Davis Cup 2017 - Indis vs New Zealand

Cricketics

This is going to be a tough tie it looks like with Rohan not there in doubles and Saketh Myneni already withdrawing from the series. 

Lot of pressure on Bhambri to deliver. Ram K will play the two singles as the replacement to Saketh.

Here is what the schedule looks like

Day 1 - Bhambri V Finn

Ram Kumar V Statham

Day 2 - Paes/Vishnu V Sitak/Venus

Day 3 - Reverse Singles

On 05/02/2017 at 0:28 AM, Cricketics said:

Yes, pathetic. Paes needs to retire from Davis cup a'd we need to get Divij and Purav for our next Davis cup tie.

I hope Yuki Bhambri wins it tomorrow so we do not have to wait till game 5 which will not be easy for Ram Kumar

Let's go Bhambri and Ram Kumar. 

There is not one guy who likes Paes or gets along with him . He has very good backing of AITA .

Both combined are ruining Indian Tennis . 

9 hours ago, jusarrived said:

There is not one guy who likes Paes or gets along with him . He has very good backing of AITA .

Both combined are ruining Indian Tennis . 

I am his biggest fan but country for me comes first. I want to make sure Purav and Divij are chosen. Any combination which gives us a better chance of winning that doubles tie, should be picked. Our top ranked doubles player is Bopanna, but he has a pathetic doubles record at David cup and also he does not have a regular Indian partner whom he can combine and play with great camaraderie in one tournament like Davis cup. Divij and Purav play together on the tour and hence for the future of Indian tennis, they need to be tried. Even they are getting old as they both recently started doing well, but they can easily give us 2-3 years of Davis cup doubles victories I feel at least. They should be chosen for the next tie now against Uzbekistan, which will have Denis Istomin too on the other side of the court.