Player Retention for Teams.

beetle

@Magneto

"As we speak today, the contract states that the two new teams Pune and Gujarat will go out, so that’s the fact of the matter. When we bought the team, it was very clear that we will be buying it only for two years and after two years, these two teams will go out and the other two will come back, so that’s the way it is,” said Keshav Bansal.

Earlier, BCCI CEO Rahul Johri had confirmed that CSK and RR will return to the IPL next year.

3 minutes ago, BeautifulGame said:

Both RPS and GL are scrapped for next season.

Check the GL owner interview yesterday

So apparently, the BCCI CEO has said two things 1) both franchises would be scrapped  2) no player retention allowed.

Edited by Magneto

So apparently, the BCCI CEO has said two things 1) both franchises would be scrapped  2) no player retention allowed.

The second point they will have to discuss and decide at IPL governing council.

I think apart from Punjab and DD, everyone will be in favour of retaining players.

The idiot owners for punjab let yuvi go after the 3rd season:facepalm: Anyone with even a minute business sense would have retained yuvi because  of his brand, Punjab team needs a face, hopefully they buy yuvi next year

7 minutes ago, beetle said:

Hypothetical fun thread.

Ok. I see. Hopefully IPL will introduce some level of retention.

Anyway,

if I were MI, I would retain Bumrah, Rohit, Pollard

RSPG - Smith, Stokes, Tripathi

KKR - Narine, Lynn, Gambhir

RCB - Kohli, ABDV

DD - Pant

GL - Raina

SRH - Warner, Bhuvi, Dhawan

KXIP - Maxwell, Sandeep Sharma

Just now, kira said:

The idiot owners for punjab let yuvi go after the 3rd season:facepalm: Anyone with even a minute business sense would have retained yuvi because  of his brand, Punjab team needs a face, hopefully they buy yuvi next year

IIRC they didnt leave him

there was some problem due to which KXIP was banned and all the players went into the pool.But before IPL started they were reinstated by the court but couldnt buy Yuvi back

they go for him every season upto a point