Asad Shafiq

While they seem completely out of depth when it comes batting, Asad Shafiq does seem like a world class talent. I remember watching him first at Mohali and he played a drive of Harbhajan. And I thought here is a talent. Seems like an earnest man with a strong temperament and no apparent technical flaws. With him and Azhar, Pakistan can build a batting line up in time. 

33 minutes ago, ravishingravi said:

While they seem completely out of depth when it comes batting, Asad Shafiq does seem like a world class talent. I remember watching him first at Mohali and he played a drive of Harbhajan. And I thought here is a talent. Seems like an earnest man with a strong temperament and no apparent technical flaws. With him and Azhar, Pakistan can build a batting line up in time. 

meaning he will be in world 11 probables ?

1 minute ago, Shaz1 said:

He does it to only save his spot. In that Partnership I must say you could tell Sarfraz was making the calls to play aggressive. Ever since Sarfraz's wicket fell it seemed like Asad Shafiq lost his brain cells. We should have replaced him with Fawad Alam.

alam's non-selection has always been strange to me given his FC record and his bowling. I remember reading an interview somewhere where he said that there were dark forces (he gave no details) that prevented him from being selected.

4 minutes ago, Shaz1 said:

Yup backroom politics. Not sure if its in India but in Pakistan there is a lot. You need to be favored by somebody to get selected.

it's here too... there's this guy called ishant and another called Rohit (in tests, not odis) both are quite useless

Edited by Vijy
8 hours ago, gharampaani said:

You're speaking as if you just noticed Shafiq. The guy has over 50 tests and several outstanding innings but seems to be coming to the end of his career and his rear guard innings are becoming fewer and fewer. 

I think Azhar, Salahuddin (if picked) and maybe Aslam/Sohail/Babar are the guys to build a new line up around. Personally I feel Babar needs some time away from tests. 

I think you can work on your comprehension skills if you thought I just noticed him after reading this  I remember watching him first at Mohali and he played a drive of Harbhajan.