Tennis :2017 season

tweaker

37 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

Not even the 500 event at barcelona ?!

Thats a long-ass break.

There is a 250 event near his home in Geneva, just a week before French Open, he might opt for that or play one of Madrid or Rome ATP 1000. Though he hasn't clearly stated that he is going to miss all 1000 events, but it looks likely he will. 

Geneva might turn out to be his soul event going into Roland Garros.

11 hours ago, Cricketics said:

There is a 250 event near his home in Geneva, just a week before French Open, he might opt for that or play one of Madrid or Rome ATP 1000. Though he hasn't clearly stated that he is going to miss all 1000 events, but it looks likely he will. 

Geneva might turn out to be his soul event going into Roland Garros.

Yeah. He apparently said that his knee felt really 'weird' on clay last year. Yeah he was probably under-cooked physically and rushed his knee a bit, but perhaps that is indicative why Roger just wants to avoid clay at this stage.

Thats too bad, because Federer is honestly much, much better clay-courter to win just 1 FO. I dearly wanted to see him win atleast one more in his career and held out hope till last year- as he still remained somehow relevant in the FO picture till like 2-3 years ago. But now, i must admit that FO is just not possible for the Fed. 

Too bad, because a guy who's FO history is 'ran into the greatest claycourter ever in the finals/SF and couldn't only beat him to finally winning his FO when the greatest suffers shock defeat', deserves more than 1 FO.

But anyways,looking forward to seeing the Fed in action during the grass tour. 

Dearly wish Grass had atleast 1 masters event. 

*sigh*

On 4/3/2017 at 2:52 AM, Dil Dil India said:

@zep1706 is having a meltdown elsewhere and seems to be taking veiled digs at Federer's fitness levels. Nadal fanatic in absolute ruins. Great times for tennis. Federer is the GOAT! Deal with it.

I am only raising the same questions that Fedtards like you have raised about Nadal for a decade (and Djokovic too when he started beating Federer regularly), so don't get your panties in a twist when someone else does that to Federer. It is astonishing what Federer has been able to do this year and trust me I am not the only one who's astonished. Fedtards like you started calling him old since 2008 and here we are in 2017, Federer at 35+ is outlasting everyone in long 5, 3 setters, it is indeed very strange. I have in general moved on from these obsessions(tennis, cricket etc) a very long time ago. I only see them as sports now and don't take anything "emotionally". I hardly post on TW or here and I have other things to worry about in life now. So stop dragging me to your ****, I know being the little piggy that you are you like a good mud wrestling but you won't get it from me. Try somewhere else. Bye.

BTW for anyone wondering what this turd was talking about, here it is 

https://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php?threads/is-federer-the-fittest-athlete-ever.586793/

Edited by zep1706

To add to what I said above, as much as I would have liked Nadal to win the AO or Miami, part of me is actually glad with Federer's comeback. Fedtard cult won't be able to accuse Nadal for 2013 anymore. Just go back to the threads of 2013-2014 on this very site and see what I am talking about. 

2 hours ago, zep1706 said:

I am only raising the same questions that Fedtards like you have raised about Nadal for a decade (and Djokovic too when he started beating Federer regularly), so don't get your panties in a twist when someone else does that to Federer. It is astonishing what Federer has been able to do this year and trust me I am not the only one who's astonished. Fedtards like you started calling him old since 2008 and here we are in 2017, Federer at 35+ is outlasting everyone in long 5, 3 setters, it is indeed very strange. I have in general moved on from these obsessions(tennis, cricket etc) a very long time ago. I only see them as sports now and don't take anything "emotionally". I hardly post on TW or here and I have other things to worry about in life now. So stop dragging me to your ****, I know being the little piggy that you are you like a good mud wrestling but you won't get it from me. Try somewhere else. Bye.

BTW for anyone wondering what this turd was talking about, here it is 

https://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php?threads/is-federer-the-fittest-athlete-ever.586793/

Nice try.

Firstly, I've never said anything like that about Nadal, so you're lying through your teeth. Not the first time for you of course so that's par for the course.

Secondly, I am really enjoying the meltdown of Nadal tards such as yourself. When there is no 40 seconds between points, the moonballing grunter is not able to take it to others. 

Finally, I am really enjoying the childish insults you throw my way and the ad hominem attacks.  Of course it is a way for you to release your frustration so that's great news. To see Nadaltards such as yourself having a glorious meltdown is the best thing ever. Federer is GOAT, deal with it.

P.S No-one called Federer old in 2008..he had mono in 2008 and a back injury in 2013. He actually played through with problems unlike Nadal which inflated the already surface skewed H2H. They played 8 times over those 2 years and ONCE during Wimbledon 2014-WTF 2015.

48 minutes ago, Dil Dil India said:

Nice try.

Firstly, I've never said anything like that about Nadal, so you're lying through your teeth. Not the first time for you of course so that's par for the course.

Secondly, I am really enjoying the meltdown of Nadal tards such as yourself. When there is no 40 seconds between points, the moonballing grunter is not able to take it to others. 

Finally, I am really enjoying the childish insults you throw my way and the ad hominem attacks.  Of course it is a way for you to release your frustration so that's great news. To see Nadaltards such as yourself having a glorious meltdown is the best thing ever. Federer is GOAT, deal with it.

P.S No-one called Federer old in 2008..he had mono in 2008 and a back injury in 2013. He actually played through with problems unlike Nadal which inflated the already surface skewed H2H. They played 8 times over those 2 years and ONCE during Wimbledon 2014-WTF 2015.

Enjoy. After a decade long scars from all those losses it is understandable. Just stop stalking me and dragging me to your nonsense. 

7 minutes ago, zep1706 said:

Enjoy. After a decade long scars from all those losses it is understandable. Just stop stalking me and dragging me to your nonsense. 

Good - it is best you choose to call it a day after being exposed for being a liar. Your modus operandi seems to be throwing around lies and insults hoping no-one calls you out on them. I'd have thought you'd have learned your lesson after muloghonto and some of the others owned you but clearly you still try your thing from time to time.

As for scars, 18>14. Even the useless H2H metric now actually has Federer leading Rafa on 2 surfaces. Chum jetze :D

Edited by Dil Dil India

8 hours ago, Dil Dil India said:

Good - it is best you choose to call it a day after being exposed for being a liar. Your modus operandi seems to be throwing around lies and insults hoping no-one calls you out on them. I'd have thought you'd have learned your lesson after muloghonto and some of the others owned you but clearly you still try your thing from time to time.

As for scars, 18>14. Even the useless H2H metric now actually has Federer leading Rafa on 2 surfaces. Chum jetze :D

Since you denied saying anything I actually went back and checked the old threads and you are right. I wouldn't have said this otherwise, but you were probably the only Fed fan who said at that time that it wasn't right to accuse someone without any evidence. So I stand corrected and also apologize (From my memory Yoda also said something similar but I didn't find his post). Anyway, that being said you should enjoy Federer wins instead of trying to unnecessarily pick a fight with me and drag me to your posts and you have done that more than once. It's ok, it's just a game. Relax. Also you are wrong about my post on TTW, I did not accuse Federer. If you have followed it over the years, a large number of Fed fans have been posting crap about Nadal with subtle allegations, it was just a mild reminder that two can play that game, especially now.  

Edited by zep1706

On 4/3/2017 at 2:32 AM, Cricketics said:

Don't care how Nadal had deteriorated, it is all the class of actually Federer which is making him look even more bad. Nadal was fine untill semis when he was beating everyone.

Federer is just playing too good.

3 wins against Nadal in a row this year.  I am loving this. I hope this keeps on going on and they keep meeting and Federer keep destroying him.

Loving this Federer run. 

Nah Nadal got bagelled by kohlschreiber. Who would have thought?

Nadal's movement, speed has declined.

But seeing his FH breakdown easily against Federer whom he handled easily during most part of the career doesn't look good for Rafa. Clay season only hope for nadal.

I can see him retire after next year French Open if this year turns out to be a miserable one for him.

I don't think any of Nadal, Murray or Djokovic are gonna retire anytime soon, barring chronic injuries. Tennis of the 21st century has effectively increased lifespan of a tennis player from 31-32 to 36-37. 

Its counter-intuitive, but i have a sports medicine doctor buddy, who thinks that the physical baseline tennis is actually elongating careers of players. This is because while baseline tennis requires higher fitness level than serve and volley, serve and volley is basically continuously lunging and stretching at full extension everytime, which leads to quicker breakdown of the back.

The likes of Federer, Haas, Ferrer etc. are proving that you can maintain your standard in tennis till 35-36.

Reason for Federer's longevity and incredible stamina :

• He does not prolong rallies.He is a true aggressive player unlike an aggressive retriever like Nadal,Murray or Djokovic.It stems from him being born in the era of great server&volley-ers.

• He has an eastern to semi western grip which means that more often than not, his action does not end up way over his shoulders unlike Djokovic or Nadal.This definitely reduces stress on upper body.

• His weight is in the front, leaning into the shot, which means the resistance to his body/wrists/forearms from the ball is far lesser than it is to other players.Again a direct result of having a old school grip which does not allow the ball to climb up on you.

• Great serve with an effective motion that allows him to shorten points

• Federer is all muscle and yet relatively lighter.The ATP website states that Nadal and Federer weigh almost the same , but I doubt that is the case.Federer does not have to move all that weight around and is light on his feet thereby reducing the strain on his body.

• Federer has been scheduling his matches really smartly which helps

• Federer also takes great care of his body and his fitness regimen.I believe he has a pad in Dubai and trains in extreme weather to prepare himself.Pagnini , his fitness guy, is a genius.

• Also , having a One handed BH helps,you do not need to contort your body to a greater extent to hit strokes.

Quite simply, Federer is born to play tennis.

Davis cup this week.

Pathetic by AITA again. I understand that they wanted to groom young players and hence dropped Leander, but what is patetic is their handling and their timing. They should have dropped him from previous tie when he was out of form and was losing every game and that time we had options since our no.1 singles player was Yuki whom you could depend on to win games.

But Yuki Bhambri, our no.1 singles player isn't playing this week, which means we are even more weak this week with so many youngsters, and now they decided to drop Leander who has surprisingly found his form back and won a challenger tournament last week.

Absolute pathetic from AITA. Bopanna has been losing in every first round match he is playing and he is going to be paired up with some youngster. Should have stuck with Leander and Bopanna for this tournament or called Purav and Divij who are an All-Indian team on ATP tour and would have given a better fight and won too.

Now we have put our Doubles tie open and Uzbekistan can actually win this easily because our single players are pretty weak. 

24 minutes ago, kumar713 said:

Clay season begins:boxing:

Watch out for random unknown spanish players doing well in random tournaments. Its their bread and butter. 

Even players like Granollers will do well on Clay. Also Tommy Robredo is back from injury just to make sure he doesn't miss clay season.

It is like Diwali for the next 2 months for all the Spaniards. 

On 4/18/2017 at 5:52 PM, Muloghonto said:

I am expecting this clay season to be the 'breakout season' for Dominic Thiem. He's threatened to be the 'next clay star' since last year. 

Would love to see this guy succeed. btw, Murray had a tough outing with Muller. Thought Muller stretcdd him well, meanwhile Nadal and Djoker both survived in Monte Carlo too as tournament reaches business end.