Jalej S Saxena... One of those unlucky guys who wouldn't make it

gakgupta

Well,

I just checked and he is the highest wicket taker this season. I have seen him couple of seasons back and he looked really good. He was using the whole body and getting a good zip of the pitch and decent turn.

Don't forget, he is an allrounder. He got some good runs in one of the away A tours. Which means he has a good batting technique.

But unfortunately, his game doesn't suit T20's and not good enough to replace Ashwin in tests.

He could have played the highest level of cricket, if played for some other country.

Just unlucky...

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

He must be better than Jayant Yadav, as bowler and batsman?

His best chance, for the A team at least- and sadly A team was not as organised then as it is now - was when playing for MP he was pretty high in both run scoring and wicket taking charts a few seasons ago. He is 30, so not young anymore, but wouldnt be unfair to give him a chance with the A team in a home series

On 12/8/2017 at 3:11 PM, Sooda said:

He must be better than Jayant Yadav, as bowler and batsman?

His best chance, for the A team at least- and sadly A team was not as organised then as it is now - was when playing for MP he was pretty high in both run scoring and wicket taking charts a few seasons ago. He is 30, so not young anymore, but wouldnt be unfair to give him a chance with the A team in a home series

he looks definitely better than jayant in bowling....

With age spinners get better...may be 30 is little too old...but he can be given a chance in A tours to see ...how he bowls in australia, NZ, Sa and England

https://www.hindustantimes.com/cricket/jalaj-saxena-creates-history-becomes-first-uncapped-indian-to-achieve-big-all-round-feat/story-I1W5gDi5lOkoiIDeOaXLCM.html

On Monday, Jalaj Saxena created history by becoming the first uncapped Indian to score 6000 first-class runs and pick up 300 wickets.

-----------

Bit unlucky to be born in the same zamana as Ashwin, but this guy deserved many more A team opportunities at least.

On 12/8/2017 at 4:41 AM, Sooda said:

He must be better than Jayant Yadav, as bowler

He isn't and that's why Yadav was picked.  Indian team wanted a bowler-first player for that slot, and Yadav got the nod ahead of Jalaj.  Jalaj is a #5 bat who bowls decent.