Do you want the tour to be called off ?

Chandan

Do you want the tour to be called off ?  

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No
    • Can't say

Guest HariSampath

what about the legal angle ? what does Australian law say about racism ? If ICC has really considered the case and if Bhajji is guilty of racism, should not Australian law take its course and a case filed against Bhajji ? If such a case cannot be sustained legally, then how can Bhajji be held to be racist by ICC , based on the uncorroborated testimony of two Aussies ? If what Bhajji has said or supposed to have said is hurting sentiments of a race according to Aussie sensibilities, as claimed, where is such an evidence in Australian law. Does Aus law define racism and the proof thereof ? Moreover as sensitive as racism , is also the issue of being publicly labelled "racist" . What has the Australian PM said about this, as he was very much with the Indians in their dressing room on the same day, almost at the same time, and was even doing commentary when Ishant Sharma was batting. Isnt he a cricket fan ? what are the views of Mr Kevin Rudd on the behavior of Aussie cricketers and their skipper Ponting in particular ?

Guest HariSampath
i dont want to labour the point Hari' date=' its not going to get me anywhere but to an aussie not of white skin colour and to any fair minded anglo australian this [u']is a racist term. if he said it, it is racist, if he didn't say it then there is no basis for suspension and charge immediately should be dropped and apologies issued. i don't argue that part of it at all. i wish the match ref would make public his decision and why/how he arrived at it....this would explain it to everyone. and if he didn't say it i can understand all this.
so how do you decide whether he said it or not?
Guest HariSampath

What happened to the Australian citizens of anglo saxon origin who shouted racist chants at Indians in the Melbourne ground ? have racist cases been filed against them ? I believe that they were just evicted and a life ban issued ( not sure) from MCG....but is this enough ? what about criminal charges under Australian law ? If that had not taken place, what locus standii does the Australians have in addressing issues of racism. When there were racist chants against Symmonds in India, charges were filed by the local authorities, has it been done by Aussie authorities ?

if you guys take your bat and balls and go home this will have very serious consequences internationally. i have heard comments on here about bcci being richest board, lets flaunt it......this doesn't win friends, respect etc amongst other cricketing nations and goes a long way in replacing the aussies as the side everyone loves to hate so much. if we could find a way to resolve this that would be the best option but may not happen. i would prefer India to continue on, i saw some wonderful cricket on the 4 days i went in sydney. i also saw some very poor cricket from both sides too and abominable decisions made by umpires. umpires should go yes but would like to see India play on. resolve appeal ( but don't know how this will happen since he has been found guilty ) somehow...and continue on.....if hogg found guilty of tit-for-tat indian charge aussies sure to appeal too. can someone correct me if i am wrong, but didn't Innzy Al-Huq appeal his guilty charge and then get off? /not voting as this is a Indian poll
What nonsense! Taking a stand against bullies will have the rest of the cricketing world who have had enough of the aussie thug brand of cricket comming behind the Indian cricket management.
so how do you decide whether he said it or not?
how can anyone? indian players ( SRT & Bhajji ) say he didnt, aussie players say he did ( 5 of them )_....someone is incorrect ( and i wont get into it as other have here ) obviously procter has decided he said it....as i said earlier he should make public how he arrived at this... i created a thread earlier saying bhajji should be found not guilty as it was inconclusive....one players word against another...obviously procter missed my post on that....
What nonsense! Taking a stand against bullies will have the rest of the cricketing world who have had enough of the aussie thug brand of cricket comming behind the Indian cricket management.
beetle, thats your and many indian supporters take on it. other people/countries will have a different take on it.... but my point about bcci throwing its weight around ( maybe not here but in future ) is still pertinent. don't become/act/replace the team you all profess to hate.

mmm, some pole skewing go on perhaps? the daily telegraph is the most xenophobic, bigoted australia only, right wing, rupert murdoch owned newspaper....they stopped printing page 3 girls only 15 years ago....their readers would not be saying this...the sydney morning herald reader would say this though....

a little more up market than the tele but still right wing,fox news and also owned by murdoch.....when the disgraceful iraq invasion when ahead, it was one of 189 murdoch owned papers worldwide to say "f@ck yeah, lets do it"...when 65% of australians were against invasion...

I am yet to see or hear a single Ind team player or member of management come out and say - " Bhajji didnt say anything racist". Make your own judgments.
What do you want them to do? Put up banners. The team has been saying it...the management has been saying it Sachin said it at the hearing. He said it after the hearing. He smsed the bcci about it.What more do you want?

continue the tour, try and win the remaining two matches that will send a more strong message then coming back ohh and almost forgot and dish it out to the aussie players with interest. if the tour does go on then what a time for kirsten to come in as the coach.. if he he is able to some how bring back the josh in the team. kumble was almost fedup at the press conference ...poor guy . if they can come back from this ( know its almost difficult ) but still...

Don't want the tour to be called off. Play like lions in the remaining tests and try and level the series.
We played like a lion at Sydney. What happened? When more than 40% decisions go against you, it is hard to win the match. And I just can't imagine how can you expect the players to forget the trauma of whatever happened in this match, on and off the field and pick themselves up to produce another winning performance!!