James Pattinson warns fast bowlers might play only one format in future

https://www.hindustantimes.com/cricket/james-pattinson-warns-fast-bowlers-might-play-only-one-format-in-future/story-jIf21AG11xF8b5MdwJHSbL.html

“I think with the amount of cricket you’ve got now, with all three formats … you’ll probably see bowlers will probably stick to the one format, or not as much one-day stuff,” Pattinson told cricket.com.au.

“I think I pretty much got it right last time, I probably just bowled for a bit too long. I got through a year and then with the Bangladesh series (approaching), I was straight back into bowling. It’s just about being smart about when there’s opportunities to have a bit of a rest – feet up and go again, rather than just trying to go all year round,” he said.

“You see our three quicks who have had a pretty big summer and they’ve succumbed to that, so it’s really hard,” he said.

“I never doubt my ability in getting back there – obviously it’s just the history with injuries. That’s the thing, whether I can get back. It’s pretty hard, Test cricket bowling. Whether my body allows me, I will be doing everything I possibly can to get back there,” he said.

Edited by Stuge