BCCI officials furious at proposal to cut allowance

Are you really surprised?  Babus are the same everywhere.  And BCCI is stinking rich - makes 100s of crores just in interest income.   The "honorary" office is and always has been utter BS.  The perks are massive as this story points out.  Not to mention, the ability to get "projects" approved for respective state associations.   Dharamsala is an excellent stadium, but isn't it a great co-incidence that a new stadium was built and paid for by the BCCI in a area with relatively low population density, and also gets awarded hosting rights for a bunch of major games, right around the time that the local official gets to the top echeleons of BCCI power.   

6 minutes ago, Ultimate_Game said:

Why do you think politicians like Sharad Pawar and Thakur or businessmen like Srinivasan want to get involved and run BCCI? :giggle:  It's all due to money and obviously the "management" will get the biggest cut :phehe: 

One good thing that I hope comes out of the whole CoA chaos - is a revenue-sharing compensation model for Indian cricketers - and not just the international ones.   Domestic ones don't need to make windfall millions, but the establishment of a players fund - from the revenue share - secured funding for player pensions, injury and medical treatment - across all levels of FC cricket, and some sort of player organization - that would really be good for the players and in turn good for the long-term future of the game in India.  BCCI does "look after" the players - but is extremely ad-hoc and by fiat - not institutionalized.  They paid for the treatment and rehab for Shami etc, even compensated him for missing out on the IPL when he put his body on the line for the Indian team for 2015 WC - but this sort of thing should not be a one-off - it should be codified and made permanent.  Indian cricket can definitely afford it.  

2 minutes ago, sandeep said:

One good thing that I hope comes out of the whole CoA chaos - is a revenue-sharing compensation model for Indian cricketers - and not just the international ones.   Domestic ones don't need to make windfall millions, but the establishment of a players fund - from the revenue share - secured funding for player pensions, injury and medical treatment - across all levels of FC cricket, and some sort of player organization - that would really be good for the players and in turn good for the long-term future of the game in India.  BCCI does "look after" the players - but is extremely ad-hoc and by fiat - not institutionalized.  They paid for the treatment and rehab for Shami etc, even compensated him for missing out on the IPL when he put his body on the line for the Indian team for 2015 WC - but this sort of thing should not be a one-off - it should be codified and made permanent.  Indian cricket can definitely afford it.  

What I'm afraid of is that with the lowered revenue for BCCI/India, the domestic players in need will be the worst hit.

2 minutes ago, Ultimate_Game said:

What I'm afraid of is that with the lowered revenue for BCCI/India, the domestic players in need will be the worst hit.

IIRC, they are already on a fixed match-fee type setup, which is fairly generous compared to earlier.  So I don't think they would be facing pay-cuts or anything. But a revenue-share linked model could bump it up to levels where they would get around .5 to 1 cr per year - which would be amazing for a Ranji player.  

2 minutes ago, sandeep said:

IIRC, they are already on a fixed match-fee type setup, which is fairly generous compared to earlier.  So I don't think they would be facing pay-cuts or anything. But a revenue-share linked model could bump it up to levels where they would get around .5 to 1 cr per year - which would be amazing for a Ranji player.  

IMO some sort of pension funds and some better support systems for Ranji players and players who were fringe Ranji players would be good to have. If you look after your domestic players and invest in grass roots and infrastructure, you are bound to have a strong national team.