Yuvraj Thread

kooljatt

They did win at Perth without him though...
We are talking exclusively about ONE DAY INTERNATIONALS ! :dance: For 3 years now, UV has been India's top gun in this form of the game. Its no surprises that even Aussie commentators like Slater and Taylor were literally goading Yuvraj to come back into form. Every scorching shot of his was greeted with a "what a talent, if he gets going, he will be hard to stop" comment. The whole world knows what murderously dangerous one-day bat UV is. And the best news is, it isnt gonna be long before UV invokes such sort of respect and fear in tests too. What talent, what grace, what power, UNREAL ! :yay: The closest analogy I can come up with for describing UV is this, The Ferrari F430. ferrari-f430.jpg Both have a frightening amalgam of inherent pedigree, power and arrogance. Most importantly, when either gets going, no one can stop 'em !

Fair enough, I'll tone down a bit. UV batted ok, there was nothing outstanding bout innings yesterday. He came at the crease when most of the Lankan bowlers were already from the heat and just fed on their freebies. Besides, come to think, he had failed so MANY times on this tour, its just a matter of fluke before he clicked once and this was it. If I were Dhoni, I would drop him right away for the rest of the series coz UV's one fluke innings quota got exhausted last night. P.S - The slog sweep for six off Jayasuriya, even Geoff Boycott's Mum could have hit that.

P.S - The slog sweep for six off Jayasuriya' date=' even Geoff Boycott's Mum could have hit that.[/quote'] But of course. Assuming what Sir Geoffrey says is true (and who would call him a liar?), his mum was the greatest cricketer to never earn a cap. Capable of smashing any ball out of the park, that too with a stick of rhubarb, and outbowling a fair number of international calibre bowlers. Mrs. Boycott (sr) ought to be a permanent fixture and automatic choice in any all time XI discussion. (Why doesn't the MCC have her portrait in the Long Room?)
i don't know why ppl call him Yuseless.. whatever.. guy deservz respect.. one of the better Indian odi bat..
that's because he is inconsistent in ODIs (yes, has become better of late) and rarely scores in tests (yes, in the limited chances he has gotten).
Guest HariSampath
But of course. Assuming what Sir Geoffrey says is true (and who would call him a liar?), his mum was the greatest cricketer to never earn a cap. Capable of smashing any ball out of the park, that too with a stick of rhubarb, and outbowling a fair number of international calibre bowlers. Mrs. Boycott (sr) ought to be a permanent fixture and automatic choice in any all time XI discussion. (Why doesn't the MCC have her portrait in the Long Room?)
Sir Geoffrey Boycott's Mum, is of course, one of the alltime batting greats ! this has been accepted by most world TV commentators who did duty with Sir Geoffrey....:D

@yoda but its total crap to call a good odi bat with namez liek "useles" i mean why such over reaction by ppl.. itz not that each and every Indian batsman is consistent.. for ex.. tendulkar hasn't scored a fifty yet in this tourney.. yuvi was a great bat last year.. ppl seem to forget it easily.. u just can't drop him from the odi team..

@yoda but its total crap to call a good odi bat with namez liek "useles" i mean why such over reaction by ppl.. itz not that each and every Indian batsman is consistent.. for ex.. tendulkar hasn't scored a fifty yet in this tourney.. yuvi was a great bat last year.. ppl seem to forget it easily.. u just can't drop him from the odi team..
Yuseless in tests, still. Inconsistent in ODIs, still.