Bumrah is the next world all time great bowler

lamellavig

1 minute ago, Ellipsism said:

So he can, good on him. I’ll repeat myself again and I think most will agree he’s world class and has the potential to retire as an Indian great but ATG is a stretch.

There is nothing to suggest that it is a stretch. You are just underrating his accuracy and his sheer weight of metronomy. 

39 minutes ago, lamellavig said:

Control over line and length, metronomic stuff, just general completeness. Line, length, pace, control stamina, mental fortitude, everything. Tell me what he is missing (in potential). Remember, he has definite potential to be ATG candidate. 

In other words, nothing in his career so far rules him out. 

Now it's potential to become an ATG? 

You said he WILL be an ATG 

Two different things 

Just now, Tattieboy said:

Now it's potential to become an ATG? 

You said he WILL be an ATG 

Two different things 

Right now, he has the potential. In the future, he will be. I cannot argue that right now he is the ATG. In the future, he WILL be because he HAS THE POTENTIAL right now. 

Two different things, and my argument is consistent. Hope you understand me. 

2 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Who  cares about what you beleive !   We are discussing facts here.  

Ranked 3rd in ODIs and 4th in T20Is as a bowler.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/rankings/content/page/211270.html

Just debuted in test and picked 14 wickets in 3 tests averaging 25.

You genuinely believe Bumrah is better than Cummins, Starc, Hazlewood, Boult and Rabada? What skills does Bumrah possess that the latter don’t?

Im not trying to degrade Bumrah, he’s clearly one of the best India has ever produced all I’m saying is that he’s not an ATG bowler. 

5 minutes ago, Ellipsism said:

So he can, good on him. I’ll repeat myself again and I think most will agree he’s world class and has the potential to retire as an Indian great but ATG is a stretch.

No one can say  after 2 years of international cricket, who will be an ATG and who will not be.

There is many a slip between the cup and the lip.

But he has all the ingredients and performances so far    ( averages 25.2 in tests,  22.9 in ODIs and 19.2 in T20Is  so far  )

Edited by express bowling
Just now, Ellipsism said:

You genuinely believe Bumrah is better than Cummins, Starc, Hazlewood, Boult and Rabada? What skills does Bumrah possess that the latter don’t?

Im not trying to degrade Bumrah, he’s clearly one of the best India has ever produced all I’m saying is that he’s not an ATG bowler. 

What skills do they possess that Bumrah does not? I am merely saying, Bumrah is on the path of an all-time great. Nothing so far in his career rules him out. 

1 minute ago, Ellipsism said:

I  genuinely think that only Rabada is better than Bumrah.

Boult averages 28.6 while playing 50% of his tests in NZ ...does not enter this discussion.

Bumrah is more focused than Starc or Cummins.

7 minutes ago, lamellavig said:

Right now, he has the potential. In the future, he will be. I cannot argue that right now he is the ATG. In the future, he WILL be because he HAS THE POTENTIAL right now. 

Two different things, and my argument is consistent. Hope you understand me. 

You don't think he could be an ATG or maybe he will, or you feel that he will be an ATG ........you know he WILL BE 

Interesting 

4 minutes ago, lamellavig said:

What skills do they possess that Bumrah does not? I am merely saying, Bumrah is on the path of an all-time great. Nothing so far in his career rules him out. 

KG- ability to reverse the ball from both sides of the wicket at 90 mph+. 

Starc- quicker, fear factor, reverses it.

Hazlewood- more accurate, can seam and swing it and gets more bounce performances all around the world in all formats.

Cummins- I’ll take Bumrah in LOI due to his ability at the back end, but as overall bowlers no competition here. Cummins can swing it both ways, accurate and gets more bounce.

Boult- Better with new ball, on par with the older ball.

2 minutes ago, Ellipsism said:

KG- ability to reverse the ball from both sides of the wicket at 90 mph+. 

Starc- quicker, fear factor, reverses it.

Hazlewood- more accurate, can seam and swing it and gets more bounce performances all around the world in all formats.

Cummins- I’ll take Bumrah in LOI due to his ability at the back end, but as overall bowlers no competition here. Cummins can swing it both ways, accurate and gets more bounce.

Boult- Better with new ball, on par with the older ball.

I disagree on all counts. You just need to watch Bumrah more, as per your own admission. 

Edited by lamellavig

Has a natural inswinger like Srinath but @rkt.india @express bowling @Rightarmfast Etc can correct me if I am wrong but doesn’t seem to have an outswinnger.... can’t recollect him nailing one... if he adds that to his armory can be lethal.

This is why so disappointed in Umesh.... had a natural outswinger and added the ball that comes in too but lost all control and consistency.

19 minutes ago, express bowling said:

I  genuinely think that only Rabada is better than Bumrah.

Boult averages 28.6 while playing 50% of his tests in NZ ...does not enter this discussion.

Bumrah is more focused than Starc or Cummins.

I don’t even think that posters on this website would agree with that let alone the neutral world.

I assume your there at the Aussie training sessions or have somehow entered the minds of Cummins and Starc to come up with that last statement.

Edited by Ellipsism

I don’t even think that posters on this website would agree with that website let alone the neutral world.

I assume your there at the Aussie training sessions or have somehow entered the minds of Cummins and Starc to come up with that last statement.

Didn’t you call some Shawarma or someone and Rumman Raees as ATGs when they have done jack at any level and you at arguing against a guy who has done brilliantly in every format and every opportunity he has got lol

Edited by maniac

I don’t even think that posters on this website would agree with that website let alone the neutral world.

On ball by ball quality, Bumrah is simply better. It is reflected in Bumrah's averages. Bumrah is simply better and more accurate. A simple eye test proves this. There is no other explanation.

The bottom line is that Bumrah is simply better and higher in quality. 

8 minutes ago, maniac said:

Didn’t you call some Shawarma or someone and Rumman Raees as ATGs when they have done jack at any level and you at arguing against a guy who has done brilliantly in every format and every opportunity he has got lol

Lol Rumman Raees is one of the worst bowlers to represent Pakistan, why would I call him an ATG. I don’t think I’ve called any current Pakistani bowler a ATG in the making.

13 minutes ago, Ellipsism said:

I don’t even think that posters on this website would agree with that let alone the neutral world.

Del

Edited by Ellipsism
12 minutes ago, lamellavig said:

On ball by ball quality, Bumrah is simply better. It is reflected in Bumrah's averages. Bumrah is simply better and more accurate. A simple eye test proves this. There is no other explanation.

The bottom line is that Bumrah is simply better and higher in quality. 

Bumrah averages 30 against non minnows in ODI cricket... (Aus, Eng, SA, NZ and Pak)

Edited by Ellipsism
7 minutes ago, Ellipsism said:

I am not talking about opinion of people

I am talking about effectiveness.

Bumrah is higher on the ICC bowlers' rankings in ODIs and T20Is  than all these bowlers barring Boult in ODIs.  

Bumrah has a better ODI average than Rabada, Cummins, Boult, Hazlewood

Bumrah has a better test average than Starc,  Boult, 

Bumrah has a better T20I average than Rabada, Cummins, Boult. Hazlewood.