Shashank Manohar At It Again:Asks CoA To Let India Play Series vs Pakistan

5 minutes ago, Shaz1 said:

You can avoid them. Its been done before. In the end you will only lose points though. But this not our stand its yours. So its only fair if you lose the points. I mean lets face it even if you go on to say you are avoiding bilaterials because you don’t wanna give a terriost nation money. By having these games in ICC events you are doing pretty much that. So avoid cricket completly if you truly believe in that. Other wise this blind patriotism looks silly.

Is it not for India to decide when they can lose points and when they cant. I think we should not be in the same pool but if it is semi or higher might as well as play. In that case you are getting the money either way so might as well as play. In bilaterals you dont get any money.

6 minutes ago, Shaz1 said:

I am sure if BCCi talked to ICC about this some sort of agreement could be made to avoid playing Pakistan in these high intense games. I believe the feeling of a nation is worth much more than what few cricket fans think. 

I think feeling of both nations need to be taken into account, not just one.

7 minutes ago, Shaz1 said:

By doing so you are giving terriost country there money and making lives of Indians more difficult if they are to lose any of these games. Therefore if you truly believe in this stance you would not care about what ICC thinks. This can easily be avoided if you truly go by your moral grounds. But the fact is you don’t.

No, Not everyone see it same as a lot of icfers here. I am sure those in position of responsibility in Indian Govmt and BCCI consider economic aspect to host country and ICC. Saying that, I doubt, playing against Pakistan actually means Pakistan not gaining something in monetarly term. But there is definitely no Direct Gain.

And Yes, ICC <>BCCI. BCCI can not take on ICC. But since Change of Guards is happening in India, sooner or later new ones will find that voice.

11 minutes ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:
1 hour ago, mishra said:
I will be surprised as Cricket is NOT at all a priority for Govt.  It has clearly told that No cricket with Pakistan. If BCCI keeps going back asking same question again and again, doesnt mean govt will need to answer.
However it exposes people running BCCI.

Its the CoA which keeps doing it.

And it needs to be exposed. But class of Consent manufacturers of India are still with Dawood and Pawar

19 minutes ago, Shaz1 said:

Pakistani’s do want games with India. Thats for sure. But what hurts is when you play us in ICC events but not in a bilteral series where you can truly judge a team. Its like teasing someone with money but giving little of it at a time. I think if BCCI took a stance of not playing us at all there decision will be respected. And this begging as you call it would stop. 

no India wont play you in bi-laterals, we will play you in icc events to progress. Simple.

1 hour ago, Shaz1 said:

Actually I see no politics being discussed in Pakistan forums as I do in this place. And I strongly mean on the cricketing front. When I went to Pakistan I made it clear that at times we blame India for all our problems. Its time we deal with it ourselves instead of blaming the outside world. There is a general animosity between both countries, its just for a normal human being its impossible to keep up since they got there kids to raise. People in Pakistan are either rich or poor. There is no middle class. The government does no favors for them. There is still a lot of load shedding, not having water issues. I think these things alone keeps a average Pakistani busy. 

I think its fair to hate the governents but no need to hate the people. Only peace can bring happiness not war. And lets be honest lately the BCCI is the one in control of having series with each other or not. If it plays politics than of course people will be bitter.

buddy as praise worthy as your statement is, India does not covet or occupy Pakistani territory, India does not send its comandos to Karachi to kill people, India does not sell its occupied land from pak to an other country hostile to pak to encircle it. Its the other side that does it. The reality is reconciliation can start the moment there is any attempt to redraw boundaries there is consensus in India to make loc boundary but is there consensus in pak to let go off Kashmir ?  Without the larger getting resolved, its childish to expect to have a normal sport rivalry.

3 hours ago, Vilander said:

Dude having meetings in his home town when he is the lead executive is normal. There is no cricket capital. this is just restive regional jingoism what is mumbai dubai nexus btw lol. Good imagination.

This is not about executive meetings being in Chennai or just petty regionalism. Mumbai has always been the center for Indian cricket and all major commerce related to Indian cricket, which is obvious since it is also the commercial capital of India.

Srinivasan tried to change the status quo but got cut down to size. I admire his gumption and his attempt at becoming the big dog but he had too many chinks in his armour, the biggest being his idiot son-in-law.

What is the Mumbai-Dubai cricket nexus? Google will help you with that.

What am I going to read next? Indian politicians have nothing to do with cricket? Sharad Pawar had/has never held a post in the BCCI? Rajiv Shukla is just an obese ex-journalist? 

6 minutes ago, jalebi_bhai said:

Mumbai has always been the center for Indian cricket and all major commerce related to Indian cricket, which is obvious since it is also the commercial capital of India.

Srinivasan tried to change the status quo but got cut down to size

how do you say he tried to change that ? by having meetings in Chennai. :wp1: 

Its like you said Mumbai is probably 2 times Chennai's GDP and probably 4 times the next city there is no way Chennai or any other city can and will challenge that. Most of commercial activities surrounding cricket will be from Mumbai for foreseeable future  how could srini possibly challenge it, and why exactly would he ?

This is just banter man, no substance in it. Its some corporate battle between Srini and some other folks in BCCI ( may be Sharad pawar) but has got nothing to do with mumbai or chennai.

12 hours ago, Vilander said:

how do you say he tried to change that ? by having meetings in Chennai. :wp1: 

By becoming the centre and center of gravity in Indian cricket first, and then the ICC. Srinivasan has a history of being ultra-ambitious. From his rise in TNCA, to BCCI treasurer, to BCCI President and then the ICC Chairman, he pissed off and back stabbed a lot of powerful people in the process, which was his undoing in the end. The goras didn't like him and the established order in Indian cricket didn't like him either. 

He didn't stay on top for too long though because he was up against crooks and thugs of the highest order, who conspired against him. Just not enough time to make any tectonic moves. 

12 hours ago, Vilander said:

Its like you said Mumbai is probably 2 times Chennai's GDP and probably 4 times the next city there is no way Chennai or any other city can and will challenge that. Most of commercial activities surrounding cricket will be from Mumbai for foreseeable future  how could srini possibly challenge it, and why exactly would he ?

This is just banter man, no substance in it. Its some corporate battle between Srini and some other folks in BCCI ( may be Sharad pawar) but has got nothing to do with mumbai or chennai.

It's a corporate turf war for sure. Mumbai and Chennai are the main turfs here. It's not about board meetings and what not. The men involved are centers of gravity by themselves.  

I'm eagerly waiting his return though :agree: . Man does have gumption and all his maneuvering eventually won me over

4 hours ago, Shaz1 said:

Pakistani’s do want games with India. Thats for sure. But what hurts is when you play us in ICC events but not in a bilteral series where you can truly judge a team. Its like teasing someone with money but giving little of it at a time. I think if BCCI took a stance of not playing us at all there decision will be respected. And this begging as you call it would stop. 

Like I said Bilateral (Bi means two) are easy to avoid. Multilateral are more difficult. In ICC events you getthe money anyway so might as well beat you and establish superiority. What sort of logic is this that if we meet you in Multilateral events we have to play bilateral also. Makes no sense.

2 hours ago, jalebi_bhai said:

By becoming the centre and center of gravity in Indian cricket first, and then the ICC. Srinivasan has a history of being ultra-ambitious. From his rise in TNCA, to BCCI treasurer, to BCCI President and then the ICC Chairman, he pissed off and back stabbed a lot of powerful people in the process, which was his undoing in the end. The goras didn't like him and the established order in Indian cricket didn't like him either. 

He didn't say on top for too long though because he was up against crooks and thugs of the highest order, who conspired against him. Just not enough time to make any tectonic moves. 

It's a corporate turf war for sure. Mumbai and Chennai are the main turfs here. It's not about board meetings and what not. The men involved are centers of gravity by themselves.  

I'm eagerly waiting his return though :agree: . Man does have gumption and all his maneuvering eventually won me over

naming it a corporate turf war makes sense. Just semantics but we need to highligh that. I agree with other things you say its just not a mumbai - chennai just business houses , coterie's with folks based out of.