influence then outcome gets decided.. Only difference is that th is time they influenced more..... It's like Isaying with stealing is kosher while noone is watching or the person bearing the brunt of that steal doesn't go bankrupt but when the steal results into bankrupcy then I have problem. tyhieving stealing is stealing doesn't matter how rich the guy being shafted is. Similarlry influencing is cheating lower level of cheating where a team doesn't get royally shafted ( sometimes they do like Sangkara's case where win was snatched by umpireing goof-ups) but cheating nonentheless... Anyone who sees poetry in lower level of cheating has no right to complain when the level goes up..

^ They are meant to influence, and after watching all these years if you still dont get it, i am sorry, i cant help you. And with respect to your

Anyone who sees poetry in lower level of cheating has no right to complain when the level goes up..
I have always believed umpiring controversies add to spice up the game and in a way, this game has justified what i am saying. This game has made international headlines, albeit for the wrong reasons. If cricket were to be a monotonous contest between bat and ball, half of you will stop watching.
I have made my stand quite clear on many occasions. I am quite comfortable with the umpires influencing a cricket match with their decisions' date=' but in this match, they have decided the outcome, [b']much beyond acceptable levels.
If a few screwups are exciting, why aren't several screwups even more exciting?
Guest dada_rocks
^ They are meant to influence, and after watching all these years if you still dont get it, i am sorry, i cant help you. And with respect to your I have always believed umpiring controversies add to spice up the game and in a way, this game has justified what i am saying. This game has made international headlines, albeit for the wrong reasons. If cricket were to be a monotonous contest between bat and ball, half of you will stop watching.
It's not spice sir it's downright cheating/thuggery /incompetence lower level or higher level hardly matters.. this is tyhe freakign only sport where I see people putting forward thuggery at worst or downright incompetence at best some kind of beauty of game.. it's not beautiful from whatever angle one looks.. noboyd watches cricket to see how MANy PMS attack umpires get or in how many riidculous ways they cud devise a batsman;s demise.. people come to see contest between bat and ball and every possible effort sud be made to keep it like that..