Meet Jagmeet Singh: The new NDP leader of Canadian Political Party

PBN

1 hour ago, PBN said:

hey you said she was planted. if you want your statement to be credible, then  time to show proof or else it's just an empty statement by a random unknown person on the internet.

then ignore my view. But speaking of credibility maybe Jagmeet can follow through with some proof of his own. After all he is a leader of a political party and not an unknown person on the internet.

Canadian politician Jagmeet Singh accuses India of interfering in campaign to head party

http://www.hindustantimes.com/punjab/jagmeet-singh-alleges-india-interfering-with-his-campaign/story-snuR99k4oeWxinhZjS1QaK.html

7 hours ago, PBN said:

what a rubbish post. Do you have any idea of the workings of politics?  Obviously, leaders change every few years if they fail to deliver the results.  Goras?  what is this inferiority complex you seem to be carrying on your shoulder. 

4bUV7Ls.gif

In a way i am glad he is in the spotlight.

Should be noted that Liberals have 4 Sikh MP's in their federal cabinet. I wonder with Jagmeet eats into their voteshare.

the NDP have done well when the liberals have not. They have done poorly when the liberals have done well. Bit of an inverse relationship.

Let the battle for the sikh vote begin....

The actual interview:  starts at 20

https://podcast-a.akamaihd.net/mp3/podcasts/cbcpowerandpolitics_20171002_90537.mp3

Here's the full transcript:

Terry: I wanna ask you finally about the fact that you’ve long identified throughout your career with the grievances of the Sikh community  against the Indian government. And you support it for example, labelling the 1984 terrible riots in Delhi as a genocide of the Sikhs. Some people go further than that don’t they. Do you think that some Canadian Sikhs go too far when they honor Talwinder Singh Parmar, as a martyr of the Sikh nation when they put up posters  of him as a Shaheed, a martyr, when he was the architect of the Air India bombing. Do you that’s appropriate.

Singh:  Well, I think so important that we really clarify a misconception that exists. There’s been a lot of work and seems to be a creating a conflict that’s between Hindus and Sikhs. And for me, that’s really offended me. I grew up with a lot of close friends and dear family friends that were from the Hindu faith that told me stories of how they actually put themselves at risks to save  their Sikh neighbours. So for me, one of my goals was to erase this false narrative of a false Hindu Sikh conflict and what I really believe in

Terry: Forgive me but you could do that right now by saying that no it isn’t appropriate to put up posters of Canada’s worst ever mass murderer. Do you think that’s appropriate

Singh: Let me just clarify a point here. It’s so important we rid this notion that there’s ever been a conflict between Hindus as Sikhs. It’s never been the case..we’ve been living in co-existence as neighbors.

Terry:  interrupts again: Third time asking. Is it appropriate to put up posters

Singh: Let me finish my sentence. So the community has lived together, co-existed in peace and harmony and we need to celebrate that.  So naming something a genocide takes the blame off of a community and puts it on the government.  That’s the facts.  It was the government that initiated this..there’s been great reports that point that out. There’s been a lot of investigations/commissions that really clarify that it was the government ..not the people.  I think we need to make sure we  never inappropriately accuse the people of doing something when it was not their fault.  This is always something that’s been a government initiative, not the people.  So that’s what I really believed in, making sure it was named a genocide and not a riot.

Terry: What about putting up posters of Parmar, the architect of the Air India bombing as a martyr. Is that appropriate. Yes or No?

Singh:  So, it is so unacceptable that the violence that was committed, the heinous massacre that was committed is something that Sikhs, Muslims, Hindus all denounced.  The violence that’s perpetrated against innocent Canadian lives is something we all denounce. I regularly denounce it on the anniversary, it’s something we all collectively are opposed to.  There’s no question about this, that innocent lives were killed, and it is completely unacceptable and needs to be denounced as a terrorist act.

Terry:  So you won’t denounce those posters of Parmar?

Singh:  I don’t know who was responsible but I think we need to find out who’s truly responsible. We need to make sure the investigation actually results in a conviction of someone who’s actually responsible and we need to as a society collectively unequivocally denounce any time innocent lives are lost. That is something unacceptable. All Canadians stand together united against any forms of violence, terror against Canadians, and in fact anyone around the world.

Edited by PBN

3 hours ago, Under_Score said:

It's his hard work & effort...good for Jagmeet to achieve this....insecure people and hate mongers can cry a river...We Sikhs are Happy for him...Cheers!! :wp3:

Stop damaging your own cause by conflating Sikhs with khalistanis. 

Khalistanis are finally evolving though, you got to give them that. Incorporating Taqqiya in their approach is a good first step. Too bad the atmosphere is totally hostile to any kind of extremism no matter how much one layers it. Maybe if they absorbed these lessons from islamists prior to 9/11, they would have had a chance...

10 hours ago, surajmal said:

Stop damaging your own cause by conflating Sikhs with khalistanis. 

I don't know why some of you keep on bringing up khalistani. A lot of your posts don't make any sense and just spewing up garbage. 

What is khalistani? someone who promotes a separate sikh nation?  why is the term such a taboo?   

In any case, the khalistan movement started out as a rights movement for the sikhs. many of the original demands are already in place.  For what it's worth, a separate sikh nation i.e punjab would be against the interests of the sikh ideology and interests considering there are numerous historical places/takhts all round India.  And there's no such movment for khalistan in indian punjab anyways because the majority of people aren't interested in a separate country and more busy earning their daily bread.

Btw, how is asking for khalistan  any different from muslim kashmiris asking for separate kashmir. 

Let's clarify  one more thing, Canada has already passed a motion which stating the 1984 genocide against the Sikhs.

10 hours ago, surajmal said:

Khalistanis are finally evolving though, you got to give them that. Incorporating Taqqiya in their approach is a good first step. Too bad the atmosphere is totally hostile to any kind of extremism no matter how much one layers it. Maybe if they absorbed these lessons from islamists prior to 9/11, they would have had a chance...

whatchytalkinabout?

52d53dbbac160.thumb.gif.9352ed5acfc20360

1 hour ago, PBN said:

I don't know why some of you keep on bringing up khalistani. A lot of your posts don't make any sense and just spewing up garbage. 

What is khalistani? someone who promotes a separate sikh nation?  why is the term such a taboo?   

In any case, the khalistan movement started out as a rights movement for the sikhs. many of the original demands are already in place.  For what it's worth, a separate sikh nation i.e punjab would be against the interests of the sikh ideology and interests considering there are numerous historical places/takhts all round India.  And there's no such movment for khalistan in indian punjab anyways because the majority of people aren't interested in a separate country and more busy earning their daily bread.

Btw, how is asking for khalistan  any different from muslim kashmiris asking for separate kashmir. 

Let's clarify  one more thing, Canada has already passed a motion which stating the 1984 genocide against the Sikhs.

Khalistan movement started in Indian Punjab was later funded by ISI and turned militant/extremist and terrorist as well. They targeted non-sikhs in punjab and killed a lot of hindus in the pre-Op-Blue* days. Hence, the whole of India hates khalistanis and any khalistanis movement outside India esp in kaneda, where terrorists who bombed Air India and killed a lot of kanedians, and are regarded as martyrs by people like Jagmeet singh. Whenever Khalistan is brought up, it is considered as  n ISI funded Pakistani Chela group.

4 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Khalistan movement started in Indian Punjab was later funded by ISI and turned militant/extremist and terrorist as well. They targeted non-sikhs in punjab and killed a lot of hindus in the pre-Op-Blue* days. Hence, the whole of India hates khalistanis and any khalistanis movement outside India esp in kaneda, where terrorists who bombed Air India and killed a lot of kanedians, and are regarded as martyrs by people like Jagmeet singh. Whenever Khalistan is brought up, it is considered as  n ISI funded Pakistani Chela group.

Bullshit. when did jagmeet say they were martyrs. He condemned the attack.

but what' wrong with asking for a separate khalistan just like the kashmiris though?  politicians and media people in india are endorsing for a separate kashmir and yet nothing happens.

as for violence, sikhs faced a genocide in the 1980s.  entire villages were burnt by the mobs.  the police round up anyone using fake encounters in punjab.

point is, on one hand you have politicians/media people talking about a 'resolution' for the kashmiri people.  the people that waive pakistani flags and ask openly for a separate kashmir.  on the other hand, just the though or world khalistan is a taboo. khalistan isn't even an issue anymore amongst sikhs, yet you still have a unresolved issue with the kashmiri muslims.

Edited by PBN

Jagmeet singh is a disgrace and a terrorist supporter. He has categorically stated that Operation Blue Star was genocide. Ergo, eliminating a terrorist is genocide. Dangerous, dangerous ideology from a dangerous person who can harm relations between India and Canada.

1 hour ago, Under_Score said:

STFU...stop the retard broken record rant of..ALL Canadian Sikhs = Khalistani supporters....go and hug your Hindu terrorists who are still alive in India who committed mass murders against Sikhs in the 1984 Genocide...after that...please die...thx

Then maybe they should ask for a Khalistan in Canada. Indian Sikhs seem fine being one of the most privileged minorities in India.

operation blue star attack on the golden temple complex and on 37+ gurudwaras across punjab was ill timed.  It occured on the martyrdom of  the fifth guru,Guru Arjan Dev a day when you know there were lots of pilgrims and which resulted in pilgrmis blocked in the golden temple complex and caught in the middle.  and all media was cut off.

the genocide of sikhs occured when in 1984, mobs marked the sikh houses,burnt alive sikhs, pissed on their holy books, raped the women in Delhi, haryana, and all the way to bihar.  many of the atrocities weren't even recorded...just a few years back entire villages in haryana in which the sikhs were burnt by the mobs in 1984 and the police didn't even lodge a complaint. and then rajiv gandhi justified the genocide by saying that when When a giant tree falls, the earth below shakes

Edited by PBN

1 hour ago, PBN said:

operation blue star attack on the golden temple complex and on 37+ gurudwaras across punjab was ill timed.  It occured on the martyrdom of  the fifth guru,Guru Arjan Dev a day when you know there were lots of pilgrims and which resulted in pilgrmis blocked in the golden temple complex and caught in the middle.  and all media was cut off.

the genocide of sikhs occured when in 1984, mobs marked the sikh houses,burnt alive sikhs, pissed on their holy books, raped the women in Delhi, haryana, and all the way to bihar.  many of the atrocities weren't even recorded...just a few years back entire villages in haryana in which the sikhs were burnt by the mobs in 1984 and the police didn't even lodge a complaint. and then rajiv gandhi justified the genocide by saying that when When a giant tree falls, the earth below shakes

1. for it to be genocide, government planning and help has to be proved. otherwise,its one of many riots that the police lost control of crowds over.

2. Even if the riots of 84 were genocide, it still doesnt change the fact that Bhindranwale was a terrorist and Jagmeet Singh calls elimination of the terrorist in an exemplary operation of protecting Sikh holy shrines, as genocide.

1 hour ago, Muloghonto said:

1. for it to be genocide, government planning and help has to be proved. otherwise,its one of many riots that the police lost control of crowds over.

1. it's officially recognized as a genocide in Canada by the government.

Edited by PBN

On 10/4/2017 at 1:27 PM, PBN said:

A lot of your posts don't make any sense and just spewing up garbage. 

13 hours ago, Under_Score said:

STFU...stop the retard broken record rant of..ALL Canadian Sikhs = Khalistani supporters....go and hug your Hindu terrorists who are still alive in India who committed mass murders against Sikhs in the 1984 Genocide...after that...please die...thx

Big chunk are. Been to the 3 biggest gurdwaras in GTA, all 3 commemorate khalistanis. From what I hear, Vancouver is worse.